Which Marriott would you choose?

grgich

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting Disneyland for 3 days in August (but will be in the LA area for 11 days total) and am looking for input on which of the Marriott properties to select for our stay. We will be using Marriott Reward points, and since all of the properties are rated a level 5, it will "cost" me the same no matter which I choose. However, all of the Marriott-owned properties are not available during our stay.

The Anaheim Marriott is not available during our stay. These are the ones that are available:

Fairfield (right across from entrance, I believe)
Residence Inn Maingate
Anaheim Marriott Suites (actually has an address of Garden Grove)
Courtyard at Disneyland

We are a family of 5, so will need to get 2 rooms at each of these hotels. My kids are 15,13 and 12 - so they will NOT sleep in the same bed together. My most important requirement is that the bed is comfortable. Second is that we can use the ART system to get to and from the Disney parks. Not even sure what else is important at this point, probably laundry facility, as we will be flying in from VA and will not be bringing 11 days worth of clothing.

So, anyone have any pros/cons on these hotels they would be willing to share?

The Residence Inn Anaheim (Garden Grove) also has kid suites - with 2 queen beds, a sofa sleeper, and bunk beds...... It is in Garden Grove - which is just down the road and is easy to travel with ART. It also has a free hot breakfast and evening snacks.

We stayed at the Mariott Suites in Garden Grove a couple years ago and it was nice - but no breakfast included. There are some nice restaurants nearby as well - Joe's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse...

We just stayed at the Fairfield Inn. You would need two rooms, but it is convenient, you can walk across the street and don't need a shuttle, lots of food choices nearby and the beds were comfortable.

I do think that if you don't mind taking a shuttle the Residence Inn would be a good choice. They have some bigger suites available that are more like apartments.

I've stayed at Fairfield and Residence Inn and I recommend Residence Inn, especially for a family of 5. The distance is a little further, but rooms larger, nicer, plus kitchen and breakfast included. :thumbsup2

My brother and his family stayed at RI Maingate in April. They liked the room a lot, said it was very comfortable. It is close enough to walk but it is a bit of a hike; your kids are old enough to handle it, though. His DD is 5 and so they didn't try walking much, especially back to the hotel at night.

They used ART and said it was reliable enough on the weekdays, though sometimes a bit of a wait, but said that on the weekend it was quite unreliable, often late or just didn't show up at all. They ended up grabbing a taxi a few times for $8 each way. He said that while the hotel is quite nice, they will try to stay closer next time.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter