Which moderate resort would you recommend?

Take a look at the pictures of each of the different resorts. Which theme interests you the most?

Our families personal favorite resort is CBR. We absolutely love this resort! The rooms are larger than any other resort, there are two sinks outside of the bathroom with a privacy curtain which helps everyone get ready to head out in the morning a lot faster. We love the lay-out of this resort. It's been absolutely packed each time we have stayed here, but you would never know the resort was full to capacity. We love the tropical themeing and have never had any problems with the buses. The CM's have always been very friendly and helpful. The food court is large with many different options to choose from. All the food is fresh and delicious. The shopping is some of the best I have seen at any resort with very unique items.

One of the resorts we will never return to would be POFQ. We had an absolute horrible experience with this resort that was ongoing the whole week we stayed.

I've stayed at CBR, CSR, & POR

My favorite is, without question, CBR. However, it is the largest resort on Disney property and spread out so walking long distances might be a strain on you and your little ones.

POR was a nice stay, I have no complaints!

I really did not like CSR. I felt that the theme was not as evident as the rest of the resorts and it was more like a convention style hotel - very "businessy"

Unfortunately, I've never stayed at the POFQ, but based on what other people were saying about it, that might be the best choice for you..

We've stayed at CBR and CSR and prefer CBR. For yourfamily I would suggest either CBR for the pool or POFQ for the size of resort.

Happy planning. :)

Can someone tell me if all the moderates have been upgraded to queen size beds? Or are there only a few moderates with queen beds? Thanks.

I've been with children your ages- I'd recommend POFQ. It is very small and the shorter walks definitely help tired legs (theirs and yours!) getting back to the room. It also has a dragon slide that they will love if you plan to utilize the pool. Trust me, the last thing you want coming in from the park at night carrying a sleeping child is a long walk to the room...
If you stay at any of the others, be sure to request a room close to a bus stop (not guaranteed)

:surfweb: My family and I have stayed at CBR (before the pool rehab) once and at Coronado Springs twice. We really enjoyed both. After our first trip when we started to plan a the second, I voted for a return to CBR as we all really enjoyed it.

I got out voted by the kids who wanted to use the slide at the Dig Site pool at CSR. We chose that resort again last summer. We used the meal plan for each trip and found that the food choices at CSR counter service resturant were far superior to those at CBR. I have to admit that the pool was alot of fun too!

As far as the resorts, i thought the grounds of each was very nice, we utilized a preferred room location at CBR so were close to the bus stop and central market/resturants. At CSR we stayed is Casitas 1 and then Cabana 9a(?) both of which were very close again to the market/resturants and main bus stop.

I thought the buses to the parks were about the same, but found that the buses returning from the parks was better (a little) for CSR.

hope this helps, I'm sure you will enjoy any of the mod resorts at disney!:banana:

Thanks for this thread! I was feeling a little insecure about doing a mod resort this go round. Not so much anymore. I'm very excited about POFQ now:cloud9:
Rebekah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter