• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is the best night to book Remy?

Aligon

Earning My Ears
We are going on Disney Fantasy Sep 13 for 7 night cruise. I will like to book Remy to celebrate my birthday but I don't want to miss the special nights (Pirate nigth or Special show in Animator's). Which is the best night to book Remy?

It really depends on which dining rotation you get and if you are the Eastern or Western Itinerary. I have a layout I created for the Eastern which I will grab in just a second for you...

We are in Western Itinerary. This is our first cruise. When I know what is our dining rotation? I know the rotation before my booking time?

Sorry to many questions....:confused3

Western I am unsure about... I think the activity nights are the same as the Eastern, but I'm sure someone will step in if I'm not right.

This is for the EASTERN itinerary:

The Rotations are:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

R= Royal Court
A= Animators Palate
E= Enchanted Garden.

Nightly Menu Break Downs

Night 1: Rotational Menu/Crush if Animators
Night 2: Rotational Menu/Crush if Animators
Night 3: Rotational Menu/Crush if Animators
Night 4: Pirates Menu All Restaurants
Night 5: Prince and Princess Menu All Restaurants
Night 6: Captain's Gala Menu All Restaurants
Night 7: See ya Real Soon Menu All Restaurants

You can call ahead and request a specific rotation. We had the one that started with animators. We liked that because it put us there for the start of the cruise so we got to start the cruise with the crush show and end the cruise with the drawing animation. It also put us there for pirate night, which we had already had dinner in animators on pirate night on the Dream so we were ok missing that. For us, that's the night we had dinner at Palo.

But like I said, I'm fairly certain that the Western doubles up on a specific rotation location. You can always call the cruise line and verify too before you put in your request :-)

We always book our Remy dinner either on the 1st night (MDRs always seem hectic the 1st night plus Remy is less crowded) or on Pirate night (done it a couple times not our favorite meal/menu). But really any night dining at Remy will be wonderful experience :thumbsup2. Make sure to mention it's your birthday. :)

We always book our Remy dinner either on the 1st night (MDRs always seem hectic the 1st night plus Remy is less crowded) or on Pirate night (done it a couple times not our favorite meal/menu). But really any night dining at Remy will be wonderful experience :thumbsup2. Make sure to mention it's your birthday. :)

1st night would would be a good option as it does tend to be pretty hectic. But the reason for this is because servers are trying to get to know you and your family, get all your requests in and noted, talk to you about what to expect in the dining rooms, how the rotations will work, etc etc etc. For a first time cruiser, i would recommend that they don't miss the first night just because of this :goodvibes

Pirate night, however, I totally agree with. We don't care for the pirate menu either and if for some crazy reason that we were still hungry after eating at Palo/Remy there are PLENTY of other options around the ship to get food :-) !!

Thanks for all your feedback.
What time are the fireworks in the Pirate night? I don't want my kids miss them. I heard Remy dinning can be 3 hours dinner.

Im pretty sure 10:30? We had a 6pm Palo Dinner (doesn't last as long as Remy) and had plenty of time to go to the room, get into our costumes, take a bunch of pictures around the atrium back drops, go back up to the pool decks, walk around, find a good spot to view the fireworks and we still had plenty of time to relax :-)

I think the stage show starts at like 10 or 10:15 with the fireworks right after that.

We love to book Remy the last night of the cruise kind of as our last hurrah and a great way to end the cruise. If you have Remy reservations that night you don't have to have your luggage outside of the door by 10. Just call the front desk and tell them you will be in Remy and they will tell you to call when your luggage is ready to be picked up. We will still see our servers for breakfast on the last morning so it's not like we won't see them again.

We are going on Disney Fantasy Sep 13 for 7 night cruise. I will like to book Remy to celebrate my birthday but I don't want to miss the special nights (Pirate nigth or Special show in Animator's). Which is the best night to book Remy?

Actually, we typically pick Pirate night for our specialty dining. We don't care for the pirate night menu or the pirate antics so that's the perfect night for us. BTW, you might want to read the Remy review I did for FoodieTales. You can find it by clicking on the link in my Sig below.

Actually, we typically pick Pirate night for our specialty dining. We don't care for the pirate night menu or the pirate antics so that's the perfect night for us. BTW, you might want to read the Remy review I did for FoodieTales. You can find it by clicking on the link in my Sig below.

Thanks Jeff for you advice and good reviews for Palo & Remy. I read both.

On the western, our dining rotation was AERAEER. The repeat night is pirate night (Wednesday) and then you're back on Thursday. We did Remy the 3rd night, but wish we'd known to not miss the signature menus. I'd probably go with the prince/princess night, personally. It does depend on if you want to see the shows. First night is the welcome show, 2nd is Aladdin, 3rd is the variety act on board, 4th Wishes, 5th movie, 6th Believe, 7 whatever the goodbye show is called.

With pirate night you miss out on the pirate theming in the MDRs, the in-between meals show on deck (at 7:30 or 7:45) and then it's usually film night in the WDT (ours was Frozen in 3D).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter