Which kitchaid mixer? Best price?

BeachLove

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at the 4.5 and 5 quart one. The Artisan model seems really pricey...But I like the handle on the mixing bowl.:) Not worth the extra $$ though! Anyways, looks like I can choose between the glass bowl or metal? Which is best and what has been the best price you've seen?

I have the metal bowl and I'm satisfied with it. The best price I saw was at Walmart and it was $185

You want the model which has the bowl moving up and down, not the model which has the head tilting. The tilting of the motor can in time damage the electronics/wiring.

I am pretty sure I have seen them at Costco. I haven't needed to buy one in 15 years, and I am not planning to buy one again. Heres hoping

I have to tell you. I have the Artisan and I hate it!

I really miss the other one where the top flips back and you can get your bowl.
I have a hard time putting the bowl on and off and getting the beater off too with the Artisan.

I agree with PP. Don't get the Artisan mixer with the head that tilts back. Also note, the Artisan has a 325 Watt motor. The next step up is the Professional 5 series. This mixer moves the bowl up and down, instead of the mixer head tilting. Also, this mixer has a 450 Watt motor. It's going to make a difference if you are buying your mixer to use for years to come.

I bought my mixer (5 series) from Everything Kitchens. They have a tremendous choice of colors/finishes, as opposed to getting the "red one" off the shelf of a big box store. Plus free shipping. And I checked, there are rebates available right now. They have an extensive line of attachments for the mixers, too. Check them out: http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchenaid.html

akcire said:
You want the model which has the bowl moving up and down, not the model which has the head tilting. The tilting of the motor can in time damage the electronics/wiring.

I am pretty sure I have seen them at Costco. I haven't needed to buy one in 15 years, and I am not planning to buy one again. Heres hoping

I'm glad to hear this because my older one doesn't have the tilt head and I was always wishing it did. I guess I have the better version. It's probably at least 12 years old and going string.

I have the Professional 5 one and LOVE it. The bowl-raising (vs tilt head) takes some getting used to, but it's really no more effort or anything.

The one thing is that the Professional series ones are taller. If you have a particular place on your counter you're expecting to store it- measure to be sure it will fit.

I have 3 lift models Pro600-6qt/Deluxe Edition 450watt-6qt./ and a Heavy Duty 350watt-5qt.refurbished mixer
KithchenCollection.com has Artisian tilt mixer refurbished for $229lots of colors and Pro 600 refurbs for $299
They are a reputable website and have store in our local mall here in Ohio pluss Outlet stores here in Ohio.

You can snag a better deal close to Christmas on a refurb Artisan model around $169 in past yrs. on website.

Scott

I'm looking at the 4.5 and 5 quart one. The Artisan model seems really pricey...But I like the handle on the mixing bowl.:) Not worth the extra $$ though! Anyways, looks like I can choose between the glass bowl or metal? Which is best and what has been the best price you've seen?

Costco always sells them for the holidays and usually with a $50 rebate.

My gf got a great buy at Kohl's on Black Friday. I don't shop at Kohl's but I remember she was able to combine coupon deals with bucks or something like that.

I bought this one refurbished from kitchenaid on ebay for $200. It was over $100 off. I LOVE IT!!! :lovestruc

I got my Artisan 5 years ago for $105 + tax - Lowe's ad price *error* ~ local Lowe's were out *could've done a website order at the store* but Sears matched the ad price + an additional 10% off + a $30 rebate from Whirlpool/Kitchenaid :cool1: Slickdeals thread on it....

Hi,

I purchase a refurbished 6 qt Kitchen Aid from best buys.com. It was the one with the lift up bowl. It was about 100.00 cheaper than a new one. You should try there.

If you're not in a big rush, I'd wait until the holidays. Bought a new Pro 600 from Amazon 3 yrs ago after Thanksgiving for $299.00, plus free shipping and a $50 rebate.

We chose the extra wattage (575) as we planned on buying the meat grinder attachment and felt the extra power would be worth it.

I'm just subscribing to gather info. I'm thinking that I want a Kitchen Aid for myself for Christmas...

If nothing else it pays for itself in cookies-I wish my mom had one while growing up as she made lots of cookies and creaming butter and sugar was a pain let alone stiring by hand.
Also saves you $$$ by not ordering pizza take out--which the "S"hook is much better than the "C"hook in doing doughs.

Scott

I have the one that the head tilts...have had it at least 10 years and still going strong. I got mine off Amazon.

Jill in CO

I got my Artisan 5 years ago for $105 + tax - Lowe's ad price *error* ~ local Lowe's were out *could've done a website order at the store* but Sears matched the ad price + an additional 10% off + a $30 rebate from Whirlpool/Kitchenaid :cool1: Slickdeals thread on it....

I got the same deal on my tilt-head Artisan! It gets used a lot, especially during the holidays, and it's still going strong.

I have the tilt-head Deluxe with the glass bowl. Love it. After 15 years with another Artisan, I sold that and bought the deluxe. ZERO issues with the mechanics, electrical or just plain getting the bowl out. Use it several times a week and it fits under my cupboard on the counter.

Well......Now I'm even more confused!:rotfl: I need a plain color and that's about all I've figured out.

"KitchenAid 4.5 Quart Ultra Power Stand Mixer - Almond Creme"
Features: Removable Bowl, Tilt Back Head, Variable Speed, All Metal Drive System
Includes: Recipe Book, Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, Flat Beaters, Instruction Manual, Dough Hooks, Balloon Whisk

VS.

"KitchenAid Artisan 5-qt. Stand Mixer - White (KSM150)"
Features: Tilt Back Head, Direct Drive Motor
Includes: Pouring Shield, Instruction Manual, Flat Beaters, Dough Hooks, Balloon Whisk With handle.

VS.

"KitchenAid 4.5-qt. Ultra Power Stand Mixer - White"
Features: Tilt Back Head, Direct Drive Motor
Includes: Pouring Shield, Instruction Manual, Flat Beaters, Dough Hooks, Balloon Whisk

Price difference is $30 less for the top one and the bottom two are the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter