Which meal for Chef Mickey

monarchsfan16

<font color=green>Holy smokes, the DIS is a big pl
If we go to WDW next year (very good chance) which meal is best for Chef Mickey's? There are 3 of us kids (will be 18, 14, 12). We'll be staying on site, so we'd be using all Disney transport. Is the food/fun better at dinner or breakfast? Are there always the same amount of characters there at the 2 meals, or is one more loaded? And is one easier to get into? Just looking for suggestions, as with just the mention of a possible trip I've been bitten by the planning bug, and we've always skipped this place. Not this time though!

We were just there last week and had breakfast! We LOVED the food and the characters were everywhere!. My kids had a great time and did my dh and myself. The food was very good!

we were there last month and had breakfast..it wad FANTASTIC!!!...food was great...atmosphere was great...characters make sure to visit all the tables....we had a blast.....will definitely be going back in december!!!

I will also say breakfast. Everytime we have breakfast there it is wonderful. Not only that, but the character interaction is great.

Agree, Breakfast at Chef Mickeys is the best. Last year we had a fabulous time there and plan to go back in a few weeks. Can't wait!! We have done several breakfasts and this is my favorite character meal. It is like a total party atmosphere, very loud but will definately wake you up!!

We have eaten at Chef Mickeys for both breakfast and dinner and we prefer breakfast. The food is good for dinner, but it is very heavy food after being out in the sun all day. The breakfast food is heavy also but.....we like having a large breakfast because then we skip lunch and eat an earlier dinner before the crowds hit.

I find the character interaction is identical for both meals and they did the same things for both meals.

When we go in Sept. the crowds are pretty light for us wherever we go, but breakfast I found to be a lighter crowd than dinner - especially if you get a later beginning.

Hope this help! :wave:

I'm in the minority, but so be it -- a vote here for dinner. BY all standards, my family members are pretty easy to please for b'fast (and pretty cheap, too!) I have one son who doesn't even work up an appetite until noon! DH is same way. Eating a heavy b'fast and then hitting the park just made us feel less than stellar. We only do the big character b'fasts now on days we are not planning to hit the parks, so that we can enjoy the b'fast and not feel like we have to rush (or waddle) off! Dinner is not that much more expensive -- but to me, the price is much more relative to what one would expect to pay for a meal anywhere, much less WDW. I don't often pay $16 for a bfast but I have certainly eaten my share of 20+ dollar dinners before. PLus, the kids love the dessert bar -- we get our money's worth for them right there! And we kinda enjoy the break later in the day -- ready to rest up for a while before the parades and fireworks!

If you're the type that wakes up hungry and rarin' to go, the b'fast is probably good for you. But if you're more like my crew (happy with a bowl of cereal, too excited to sit through a b'fast, and more likely to chow and want to rest and relax later), I'd suggest the dinner.

One more vote for dinner. We are going to do an early dinner next trip then back to the parks. They also take a family photo at dinner. They didn't do that in the past when we had breakfast unless that has changed. They also have the best parmesan mashed potatoes at dinner.:D

We did breakfast 2 years ago, we took the lastest time possible, I believe 10:30-10:45 more of a brunch, we didn't have to eat again until that night - light dinner. The 4 of us really enjoyed it.

Another vote here for Breakfast! :) We tried dinner once & couldn't get a PS until 8 or 8:30 at night. This was late for us & the place was absolutely packed! The characters practically ran from the table, I didn't even get a picture with Minnie. :(

Our next 2 trips we didn't even eat there at all after our poor experience there. Last March we got to stay at the Contemporary, so we decided to give Mickey's another try. We had a 7 am ps for breakfast & the place was half empty. The food was fresh & hot & the character interaction was great. We'll be planning another breakfast there in September.

My MIL & family go every summer & they always do the dinner & love it. Every family is different. HTH! :sunny: ::MickeyMo

One more vote for DINNER at Chef Mickey! You end up spending more at dinner anyway, so go somewhere fun with great food!

Katy Belle

I have never eaten breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but have eaten dinner there several times. I agree with goferit about breakfast. We would rather eat a lighter breakfast, grab a snack lunch later, and have a throw-down wonderful meal at Chef Mickey's for dinner(or any other place we may choose) The food is great, the desserts are mouth-watering! ::yes::

CArol36:wave2:

Glad to hear so many great things about Chef Mickey's! We're leaving in just over a week and will be there for breakfast during our stay.
I'm on a diet, and I'd like to try to (reasonably) stick to it if I can.
Are there good, low-fat, highfibre, low carb options there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter