Which is the "BEST" Eastern Carribean Itinerary??

WHICH EASTERN CARIBBEAN ITINERARY IS BEST AND WHY?

• TORTOLA, ST.THOMAS, CASTAWAY CAY

• ST. CROIX, ST. THOMAS, CASTAWAY CAY

• ST. MAARTEN

Results are only viewable after voting.

TerryCRZ

Mouseketeer
Which Eastern Caribbean itinerary is best in your opinion and why? Tortola, St. Croix or St. Marteen? We are comtemplating a Disney Cruise soon. Very soon. We need to decide on an itinerary to take advantage of before the March 22nd deadline.

Also, how are the waters in the eastern caribbean? We were fine on the Western a few years ago until we had to cross back to Florida from Castaway Cay on the last night. I heard the waters are rougher on the Eastern Itinerary. If anyone has traveled both ways, can you give me your opinion?

Thanks!!!:daisy:

The cruises to Tortola and St. Croix are relatively new, so I seriously doubt that anyone other than crew has done all 3 of the Easterns. We've done many of the "standard" easterns; I strongly prefer them to westerns. As to water being rougher, I never experienced it. On 2 Westerns, we didn't get to Grand Cayman due to rough seas making tendering impossible. Water temperature--more dependent on season than on route.

You're lucky to be able to choose by where you want to go....we have to choose by the dates we are free to travel.

I believe the first DCL cruise going to Tortola isn't until mid-April, so you'll not get any Disney Cruisers experience on that port until after the first sailing. You may however get some replies from people who've cruised other cruiselines to Tortola.

I don't think you can ask "which is best". It is such a subjective question. What one person likes about one port, another will dislike.

You should ask yourself which one DO YOU WANT TO DO.

I have done the St. Maarten EC many, many times and always enjoy the islands. I have been to Tortola on a different cruise line and would love to go back again. Was one better than the other, no. Each island has its own charm and beauty.

Do some research and see what excursions and sights you may want to do/see on the different islands and see if you can narrow down which itinerary you would like to try.

Good luck with your choice...no matter which one you try it will be the right answer!!!

MJ

We just got back from a cruise including St Croix. It was the only let down for the entire trip (and it was a BIG let down)!!! The island just isn't ready for tourism yet. It is still very run down with very little to see. The ship docks on the other side of the island to the "main" township which relates to a USD$15 per person taxi ride (unless you are really good at haggling). Maybe in a couple of years it will be better as long as the cruise lines don't give up earlier.

We loved going to St Maarten this past Dec.. It was a very pretty area and we found quite a bit to do while there. Would deffinately be willing to do that cruise again. :)

LOVED St. Martin!!! Thought I wasn't going to care for it that much, but loved it so much, we're taking the same cruise next year!! (DCL of course!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter