Which Moderate and Why For My Novemember Trip??

POFQ! - compact, can sit and watch the river, carriage rides, awesome CM's, boat to downtown disney, pool was not crowded for us!

We've stayed at CSR. It was bigger and the food court seemed more expensive. We still had a GREAT time, but POFQ is just more romantic and intimate feeling.

We will not stay at CBR because when we visited there on one trip there were lizzards everywhere and my wife started jumpin' around and freaking out... she said we couldn't stay there. (I'm sure there are lizards at all resorts, but this is why we don't stay at CBR)

another vote for ..... C S R :thumbsup2

I've stayed there twice. Love the atmosphere, has its own buses to each park, LOVE the Pepper Market, great room service, Great pool and slide...It is a conference resort and you will see people in suits, slacks, etc...(I've been to conferences there as well), but again these people are in their conference most part of the day. Which equals less people on the buses, at the market, at the pool...etc etc

As another DISer posted....love looking at the lake at night in the hammocks or by the sand in the "beach".

Look at Buzz2001 website...he has done a great job creating this SITE with tons of info on CSR.

Enjoy your trip to disney!!!

I would recommend looking at the pictures of the resorts and decide by which theming appeals to you:goodvibes
We have stayed at POFQ, POR and CSR and have loved all!
Enjoy your stay:thumbsup2

I've only stayed at CSR and POR - did not care for POR overall, maybe jaded by our horrible meal at Boatwrights!

Both are lovely resorts, but I love the theming at CSR better. Just a personal opinion. As for TS restaurants, do not even include Boatwrights in that category! So there is a plus for Maya Grill at CSR.

Both resorts are very large, so you could be doing some walking. I think at this point, it comes down to personal preference as far as theming. Despite what I read on the boards, I want to stay at CBR too, just to try some place new!

Definitely CSR!! We love it. The atmoshpere is awesome and you won't find a prettier resort at night when it is all lite up.

Just had to chime in here - because our favorite is CBR!!

Haven't stayed at POR or POFQ yet - are planning POR for the fall since we're now a 5-person family and that's the only mod you can do 5 in a room - but we stayed at both CBR and CSR and CBR is the hands down favorite. Theming is FANTASTIC - beautiful grounds, friendly CMs, better food court than CSR (IMHO) and we loved watching the Epcot fireworks from the beach at night. Everyone talks about it being "too big", but we didn't find that at all. We stayed in Jamaica, and it was right across the "island" from the food court, main pool, etc. The walk to the food court was so peaceful and beautiful - my 10-year old made me wake him each morning so he could walk to the food court with me for our "take out" breakfasts!

Also, the rooms are bigger than at the other mods (340 ft compared to 314 ft) - not much, but helped us since we had a pak n play in the room with us. I only wish we could stay there again :(

Good luck with your decision!

Aaaah! POR! :love: This was the first Disney resort DH and I stayed at and loved it. Didn't want to leave and every time we go back, no matter where we stay we visit POR. The only other Mod we tried was POFQ and didn't like it. If you like long leisurely walks, the boat to DTD :thumbsup2 , beautiful landscaping and just a laid back feel go for POR. They have a great arcade, great restaurant (Boatwright's) and everyone is just so friendly.

Another vote for CSR. We love it there - the grounds are beautiful - especially in the evening hours. The food is great, the main building is beautiful, the atmosphere is fantastic. LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

We're going in Oct and will be staying at CBR for the third time. I always consider staying somewhere new but keep being pulled back to CBR. Even after two visits we haven't completely explored or enjoyed all the resort has to offer. It is a little large - we had a room in Trinidad South on our first trip and it was quite a hike up to the pool and food court. But even though most folks try to avoid that section of the resort, it definitely has its own charm. The walk to OPR was beautiful and peaceful, it was very quiet, there was a beautiful and secluded courtyard right outside our door, and the bus stop for our village was right around the corner from our room rather than out on the far edge of the parking lot. I would always prefer a room closer to OPR but I would take one in Trinidad South again - no problem. And we can't wait to check out the new pool. We pretty much let our 5yo DD pick the resort for this trip and she picked CBR again mainly because of the new pool. We seriously considered CSR because we've read so many good things about the bus service, food court, etc and it does look beautiful. But ultimately we picked the resort theme that appealed the most. My reasoning is that if we really love the ambiance of the resort, we won't mind so much if things don't go smoothly every minute (and that is probably going to happen no matter where you stay). But if the resort theme just doesn't capture our imaginations, all those little annoyances and glitches will seem much worse.

We've stayed at CSR and PORiverside.

We thought that POR was the best value of the moderates because the grounds were so incredible and the boat to Downtown Disney is almost a ride itself!

If we only had four to a room, I'd go for the Mansions, but we had five in our family when we went. The French Quarter also seemed quaint.

Both pools are well-themed if you have children.

CSR had quite a walk to the food courts compared to POR....

My favorite is CBR. I loved the pretty buildings, the rooms were just a tad bigger and that made a nice difference for my family of four (we travel with our twin sized airbed and it fit more comfortably at CBR), the nicest quiet pools, we had wonderful cm's and bus service there. We also enjoyed the food court and the main restaurant. It just felt like a vacation within a vacation. You can rent a surrey bike or boat, and at night you can sit on a hammock and gaze at the stars and the high fireworks of Illuminations. You are very centrally located. In fact, if you look at a map of WDW, CBR is about dead center. Once CBR gets its new pool, I think it will just make the resort all the better. If you love tropical, lush landscaping and a quiet, laid back atmosphere, CBR is perfect.

I also love POR, love the boat ride to DTD, the main pool is awesome and the theming is so cool. Its my second pick for a moderate. I prefer to have a rental car at POR, since they share busses with POFQ and are picked up and dropped off after that resort. Its not huge but at times it can be a pain. It wouldn't sway me however and if I didnt' have a car, I'd still stay there in a minute. I love the Alligator Bayou section for the theming and the trundle bed!

I also love French Quarter, its charming and a nice compact size. And CSR is really lovely too. I can't say FQ or CSR are distant choices for me because I love them both and had wonderful stays there. I just love CBR so much and POR is a close second.

As you can see by my sig, CBR is my next choice for a moderate! I don't hink you can make a bad choice at all, they are all four wonderful resorts with a lot of theming and so much to offer. I can't imagine now enjoying any of them. Good luck with your decision!

I hate all this negative talk about CBR! I'm already booked there for november and now I'm wishing I stuck with good ol CSR! Okay I'm officially upset! So much for trying new things!

If it will make you feel any better, I absolutely loved CBR. I didn't think it was too spread out, we weren't preferred and our walk to the food court was no longer than my walks at CSR or POR. The new pool will be open for your stay, the resort is lovely, you can see Illuminations from various spots around the resort and the landscaping, theming and quiet pools are all wonderful. The rooms are also just a tad bigger and the double sinks in the bathroom are all nice.

I would clear your head and keep an open mind and just be excited. CSR is wonderful and if you would prefer it and think you made a mistake, just change (you probably still have plenty of time). But honestly, to me CBR is sheer heaven. CSR gets it share of bad reviews too. Just ignore them, they'll drive you crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter