Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Lunch

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Dinner

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

BelleBriarRose

Disney Princess
I really want to go back to BOG on my next trip, but I'm not sure which meal to pick. I've had their lunch menu before and liked it, but I haven't had breakfast or their new dinner menu. So, my question for the DIS is: which meal at BOG do you like best? I want to know what other people have preferred to help us make this decision.

TIA!

I used to really love breakfast but now it's just too overpriced. I will still go but order a kids meal or share an adult meal, so that softens the blow. It was really a nice way to start the day and the food is good.
I haven't had dinner with the new prix fixe menu (because my 2 older kids are adult pricing for that and no way will they eat enough to make it worthwhile).
Lunch remains my favorite of the 3- food is good, fairly comparably priced to similar meals, and it's a nice break in the AC mid day.

Is it enough food st breakfast to share? It looks like a couple slices bacon etc I guess if you add the pastries
I have breakfast booked but luckily I’m in the dining plans I know the kids will order cereal lol expensive Cheerios lol

QUOTE="EdnaMarieMode, post: 60185756, member: 627071"]I used to really love breakfast but now it's just too overpriced. I will still go but order a kids meal or share an adult meal, so that softens the blow. It was really a nice way to start the day and the food is good.
I haven't had dinner with the new prix fixe menu (because my 2 older kids are adult pricing for that and no way will they eat enough to make it worthwhile).
Lunch remains my favorite of the 3- food is good, fairly comparably priced to similar meals, and it's a nice break in the AC mid day.[/QUOTE]

We've never had breakfast there. We have had dinner there a few times (before they changed the menu etc) and lunch as well.

If I had to choose, I'd pick lunch there every time.

Is it enough food st breakfast to share? It looks like a couple slices bacon etc I guess if you add the pastries
I have breakfast booked but luckily I’m in the dining plans I know the kids will order cereal lol expensive Cheerios lol

QUOTE="EdnaMarieMode, post: 60185756, member: 627071"]I used to really love breakfast but now it's just too overpriced. I will still go but order a kids meal or share an adult meal, so that softens the blow. It was really a nice way to start the day and the food is good.
Lunch remains my favorite of the 3- food is good, fairly comparably priced to similar meals, and it's a nice break in the AC mid day.
[/QUOTE]

Even though you have the dining plan, are you sure you want to use your credits on 'expensive Cheerios' as you put it? Not sure about BOG, but can you pay out of pocket for the cereal and save that dining credit?

It’s $15 if I pay out of pocket.. most kids meals seem to be in the 10 range ..
We have 3 OOP meals booked Trex, Garden Grill and breakfast through EMM @ DHS and will prob share a couple times I think we are good

I don’t want meal credits left over either sigh

We don't usually eat huge breakfasts, so one adult meal plus the pastries for two of us is plenty. That said, I don't use the dining plan so this is all OOP for us. Breakfast is actually a good use of a QS credit because of the $28 price tag per adult.

ETA: I'm not sure I would use my credits (or pay $15 OOP for cereal if you're sure that's what the kiddos are going to order). For an adult, it remains a decent use (except the cronut- I don't quite get the $28 fancy dougnut but I suppose they have to have something for everyone and that was it).

It’s $15 if I pay out of pocket.. most kids meals seem to be in the 10 range ..
We have 3 OOP meals booked Trex, Garden Grill and breakfast through EMM @ DHS and will prob share a couple times I think we are good

I don’t want meal credits left over either sigh
Keep in mind that BOG is a QS credit for breakfast/ lunch and 2 TS credits for dinner.

I’ve had breakfast there several times on the dining plan and will do it again in the future. However, I’d never pay OOP for it. It’s way overpriced. My vote for best meal was lunch.

We have been for both breakfast and lunch on several occasions. I like both meals. They are both a good use of a QS credit, but particularly the breakfast if you can get a reservation before the park opens. That way you can ride SDMT without a significant wait. As far as food quality goes, I would give the slight edge to lunch, but the items I've had at breakfast were all good too. Maybe you and your DH can both order adult entrees and share some of your food (along with the pastry basket) with your kids. If you don't think that would be enough food or if the kids are just really going to want cereal, then I would definitely pay OOP for the cereal.

We do a pre park opening breakfast every year and really enjoy it. The croque Madame is delicious. However, we do the dining plan so it’s a great QS credit. I wouldn’t pay out of pocket for it. $28 is too much. If I was paying out of pocket I would do lunch.

We have had all the meals there on previous trips- sometimes, for a longer stay- we have eaten all 3 meals there on the same trip.
For the value- lunch. The portions are decent sized too.
Breakfast is not worth what they are charging even with a pastry tray. The portions, we feel, are on the smaller size so it makes it difficult to share. I am gf so I am not going to pay $28 for frozen waffles either.
We have loved dinner there but the new menu doesn't really offer anything we like and we our kids are "Disney adults" so not worth it to us.

Thanks all! Looks like lunch is the clear winner. TBH I'm a little disappointed, I haven't had breakfast or the new dinner menu there yet, so I was hoping one of those would be worth trying.

I may get shot down and blasted for this, but I am not a fan at all of BOG. I love the decor, but for breakfast I'm not paying those prices OOP or using QS credit for Fruit Loops, Corn Flakes, or Rice Krispies, or a donut with a fancy name on it, and a side plate of frozen Entenmanns pastries. If I really liked 7DMT (it's only ok) then perhaps I would feel different. Not a fan of lunch either. Dinner was ok, but now with it being a 2TS, I'll pass.

I'm with goofy! I think BOG is over rated but might consider it for a lunch if I didn't have to wait in line! We had dinner there once and HATED it! It was crowded, noisy, expensive and the service was rushed. In addition there were an alarmingly large number of "free range children" running around the dining hall, chasing each other, knocking over chairs, and one actually began helping himself to food off of another diner's table! Lunch wasn't that much better but it was cheaper and we were able to choose where we sat.

Lunch - we did dinner before and after it switched to the new menu, and didn't care for the new menu at all.

I'm with goofy! I think BOG is over rated but might consider it for a lunch if I didn't have to wait in line! We had dinner there once and HATED it! It was crowded, noisy, expensive and the service was rushed. In addition there were an alarmingly large number of "free range children" running around the dining hall, chasing each other, knocking over chairs, and one actually began helping himself to food off of another diner's table! Lunch wasn't that much better but it was cheaper and we were able to choose where we sat.

You do not need to wait in line (not sure if you know that) just pre-order and bypass the long line to order. You can pre-order even a few minutes up until your ADR. I always walk right in. Last week, my kids saw the line to order and they were so thankful we pre-ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter