Which Moderate resort do you prefer and why??

edk35

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide where to stay the end of Jan. We are planning on going for a week and we want to do the special 4/7 deal. We are a family of 5 so we need two rooms and I am not so sure a value is for us. We have stayed at CS a few years ago...didn't like how far the themed pool was and the food set up there was not our cup of tea either. We stayed at Riverside (then it was called Dixie Landings) back in the early 90's and also CBR also the late 90's so it has been a while. Before joining DVC..we stayed at the Shades of Green, Poly and CR. Thanks for any advice.

We really liked Port Orleans (Riverside or FQ) due to the boat rides to Downtown Disney. When we stayed at POR, our room had a trundle bed & I've read on DIS before that 5 are allowed to stay in those rooms. I like FQ just a little bit better for the small size of the resort. Last time we were in building 1, one of the farthest from the lobby, but still was only a short walk IMO.

Here is the POR FAQ thread ---

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

CSR!! Great main pool area, awesome transportation, and terrific food options. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR now has queen beds in all the rooms and will have club level rooms as of 01/2009!!

11kfg3p.jpg

Do you feel you have plenty of room?? I wish the mods had
queen size beds though.

The CSR now has queen size beds but you said you didn't particularly care for it. If you request a certain section you would be closer to the Dig Site pool. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5 and it is a five minute walk to El Centro and about a seven to eight minute walk to the Dig Site.

CSR does have queen size beds in most rooms now.
When I went on the WDW website it still says CSR has double beds. When did that change? Will they be there come Jan? I guess with the bigger beds...you lose some space too. The only thing we didn't like back then was the long walk to the pool and our room was some what worn looking. We stayed there a few years ago.

When I went on the WDW website it still says CSR has double beds. When did that change? Will they be there come Jan? I guess with the bigger beds...you lose some space too. The only thing we didn't like back then was the long walk to the pool and our room was some what worn looking. We stayed there a few years ago.

The Disney website is ALWAYS behind. We were there in September and they were converting the beds while we were there. They are also in the process or rehabbing ALL of the rooms--new carpet, new furniture, televisions, etc. Cabanas 9B is now strictly Club Level. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me...we stay there every year.

Do they still all just have single sinks?

Yes, they do. But I find there is plenty of counter space for both DH and my stuff--all his prescription bottles, my prescription bottles, hair stuff, shaving stuff, make-up, etc.

We have stayed at 3 of the moderates. CBR is by far our favorite! :goodvibes Beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All that, PLUS a brand new huge zero entry pool with 2 slides and the new children's pirate pool. The rooms are currently being redone and CBR does not share buses with any other resort. It's like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place! :cloud9:

POFQ was nice too, but very small. We did not care for CSR.

Good luck deciding!!

We have stayed at CBR, POR, and POFQ. Overall, POFQ was our favorite, but there were good/bad points to each of them.

Our biggest complaint with POFQ is that there is only one pool. We're an older family, so we would rather a nice quiet pool than the main "theme" pool. That's where POR and CBR get higher marks with us.

Alot of people complain about POFQ not having a sit down restaurant, but the ones at CBR and POR really aren't that great...we'd rather eat at the food court anyway, so that's not a big deal to us.

Main issue with CBR is the size and I don't like the front desk/lobby being so far away from the central area.

Main issue with POR is the size (but not as much as CBR) and the bus situation seemed to be the worst here.

We would not hesitate to stay at any of them again, so our issues were not that major. Just prefer POFQ for lots of little reasons.

Do they still all just have single sinks?

All of the mods, with the exception of CSR, have double sinks.

My fav is POR. We loved the landscaping, the wildlife, the peacefulness of the resort after a hectic day at the parks. We loved the boat to DTD, too. The busses were fine. We never used our car and had very little wait times for the busses. We're hoping to do the 4/3 deal in March!

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

I have no idea whose "wise" decision it was to have single sinks at CSR. I travel with my mum and sister. We are all adult and have often to use the sinks at the same time, or we do a quick travel wash of some clothes in the second sink. A single sink would be a total pain in the neck for us now. I do like the counter-top space that I got from the granite-type sink unit in WL and am a little fed up at the thought of just having a shelf back in POR, but the two sinks wins it for me. The pool at CSR looks awesome though.
Maybe we'll go and visit the other moderates while we're there in May. We went to see POFQ this trip (at WL) and we thought it was very nice indeed, but Mum prefers the POR theme and she doesn't care for Mexican/Spanish theme as we have "been there, done that" with the whole Spain/Mediterranean holidays!

I have no idea whose "wise" decision it was to have single sinks at CSR. I travel with my mum and sister. We are all adult and have often to use the sinks at the same time, or we do a quick travel wash of some clothes in the second sink. A single sink would be a total pain in the neck for us now. I do like the counter-top space that I got from the granite-type sink unit in WL and am a little fed up at the thought of just having a shelf back in POR, but the two sinks wins it for me. The pool at CSR looks awesome though.
Maybe we'll go and visit the other moderates while we're there in May. We went to see POFQ this trip (at WL) and we thought it was very nice indeed, but Mum prefers the POR theme and she doesn't care for Mexican/Spanish theme as we have "been there, done that" with the whole Spain/Mediterranean holidays!

Understand your choice. For your future reference, here is a picture of the "counter" in the CSR bathroom:

DSC03985.jpg

We have stayed at 3 of the moderates. CBR is by far our favorite! :goodvibes Beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All that, PLUS a brand new huge zero entry pool with 2 slides and the new children's pirate pool. The rooms are currently being redone and CBR does not share buses with any other resort. It's like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place! :cloud9:

Wow! You make me even more excited about choosing CBR for our upcoming trip.

uugghhh! everytime i read one of these threads, i second guess my decision. i think i like the theme of CBR best, but we booked CSR only b/c of the gym. I requested a cabanas room...hoping to get that beachy feeling!

uugghhh! everytime i read one of these threads, i second guess my decision. i think i like the theme of CBR best, but we booked CSR only b/c of the gym. I requested a cabanas room...hoping to get that beachy feeling!

If you like both, then you could either do a split stay or try one this year and one on your next visit. Wherever you end up, you are at Disney and that is what is important. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter