Which is harder to get 7 months out?

wildernessgirl

DIS Veteran
We are looking to add on points, in everyone's experience which is harder to book 7 months out, Boardwalk or Wilderness Villas? We would probably be booking a 1 bedroom at either resort.

The sense I've gotten from this board is that Wilderness Lodge is the hardest property to get a reservation at, period.

IMHO, it really depends on the dates you want to stay. I will assume you do not have a strong preference for either resort interms of the theming/amenities.

If getting a standard view or a Boardwalk view at the BWV is important to you, you will need the 11 month window pretty much all the time.

December is difficult to reserve at 7 months at both - but BWV has more rooms.

Food & Wine Festival dates at 7 months are more difficult at BWV than VWL.

IMHO, the rest of the time is pretty much equal - you can probably get your 1 bedroom at 7 months at either resort most of the time, especially if you are willing to use the waitlist. BWV will always be a little easier (preferred views), because there are more rooms at the BWV than at the VWL.

My advice is to base your decision on whether or not you need/want a standard view or Boardwalk view when you stay at the BWV. If yes, buy BWV. If that doesn't matter, get VWL.

Best wishes -

At this time of year BWV wins the contest for being harder to book, there is nothing available until late fall! If I had a million points to rent and could find availability at BW, I would make a ton of money! That's pref or standard view, most people aren't that particular now! I had 100 pts to rent, and had tons of people ask to rent BWV from Aug-Nov, but I couldn't help them. I decided to use my points myself for a last minute vacation, so I'm still happy:p

Originally posted by Cruelladeville
If I had a million points to rent and could find availability at BW, I would make a ton of money! That's pref or standard view, most people aren't that particular now!

This approach to DVC and this attitude are disconcerting at best. You're profiteering and members are trying to book rooms.

I know, blah blah blah, it's you're right, etc etc etc. Save the song and dance. Go ahead and make your money, CRUELLA. I'm just venting.

Sorry but I disagree - I just made a reservation this week for next week at BWV.

I wanted OKW (where the rest of the reservation was at) - but MS could only get me BWV.

both are hard to get in early Dec - lots of DVC member like that time - also on the list are Thanksgiving and (as mentioned) the food and wine festavial.

However one of my favorite times is still fairly easy to get - the flower/garden festavial - in April/May (and this year) June.

Hello,

Would I have a hard time getting into OKW at the 7 month window in Late Oct early Nov.? If not would I have a good chance at getting a request filled to be near the main pool, etc??

Thanks,
Peter

Peteyi - you should not have a problem getting OKW in late Oct/Nov at 7 months - despite MNSSHP...

getting near the HH - now that can be a problem at anytime

Hello,

That is good news. I was hoping at staying at my new Home SSR next Nov. 05 for the first time , but my SIS in Law will be trading in and can only pick OKW and BW. So it looks like we will be joining her there, so I have to wait till 7 months out.

What is MNSSHP?

since you are meeting family - I would see what time she gets then make a reservation as soon as you can at your resort, SSR, then change to OKW.

then if the worst happens and you can't get any DVC resorts - at least you will have your home resort reservations.

the only time this could be a problem is during that silly master's golf thing that is in Oct. (although I think it is around the middle of Oct)

BTW, and FWTW, the "silly master's golf thing" is Oct. 20 - 24 this year and is about the same time every year. I didn't have any trouble getting a 1 bdrm at 7 months at VWL! Can hardly wait!!

We were trying to change our early Oct. BWV plans to mid Oct all the way through to mid November. We are open to studio or 1 BR and view is not important (at this point). There is NOTHING available. Nada, zippo, zero.

Can't speak to VWL, but what I will say is repeat that if view is important at BWV - i.e. you really really want a boardwalk view or you want to save points and book standard view, FORGET it if you cannot book inthe 11 month window.

The October/November thing is the Food & Wine Fest. It's just SO nice to be able to amble over to Epcot for a wine tasting class or spend the day there and wander (or stagger) back to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter