Which longhouse should I request?

Disney38Girl

AKL Convert
My DBF and I are planning to stay at the POLY in Aug. for my birthday using the current BB offer when we go to the world next week! :woohoo: I was wondering what the favorite longhouses of wise people of the DIS :worship: are. Planning on a standard view, and walking is not an issue. 'Relaxation' is the official word of this trip, so maybe a quieter longhouse? TIA for everyone's thoughts!

If you don't mind being a good ways away from the Grand Ceremonial House, we love Rapa Nui because it is really close to the TTC. It is great to just walk over there and grab the express monorail to MK or Epcot in the mornings, and when you are so tired you can barely walk at night, it is really nice to be close to your room when you get off the monorail. When we stay there, we never even get on the resort monorail line unless we are going over to the GF.

We've always had a room facing the interior of the resort rather than one that looks out towards the parking lot. You might try looking around Tikiman's website regarding the Polynesian as he has some really good descriptions of the pros and cons of all the buildings

My first choice in Garden View is Tokelau. One rooms have views of the lagoon to the N, it's centrally located and has the largest rooms on property, 476sq ft compared to the normal 415. And it has balconies (or patio) on all floors. Only the newer buildings on that side have 2nd floor balconies. Rapa Nui and Tahiti have similar rooms but for me Tokelau is the preferred choice.

Another vote for Tokelau on the quiet pool side. You are guaranteed a balcony or patio, a nice big room and a quiet stay. I love the quiet pool myself for a nice, relaxing view. Plus it's an easy walk to the TTC and GCH. In our room on the third floor, we even got a sideways view of the castle princess:

Another vote for Tokelau. Central location, LARGE rooms. We were very happy there.

We stayed at the Poly in May 2011 & May 2012. Both times we got rooms in the Rarotonga house. We did not send a request, just happened to get the same one twice. We loved that it is right next to the Great Ceremonial House, especially during a couple heavy rainshowers! It's close to the pool and restaurants, and was only about a 5 minute walk to the TTC. At first I was concerned because our room faced the monorail, but the landscaping outside the room offered plenty of privacy, and the noise was never an issue.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any house. The Poly is truly a fabulous resort!!

Forgot to add that during our May 2012 trip, they were replacing carpet & wallpaper in the hallways of Rarotonga. There is always something to be said for a recently updated hotel.

Another vote for Tokelau on the quiet pool side. You are guaranteed a balcony or patio, a nice big room and a quiet stay. I love the quiet pool myself for a nice, relaxing view. Plus it's an easy walk to the TTC and GCH. In our room on the third floor, we even got a sideways view of the castle princess:
I forgot some of the longhouses don't have balconies on the second floor. That would be a relative bummer (all in perspective; you're at the POLY regardless!). I think Tokelau or Tahiti is the way to go for us. Tahiti for the 'off the beaten path' feel; Tokelau for the central location. Maybe I'll put in a request for both, let myself be surprised by something this vacation (I'm an ultra-planner, so this is a major thing for me!). Thanks all!

Another vote here for Tokelau. We stayed 3rd floor balcony garden view and also had a view of the lagoon which was an awesome bonus! The end of the hall on the 3rd floor also has the stairs which is a great and fairly quiet spot to catch the water pagaent and the fireworks dispkay.

We had this view too in Tokelau. We requested Beach end of building. If we looked off our balcony to the right, we could see the Castle. If we were heading to main pool we used that staircase at the of the hall and walked along the beach path. Close to GCH and TTC path.

I was also wondering what longhouse to request. Been having back and feet issues lately and would like a convenient location. We booked a Lagoon view and was wondering if the views were good from the Tokelau. I heard that Tuvalu was good and Tahiti but both seem far from one thing or another. Tokelau seems to be the bldg of choice here, just hoping the views are just as good w/o obstruction. After all, we are paying extra $$$ for the view. Is it about the same distance to the GCH and pool from Tuvalu as it is from Tokelau ? Are the 1st floor rooms as good as the higher floors for views? Thanks. ;)

I was also wondering what longhouse to request. Been having back and feet issues lately and would like a convenient location. We booked a Lagoon view and was wondering if the views were good from the Tokelau. I heard that Tuvalu was good and Tahiti but both seem far from one thing or another. Tokelau seems to be the bldg of choice here, just hoping the views are just as good w/o obstruction. After all, we are paying extra $$$ for the view. Is it about the same distance to the GCH and pool from Tuvalu as it is from Tokelau ? Are the 1st floor rooms as good as the higher floors for views? Thanks. ;)
Check out Tikiman's website! (thanks kltm!) Its really helpful and it gives pros and cons for each longhouse. (I found the site by just typing 'tikiman' into google; it was the 1st page that showed up)

We stayed at the Poly on our honeymoon this past August. We were in Tahiti and LOVED it! We were far enough from the GCH that it was quiet and peaceful. We were right by the walkway to the TTC, which was perfect for going to the MK or Epcot! We had a beautiful view of the MK. And we were near a quiet pool!

We stayed at the Poly on our honeymoon this past August. We were in Tahiti and LOVED it! We were far enough from the GCH that it was quiet and peaceful. We were right by the walkway to the TTC, which was perfect for going to the MK or Epcot! We had a beautiful view of the MK. And we were near a quiet pool!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter