Which Moderate to choose???

ecolyer

Mouseketeer
We are planning family reunion at Disney the end of April. Most of us are already booked for Fort Wilderness and bringing our own RV, but my son and his wife are not campers...

They would like to stay in a moderate.. any suggestions as to which is the best??

thanks for all of your help.

:love:

CSR is a great resort!! Check out these threads and visit my CSR website below.

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT QUICK INFO

PEPPER MARKET FOOD PHOTOS

JUST BACK THREADS

wb6r04.jpg

Best Food Court – Voted by DIS’ers
Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu

Best Pool – Voted by Dis’ers
Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

We are planning family reunion at Disney the end of April. Most of us are already booked for Fort Wilderness and bringing our own RV, but my son and his wife are not campers...

They would like to stay in a moderate.. any suggestions as to which is the best??

thanks for all of your help.

I would choose Port Orleans French Quarter for two reasons:
(1) It's one of the two moderates closest to Fort Wilderness.
(2) It's small and romantic for a couple.

POFQ is by far my favorite moderate and I've stayed at all of them except CSR.

The Caribbean Beach Resort is our favorite moderate resort. The resort is large but that also means that the guests are spread out, meaning no crowded feeling.

There are seven villages named after the Caribbean islands and each village has it's own quiet pool and white sandy beach. The main pool is modeled after an old Spanish fort. Located near the main pool is the Banana Cabana and you can pick up a tropical drink and sip it at the many umbrella tables.

We stay in the village of Jamaica and we absolutely love it. It is so nice to look out at a pretty courtyard but still be just a two minute walk to a beach. The Jamaica beach had hammocks and we would watch the Epcot fireworks from the hammocks.

There is a promenade around the entire resort so if anybody wants to get their morning walk or jog in, they can do so there.

In the middle of the resort is a small lake with an island situated right in the imddle. The island had several little nooks where benches were set up and you could just sit for a minute. Tropical music plays all around the resort including on the island.

There is a marina at the resort. You can rent small watermice boats, pontoon boats, canoes, sailboats, bicycles and surrey bikes.

The Caribbean Beach Resort has a food court as well as a sit down restaurant, Shutters. Shutters sets wonderful foods with an island flare. The food court had a fairly large variety of foods to choose from. The grab and go station had fresh made sandwiches, salads, yogurt, veggies and dip, fresh fruit, desserts, drinks and lots of fresh baked breads and muffins. The burger station had burgers and chicken strips (kids meals are served in a sand pail). The pizza and pasta station was above average. There was a station that served rotissiere chicken and veggies. In the mornings, the selection was breakfast meats, omelets, eggs, Mickey shaped waffles and fresh baked breakfast breads.

There are two stores located in Old Port Royale. One side of the store sells the tropical/beach themed items such as pirate merchandise, flip flops, t-shirts, coconut postcards (yep you can really mail them) and CBR themed merchandise. The other side sells the more traditional Disney merchandise such as watches, scrapbook items, t-shirts, toys, purses, etc.

We think the bus system runs pretty efficiently. The longest we waited for a bus was 20 minutes and that was because we just missed the Epcot bus. It also wasn't during the rush hours either. (It was about 10:00 a.m. on our "sleep in" day.) The resort is also centrally located so the bus rides to any of the theme parks didn't take long at all.

I hope this helps you make a decision, Lisa

POR is my families fav. :thumbsup2 It is a very beautiful resort with so much to offer. Since most of you will be at Ft Wilderness have you looked into the FW Cabins, then you would be closer together. Whatever you choose have a wonderful trip, I think it would be so much fun to go with family.
Next month we'll be at POR :woohoo:

We just loved the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. Maya Grill was great also. The Pool was beautiful. We were very close to the bus stop.

All of the Moderates are wonderfully themed. You really feel like you're in another place when you stay at one. I always stay at POR, but I've visited POFQ and CSR. I've also seen pictures and video of CBR. You should ask you brother and sister-in-law where they would like to "be": New Orleans (POFQ), the Mississippi-bayou (POR), a caribbean island (CB), or the American Southwest/northern Mexico (CSR)? It's all about their taste. You can't go wrong with any of the moderates.

I agree with poster JodyTG. POFQ would be a great choice. Not as big as POR and it's proximity to Ft. Wilderness.

I am just back tonight from CSR.. a trip report to come tomorrow, my head is just to dissorriented from traveling! CSR will not dissapoint!

I've stayed at POFQ, CSR, and CBR. CSR is my favorite, with POFQ a close second. CBR is nice, but for me personally, is my least favorite.

They are all very similar as far as the room and bed go. You can't go wrong!

Good luck! Resort choices are so hard. That is why I've been hanging out on this board...trying to decide my next resort!:hippie: :wizard:

After much discussion, my son and daughter in law decided on the CBR. Their first choice was POR, but that was not available for the dates we needed. So now they are so excited to be coming to Disney!

I feel like a kid again!

Thanks to everyone who responded. Don't you just love these boards..

Do you want to go to Mexico, New Orleans, The Caribbean or a Southern locale complete with mansions and bayous?

That is how I would base your choice as the resorts are pretty much the same with minor differences. Some are more spread out, but all in all, they are pretty much the same with the exception of room decor and POR/POFQ have the boat that will take to you DD.

So, where do you want to "be"? :confused:

After much discussion, my son and daughter in law decided on the CBR. Their first choice was POR, but that was not available for the dates we needed. So now they are so excited to be coming to Disney!

I feel like a kid again!

Thanks to everyone who responded. Don't you just love these boards..

They won't be disappointed. Going back again in July!:cheer2:

Your son and his wife will love CBR. We have stayed at all the mods and loved them all but CBR was our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter