Which is the better Fastpass+ option? (EPCOT)

thedock

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I'm making last minute adjustments to my FPs before our trip this weekend. I had gotten the Illuminations fastpass, but now I'm wondering if it's a better idea to swap it out for Soarin'.

It's just my husband and I, and we're planning on getting to the parks about 30mins before the gates open. Should I hold on to that Illuminations time and just hit Soarin' first thing?

Thanks all! I appreciate it!

Well, I would say it depends...

If you get there at park open you can probably do either test track OR soarin with little standby wait. If you already have a FP+ for test track then you could get there and go to Soarin ASAP.

If you don't plan to be there at park open, I would do your FP+ for Soarin. Wait times get over 60min most days and IMO that's just too long to wait.

If you stake out a spot early enough you can get a good view of Illuminations or even book an ADR that has a good view of Illuminations and eat while watching :)

I will agree that the switch out for Soarin would probably be best. There are plenty of places to get a good view of illuminations, but there is only one ride.

I will agree that the switch out for Soarin would probably be best. There are plenty of places to get a good view of illuminations, but there is only one ride.

I would agree with this, You can get pretty good views of Illuminations from all around the lagoon, but the wait for Soarin' is looong. I much prefer queuing for TT even if the posted wait time is the same for both (and this was the old TT)

Are you planning to do Test Track as well?
If so, I would do Test Track right at rope drop and switch your Illuminations FP for a Soarin' one.

I'd never use a fastpass from Illuminations (if there was something else in the park I'd rather have a fastpass for, that is) because in most cases you do not need a dedicated viewing area. There are multiple areas around the World Showcase that provide a good view and don't required an hour wait. Very high attendance times excluded.

Hi everyone,
I'm making last minute adjustments to my FPs before our trip this weekend. I had gotten the Illuminations fastpass, but now I'm wondering if it's a better idea to swap it out for Soarin'.

It's just my husband and I, and we're planning on getting to the parks about 30mins before the gates open. Should I hold on to that Illuminations time and just hit Soarin' first thing?

Thanks all! I appreciate it!

See the green link in my signature.

I was hoping to not have to wait forever to find a spot for the fireworks, but I think that'll be a much more bearable wait/hunt than the Soarin' lines.

How I so wish I could've tried to change my passes when they had that "glitch" last night that let you choose a FP from ANY on the list!

Thanks for all your advice!! You're all are great!

thedock said:
I was hoping to not have to wait forever to find a spot for the fireworks, but I think that'll be a much more bearable wait/hunt than the Soarin' lines.

How I so wish I could've tried to change my passes when they had that "glitch" last night that let you choose a FP from ANY on the list!

Thanks for all your advice!! You're all are great!

Is that glitch fixed?

Hi,
I can see several good options! The FP+ gives you so many ways to work it.

I think what you have planned is just fine. By getting there for rope drop, you'll walk right on to Soarin.

If you want to ride Soarin twice, you can do so a second time immediately after the first with moderate wait. If you want to ride Soarin midday, I would take your FP as Soarin for the midday time you want.

Or if you only want to ride Soarin once, then rope drop Test Track... ride it once together, then go again right after as single riders. Then hit Soarin w your FP+.

If you want to keep your Illuminations, then I would rope drop Soarin and hit Test Track via single riders.

Given all this, there is really no right answer... it sounds like you already know the tradeoffs to creating a nice day. :D Oh, if I didn't have kids how flexible would we be. We'd still be hitting up Figment! We last went in 2012 and our DS7 still hums that song all---the---time. So fit the cheezy rides in too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter