Which is worse?

brooke.jax.gia

Earning My Ears
Are crowds higher during the week of thanksgiving, or during presidents week?

As of now we are planning on going this upcoming thanksgiving, but am considering our mardi GRAS 2012 break, that coincides with presidents day that week.

TIA

Are crowds higher during the week of thanksgiving, or during presidents week?

As of now we are planning on going this upcoming thanksgiving, but am considering our mardi GRAS 2012 break, that coincides with presidents day that week.

TIA

You'll never know for sure until it's over, but in those years when Mardis Gras and President's week occur at the same time, the rowds are far worse than in the years where they are at different times.

I don't know about Thanksgiving, but we went last Mardi Gras Week which also fell during Pres Week. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN! The waits were horrible even for the bathrooms.

Ditto Jonell! We went this past Mardi Gras/President's week ane NEVER again. It was insane!! Normally Mardi Gras is a perfect time to go if and only if it does not occur in conjunction with Pres. week.

Another Louisianian here looking to go Mardi Gras 2012... is it crazy-busy the entire week or does it slow down after Mardi Gras day, that Tuesday or even Wed maybe? We were wanting to go to the new LEGOland then (I think it's supposed to open this fall) but I doubt it'll take more than 2 days to reasonably see everything there, so I was thinking of adding a few days of WDW in the latter part of that week. We may need to rethink all of this if not... but I don't know if my oldest son can wait any longer for LEGOland!

Hi Brooke
I think it would be helpful if people who have been during BOTH times can give you a more detailed reply of their experience, AND base it on whether they followed any type of touring plan including best days to visit and rope drop strategy.:thumbsup2

I wish myself I could be more helpful; I've been just during Mardi Gras (2009) - when it fell the week after President's week - and did notice an increase in crowds over the same week in 2007 (again, week AFTER President's week, during non-Mardi Gras period). But that may have had something to do with the 4/3 promotions that were being offered that helped to increase tourism to the parks. We didn't follow a specific touring plan, or even best days. We went to MK on MG day (because it was my DD's bday and that's what she wanted) and I remember BTMRR was 70 min wait by noon.

Good luck with your plans.:goodvibes

Just booked for Mardi GRAS 2012 break...we knew in advance that it was Presdent Day....did not know it was Presdent week...it will still be fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter