Which Longhouse to pick at Poly???

vhartwell

Mouseketeer
All you Poly people...which is the best longhouse to request to stay in during your visit???? I have looked at the tikiman's pages and still can't make up my mind!! HELP!!!!!!!

"Best" will be different to different people. Want to be close to the great Ceremonial House? Want a quieter location? Want to be near the Ticket & Transportation Center? Want to be near the bus stop? Want to be near a pool?

Like I said, "best" depends on what you want.

Also, did you pay for a particular type of room? I stayed in a Theme Park View room, and have very strong opinions on the 3 buildings with that type of room.

Please let us know, and many of us here would be happy to make a recommendation based upon your preferences. :goodvibes

Good question! I just booked the Poly for Sept 2010 and am wondering the same thing! What are the tikiman's pages?

I will have 2 little ones (5 and nearly 2) and put in the generic request for a ground floor room near the pool. Love the idea of being able to walk right out of the room and head to the pool or beach. But no clue which longhouse would be best to specifically request!

Who will be traveling with you? What do you want to be close to? Just curious to see what others will advise.

I have a garden view room. I would like to which one everyone likes and why. There are 5 in our party - 3 adult women and 2 children. I am thinking of either Tahiti orTokelula.

We stayed in Tahiti...my DD was 3 at the time....it was a little further from the main house, but we LOVED it. We had a garden room on the second floor.

We stayed at Tokelau this past June. The location was great! It was close to GCH, the quiet pool, the volcano pool, and the TTC.

Tahiti and Tokelau would be great for 5 people, including 3 adults, because the rooms are amongst the largest (Rapa Nui also has the larger rooms). Tokelau is a LITTLE more centrally located, and Tahiti is a LITTLE closer to the TTC, but they are adjacent to eachother, so nothing is really far from anything (IMO). Tokelau is about half-way between the GCH and the TTC, and very close to the bus stop (but I prefer using the buses at the TTC for DHS and AK because they are direct, no stopping at other resorts on the way). Tahiti and Rapa Nui have double sinks, none of the other longhouses do.

If being VERY close to the GCH and the MAIN pool is important, I recommend Rarotonga, Niue or Samoa, as these are the buildings that are closest to the GCH and the volcano, without being too far from the bus stop or the TTC. These buildings have rooms that are slightly smaller than the ones in Tahiti and Tokelau, but they are still amongst the biggest standard rooms on WDW property.

Looking at the map may be deceptive, and may give the impression that the property is very spread out, but IMHO it is a very compact resort. It took my family about 5 minutes to walk from the TTC to the GCH.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the Poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter