Which is the cheapest drugstore chain?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by frannn, Aug 28, 2004.

1. frannn

frannn <font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread

I need to purchase some serious meds for our trip in Sept, and want to go to the least expensive drugstore to buy all of them. I still need either childrens Dimeatapp or Triaminic for the plane ride (per dr), Sinus pills, Maylox Max, and Childrens Tylenol or Motrin. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. I wouldn't be opposed to buying store brand, as long as it had the same ingredients and is safe for kids. I have CVS, Walgreens, and the one that used to be Genovese near me. I think there are some others that I can't bring to mind right now. Which one will I spend the least at? TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Amirah95

Amirah95 I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Here in NJ, I find that Rite Aid is the cheapest (not by too many pennies) from CVS or Drug Fair. I look out for coupons to get over the counter medications. I faithfully keep my nose in the Sunday paper.

4. Bildmouse

Bildmouse <font color=teal>Where does the time go!<br><font

I find WalMart is the least expensive for those types of things especially when you buy their brand.

5. eeyore kelly

eeyore kelly <font color=purple>I hate thinking I can sleep unt

I do too. The only thing I find cheaper is a hospital pharamcy (sp?). A friend of mine works at a hospital, and she can get things there very cheap. Just a thought!

6. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I agree. Try looking at the prices in Wal Mart.

7. maraakl

maraakl Mouseketeer

Not sure if you have a WalMart nearby, but, they are, I have found for me personally, to be the least expensive and their store brand is great.

8. frannn

frannn <font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread

I would have never thought to go there for drugstore items. I had a field day today! I got their brand (Equate) of everything I needed, plus a container of antibacterial wipes and baby wipes. It's the other things I bought that I spent too much on, LOL. I think I saved about 50% or more off the normal price of the name brand stuff. I will shop Walmart for my meds from now on!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. LovesDoomBuggies

LovesDoomBuggies <font color=blue>Owned by furry, blurry Jackson<br

I like to keep an eye on Walgreens- it seems like they are ALWAYS having buy 1 get 1 free specials on vitamins and things like that.
    It's not my favorite store, but I will definitely stop in for a B1G1F item.

10. crisi

crisi DIS Veteran

I like Walgreens, they also have reasonably priced store brands. And they have great sales. Since they sell nothing but a few things I need and a lot of JUNK its a great place to shop - I never leave with more than I went in for. Unlike Target, where I suddenly discover that I really need a new capri outfit because its so cute!

Target also has reasonably priced store brands.

11. Muushka

Muushka <font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped

You know who else has some bargain drugs?? Sams Club of course!

I get my Chlortrimeton (allergy meds) there with the brand name Member's Mark, 400 tabs for $3.29. That is less that a penny a tablet. They also have other MM brand drugs. Check 'em out!