Which moderate resort???

MissLori

Earning My Ears
Okay DISer's, my daughter is applying for the CP for 2008 so we (the rest of the family (4 of us) are trying to hopefully plan a trip over Easter. What are your suggestions for the best place to stay? We are debating about renting a car so not sure about that. We would stay at a resort for like 3-4 nights then head to my parents down towards Tampa for 3-4 nights.

My daughters now 21 and 28 LOVE the CBR - feels like you are "in the islands" - we have stayed there many times and never been disappointed!:love:

I have stayed at CBR, CSR, and POFQ.
CSR is beautiful. Enjoyed the stay. Very spread out.
CBR was also great. Lovely island feel, very relaxing.
POFQ went back twice. LOVED it. Very relaxed feel, like a clean NOLA French Quarter. Small and compact. Loved the boat to DTD. Empty pool (May and Nov). Overall, my favorite. So far.
Really though, you wouldn't go wrong with any of them.

I have always wanted to stay at CSR personally but when pusch came to shove, I picked POFQ. I wanted something a little more intimate and easier to manuever around. Plus, you have the benefit of being able to do a horse-drawn carriage ride and the boat ride to DTD. I am really looking forward to being there in only 8 days.

I've stayed at CBR & POR. My fav was POR. Although I didn't hate CBR, it is my least favorite resort.

Of the Mod's we have stayed at POR and POFQ. We prefer POFQ for different reasons. If you ask me (DM) I like it more because the buses stop here first and drop off first before going to POR. This is great after a long day at the parks. Also, this resort is smaller and gives you that sense of more one on one attention. The walk no matter what building you are in to the bus stop or boat docks is minimal. At POR you can have a considerable walk to the restraunt or main pool. Now if you ask my DS's (8 & 11) they would say they liked it more because the main pool was better. It was less crowded and they liked the slide better. They too also like the bus situation better as well.

Best advice I can give is, it is all up to what kind of Disney experience you are looking for. If you are looking for a tropical experience you probably want to go toward CBR or CSR. If you are open to a more Southern flair you might try POR or POFQ. You might look on AllEars.net for recent ratings of each resort to see what people who have just stayed there have experienced. I have found them very helpful in the past, although they haven't always been what I have experienced.

That's my 2 cents! :-) Have a great trip!

We have stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR. I would have to say I enjoyed Port Orleans Riverside the most. Great atmosphere, food court and location. Request a room closer to the food court area or you could be in for a hike. We rented a car and we actually took it to the food court once or twice because our room was just about as far away as you could get. After all the walking in the parks we needed a break.

We have stayed at CSR, CBR, and POR. I would have to say I enjoyed Port Orleans Riverside the most. Great atmosphere, food court and location. Request a room closer to the food court area or you could be in for a hike. We rented a car and we actually took it to the food court once or twice because our room was just about as far away as you could get. After all the walking in the parks we needed a break.

HI! I have a question that maybe you can answer! Wer are staying at POR in The end of April 2008 thru may 2008 and was wondering how close are the food court and the main pool? Basically if you are close to the food court you are close to the bus stops but what about the main pool?Any tips would be appreciated:flower3:

I love CBR the best, I enjoy the tropical theming. But I also enjoy CSR (best pool) and POR too. I did also enjoy POFQ, just not as much. I missed having the more spread out grounds and quiet pools. If I had small children or mobility issues, POFQ would be my pick probably. But I don't, so its not! In the end, pick the one that has the theming that appeals to you the most. Rooms wise and transportation wise, they are equal based on my stays. Also, if you really like room service and using a spa, then pick CSR, its the only mod that has those things.

Goofy 22: The food court at POR is very close to the main pool. There are outlying areas of the resort that can be a bit of walk to the main areas, however you will have a busstop and quiet pool nearby. POR is a lovely resort, any area will be good! But its nice the way the food court is right near the main pool, I could stay with the kids at the pool and dh could bring us back lunch so easily!

I think there are four busstops at POR.

HI! I have a question that maybe you can answer! Wer are staying at POR in The end of April 2008 thru may 2008 and was wondering how close are the food court and the main pool? Basically if you are close to the food court you are close to the bus stops but what about the main pool?Any tips would be appreciated:flower3:

At POR the main food court is just across a bridge (not very large one) from the main pool, Ol' Man Island. So if you are close to the main food court, then you are as close to the main pool as you can get. Everyone has to cross some sort of bridge to get to Ol' Man Island. Below is a link to a map of POR and POFQ resorts. You'll see at POR the main pool is on an island in the center of the buildings.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

HTH...

pixiedust: PIXIEDUST!!

At POR the main food court is just across a bridge (not very large one) from the main pool, Ol' Man Island. So if you are close to the main food court, then you are as close to the main pool as you can get. Everyone has to cross some sort of bridge to get to Ol' Man Island. Below is a link to a map of POR and POFQ resorts. You'll see at POR the main pool is on an island in the center of the buildings.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

HTH...

pixiedust: PIXIEDUST!!

Thank You! Bama C and Amy&dan for the info it was greatly appreciated!

i can't compare for you since the only moderate we've stayed at is the POR..
we stayed there 3 times and loved it......it's a beautiful resort...

DF and I stayed at CSR last dec and fell in love with it. We were going to stay there again this dec but decided (the decision was long and hard) to try and new resort, but we will be returning to csr on a future trip to wdw...we loved the resort, the pool, the transportation and the food court/resturaunt. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter