Which MODERATE is your favorite, and why?

Which MODERATE Resort is your favorite?

• Caribbean Beach Resort

• Coronado Springs Resort

• Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

• Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.
I personally would stay at the Port Orleans resorts if I had kids under 7-8 yrs. Its a little easier getting around (my opinion). The Coronado is very large...they have golf carts running most of the time to pickup guests who need a ride to bus stops, main lobby etc. After walking the parks for a few days I was not up for walking 10 minutes to get ice or whatever. The main pool is great w/ a longer slide than the Port Orleans resorts and the landscaping is great in all three places. As you can tell from the respondents to your question all the moderates are pretty nice. Have a great trip.

The main pool is great w/ a longer slide than the Port Orleans resorts and the landscaping is great in all three places.
Is the slide a lot shorter? The one at CSR was really nice. My boys had a great time there. The dragon looks really cool at POFQ. I didn't notice that the slide is smaller. Will it still be fun for a 9 year old?

We very much enjoyed CSR! The resort is themed beautifully, main pool IMHO is the best on property (and has a great slide), if using DDP the Pepper Market is one of the best food deals on property, and transportation to all theme parks was excellent (especially MK!).

Riverside - peaceful, serene, beautiful - almost like staying deluxe, only cheaper.:thumbsup2

We've stayed at both POR, and POFQ and hands down POFQ is the best!
I love how small it is, the theme is incredible -I just felt so at home there( and I'm not from New Orleans!). Great pool and the boat to DTD is nice too!

For our money it's definitely CSR! They have so much to offer. Great transportation, an awesome main pool area and terrific food choices. Plus having some deluxe amenities is a huge plus too.

This trip will be our first time NOT staying at POR....
We have a bigger group with multi generations...and a bigger checkbook this time.

I love POR....very peaceful getaway from the hussle and bussle of the parks...landscaping is beatiful and people are friendly...the only issue I had was with occasionally longish waits for the busses....but the riverboat more then makes up for it IMHO.

POR for us AB section, after a long day at the parks I like the calm and quiet of POR at the end of the day. Visited my aunt at CSR last trip and loved the restaurants but couldn't handle the convention people and her room was in the first building near the main lobby and was considered "close" Ha! I guess the walk to our building 17 wasn't as bad as we thought.

To be fair though my aunt stayed at POR her last trip because we love it so much and was not impressed and had returned to CSR this past Dec. because she enjoys it so much. I think you will find that all the resorts are great for different people for different reasons. It would be pretty boring if they were all the same. Have fun finding your "home" resort because there seems to be one for everyone!

Chris.

POFQ because its the smallest mod, its quiet, relaxing, the food is really good, your the first pickup and dropoff on the buses, boat to DTD, and its just the best in my opinion.

We really enjoy CSR. It is such a pretty place and the rooms are just right for us. We prefer to stay at deluxe WDW resorts, but when they aren't available for a good rate we don't hesitate to books CSR. :earsboy:

I love polls. :) It is almost guaranteed that when someone posts the "what is your favorite moderate" poll, that CSR and POFQ are usually neck and neck, POR behind them and CBR running dead last.

That being said, they all seem like nice resorts to me!

I have to say CBR is my fav. I think it has the best location, it's quiet, and I like the overall look.

POFQ...so nice, small and pretty. POR is too big and seems like a lot of walking. We had a wonderful time at POFQ!
:goodvibes

I love polls. :) It is almost guaranteed that when someone posts the "what is your favorite moderate" poll, that CSR and POFQ are usually neck and neck, POR behind them and CBR running dead last.

That being said, they all seem like nice resorts to me!

Seems like the opinions have evolved over the time I've been here. Used to be all about CBR and the PO's with CSR rarely mentioned. It also seems like I don't see the amount of questions about the budget resorts as I used to.
This is just an observation...nothing really to back it up.:earsboy:

I love polls. :) It is almost guaranteed that when someone posts the "what is your favorite moderate" poll, that CSR and POFQ are usually neck and neck,
We've stayed at CSR and will be staying at POFQ in June. I can't wait to be able to compare the two. :yay:

I posted a similar thread many months ago trying to decide which moderate resort was better and the responses were very similar. After many months of reading posts and looking at pictures I decided the CSR was the overall best choice for me.

Now I'm trying to decide if I can afford a Deluxe stay, if so, then It's back to the drawing board again. :teacher:

Hope you have a great trip!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter