Which is more kid friendly??

princessap

DIS Veteran
I am debating between renting points at either AKV or BLT....am a little suprised that the the studio rooms at BLT are actually smaller than the rooms at CR though...

I have always wanted to stay at the CR but am thinking my kids would like AKV better.

It is just a two night stay added on at the end of a week in Clearwater and we may or may not be doing one MK day (we have four free tickets to use up!).

Which one is more child friendly? kids are 4, 6 and 8 months old at time of trip...BLT just doesnt look kid friendly but the monorail and walk to MK are attractive...

thanks so much!

We LOVED the BLT, but we stayed in a 1BR, not a studio. It was close, beautiful and we LOVED the monorail access.

We did AKL this summer and BLT last summer with my kids (now 6, 4, 3) and I don't think you can go wrong kid-wise with either of them. I far prefer BLT for its location. The kids love using the monorail to get around so often. Plus, you can walk to MK (it seems like a little bit of a hike after you've already been walking for miles inside the park).

AKL is far away from the parks, except AK. It's a 19 minute bus ride to MK. I'm just not used to that!!! The animals are neat and the resort is beautiful.

BLT's pool isn't crowded (in August!). AKL's pool was always busy when we were there in June. The slide is bigger at BLT. You can see the MK fireworks from a theme park view room or a few public locations with the music piped in. (TV channel in your room) You can also see the Electrical Water Pageant, which certainly isn't a reason to stay there, but it is one additional thing to check out. My kids liked to be able to go to the Contemporary through the walkway and see characters roaming around Chef Mickeys.

We did AKL this summer and BLT last summer with my kids (now 6, 4, 3) and I don't think you can go wrong kid-wise with either of them. I far prefer BLT for its location. The kids love using the monorail to get around so often. Plus, you can walk to MK (it seems like a little bit of a hike after you've already been walking for miles inside the park).

AKL is far away from the parks, except AK. It's a 19 minute bus ride to MK. I'm just not used to that!!! The animals are neat and the resort is beautiful.

BLT's pool isn't crowded (in August!). AKL's pool was always busy when we were there in June. The slide is bigger at BLT. You can see the MK fireworks from a theme park view room or a few public locations with the music piped in. (TV channel in your room) You can also see the Electrical Water Pageant, which certainly isn't a reason to stay there, but it is one additional thing to check out. My kids liked to be able to go to the Contemporary through the walkway and see characters roaming around Chef Mickeys.

thanks....were u in a 1 bedroom? was considering studio but thinking we might be cramped

thanks....were u in a 1 bedroom? was considering studio but thinking we might be cramped

IMO all studios are cramped if you have to use the pull out sofa as a bed. Much more cramped than a regular hotel room would be. We do a studio if it's just the two of us but if we have to use that sofa as a bed, we go 1 bedroom.

With an 8 month old and two other young children, I would want to stay where I could have the easiest access to the Magic Kingdom. When one child needs to leave a park, it's nice to be able to be "home" as soon as possible. The walk/monorail would do it for me!

I love CR and BLT, but NO WAY would I put two adults and three children (even if one is a baby) in a studio. Those rooms felt tiny!

I love CR and BLT, but NO WAY would I put two adults and three children (even if one is a baby) in a studio. Those rooms felt tiny!

I agree. Most of the space in the BLT studio is in the entrance corridor and bathroom. The sleeping area is small. The BLT studio is the smallest of all the studios at WDW except for the value AKV studio at Jambo House.

With five, I wouldn't consider a studio at all.

I'd vote for AKL. The animals are just phenomin and at night there are so many interesting and educational activities going on for all ages. It's not as convenient to most of the parks, but to me AKL has as much entertainment as a park!

If you are going to spend one day at MK, I would do BLT. I love AKV, it's my favorite DVC resort, but there's no beating the convenience of BLT to MK. With 3 young children, it would be fantastic to just walk over.

You can always visit AKL/AKV on the non-park day.

Last month we stayed at BLT in the one bedroom. I loved the hotel and you can't beat the location. The room had two full size bathrooms and a washer and dryer. Even though we did not eat in the room the full size kitchen was great for keeping snacks and drinks and making coffee in the morning.

We also enjoyed having breakfast at the Contempo Cafe in the CR. The kids really loved watching the monorail pass by when they were sitting there.

I love BLT and the monorail resorts. It makes getting everywhere so much easier. Good luck with making a decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter