Which is the cheapest drugstore chain?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I need to purchase some serious meds for our trip in Sept, and want to go to the least expensive drugstore to buy all of them. I still need either childrens Dimeatapp or Triaminic for the plane ride (per dr), Sinus pills, Maylox Max, and Childrens Tylenol or Motrin. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. I wouldn't be opposed to buying store brand, as long as it had the same ingredients and is safe for kids. I have CVS, Walgreens, and the one that used to be Genovese near me. I think there are some others that I can't bring to mind right now. Which one will I spend the least at? TIA!

Here in NJ, I find that Rite Aid is the cheapest (not by too many pennies) from CVS or Drug Fair. I look out for coupons to get over the counter medications. I faithfully keep my nose in the Sunday paper.

I find WalMart is the least expensive for those types of things especially when you buy their brand.

I find WalMart is the least expensive for those types of things especially when you buy their brand.

I do too. The only thing I find cheaper is a hospital pharamcy (sp?). A friend of mine works at a hospital, and she can get things there very cheap. Just a thought!

Originally posted by frannn
I need to purchase some serious meds for our trip in Sept, and want to go to the least expensive drugstore to buy all of them. I still need either childrens Dimeatapp or Triaminic for the plane ride (per dr), Sinus pills, Maylox Max, and Childrens Tylenol or Motrin. I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. I wouldn't be opposed to buying store brand, as long as it had the same ingredients and is safe for kids. I have CVS, Walgreens, and the one that used to be Genovese near me. I think there are some others that I can't bring to mind right now. Which one will I spend the least at? TIA!

Not sure if you have a WalMart nearby, but, they are, I have found for me personally, to be the least expensive and their store brand is great.

I would have never thought to go there for drugstore items. I had a field day today! I got their brand (Equate) of everything I needed, plus a container of antibacterial wipes and baby wipes. It's the other things I bought that I spent too much on, LOL. I think I saved about 50% or more off the normal price of the name brand stuff. I will shop Walmart for my meds from now on!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to keep an eye on Walgreens- it seems like they are ALWAYS having buy 1 get 1 free specials on vitamins and things like that.
It's not my favorite store, but I will definitely stop in for a B1G1F item.

I like Walgreens, they also have reasonably priced store brands. And they have great sales. Since they sell nothing but a few things I need and a lot of JUNK its a great place to shop - I never leave with more than I went in for. Unlike Target, where I suddenly discover that I really need a new capri outfit because its so cute!

Target also has reasonably priced store brands.

You know who else has some bargain drugs?? Sams Club of course!

I get my Chlortrimeton (allergy meds) there with the brand name Member's Mark, 400 tabs for $3.29. That is less that a penny a tablet. They also have other MM brand drugs. Check 'em out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter