Which is faster, Single Rider or Fastpass?

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm heading down to WDW for a solo trip in June and wondering which is faster, the Single Rider line or the Fastpass line?

Thanks!

Not many attractions have single rider lines. Off the top of my head, I know of:
Everest
RnRC
Test Track

I dont think there's a huge difference. It depends on the situation. Single rider lines are usually used to fill up single spots.....so depending on the number of people in all the groups in the regular and FP lines, that single spot could open instantly or not for a while.

In my experience, I haven't waited more than 10 minutes for the single rider line on TT, but I once had to wait 20 minutes for RnRC in the single line.

Depends on the circumstances. Most likely single rider but fast passes aren't about speed, they're about getting a time. The answer is to always get fastpasses and go on single rider in the meantime if you just can't wait.

Sometimes the single rider line is great, other times I've had to wait as long as standby. It really just depends who's working the ride and the amount of odd numbered parties for the coasters and smaller groups for Test Track.

I'm heading down to WDW for a solo trip in June and wondering which is faster, the Single Rider line or the Fastpass line?

The answer to your specific question is SRL.

The fastest that you'd get to return to ride with a FP is about 40-60 minutes.
The SLR would virtually always be faster than that.

Thanks!

It depends. If they have more people in the single rider line, then its slower, if its the fasspass line, then its slower.;)

It depends. If they have more people in the single rider line, then its slower, if its the fasspass line, then its slower.;)

I know that you're mostly kidding, but that statement is not necessarily true, either.

I totally depends on when you go!

I used SRL at EE during Easter week and was through the queue and in a seat in <10 minutes. Was perfect as I was the only person in my party to go on it.

Just check the lines and FP return times and judge for yourself.

We have had bad luck with the SRL at RnRC. It just doesn't seem to be operated as efficiently as EE or TT. So, for RnRC, we just opt for FP anymore.

IMO, SRL is faster for TT for certain due to the 3 wide ride configuration. For the RnC and EE, FPs may be faster. Note that I asked a CM @ RnC which was faster and she told me FP, and I ended up basically walking on while folks were still queued for SLR. YMMV.

-Kevin

While waiting for my fast pass return time on TT, I got in the SRL and walked right on, got right back in the SRL only to wait just as long as the stand by line (30 minutes) Then had to wait 15 minutes in the FP line. All this happened within about an hour. So who knows???

But, if you figure in the FP return time into the wait, the SRL is always going to be faster.

IMO, SRL is faster for TT for certain due to the 3 wide ride configuration. For the RnC and EE, FPs may be faster. Note that I asked a CM @ RnC which was faster and she told me FP, and I ended up basically walking on while folks were still queued for SLR. YMMV.

-Kevin

I agree. With TT a single rider gets used when the main line has a group of 2, 4, or 5. Groups of 2 and 4 are fairly common.

With EE, and RnRC, a single rider gets to ride when the main line has a group has an odd number, typically 3, or 5, which are less common than groups of 2 and 4 in my opinion.

We always ride TT single rider.
EE and RnRC we do FP or standby.

For the RnC and EE, FPs may be faster. Note that I asked a CM @ RnC which was faster and she told me FP, and I ended up basically walking on while folks were still queued for SLR.

I think I understand what you meant to say, but with the way FP's work, you could not have just "walked on."

You left out the amount of time you had to wait for the FP to reach its Return Time.

That time would be anywhere from 40-120 minutes (or more,) depending on the crowd-level.

The answer to your specific question is SRL.

The fastest that you'd get to return to ride with a FP is about 40-60 minutes.
The SLR would virtually always be faster than that.

I was going to write essentially the same thing. With the single rider line, you get in line right when you are at the ride. With FP, you have to go to the ride, get the FP and then come back at some later time (which may be an hour or more later). Actually getting through the line itself may be quicker with the FP (although not always), but that ignores the hour or more wait between getting and later using the FP.

I think I understand what you meant to say, but with the way FP's work, you could not have just "walked on."

You left out the amount of time you had to wait for the FP to reach its Return Time.

That time would be anywhere from 40-120 minutes (or more,) depending on the crowd-level.

Well, I went directly into the queue for the ride pre-show while the SLR line was waiting. Albeit the standby wait time was ~20 minutes @ the time. :confused3 Of course, there was still the secondary queue after the pre-show, so no I didn't exactly walk on, but I waited no more than 10 minutes.

I also don't consider the FP timing because I did other things I wanted to do before riding ToT and RnC since I had my DDs with me and they couldn't ride. I simply returned once my DW arrived to takeover the DDs and rode as I had planned. Now where is that tongue sticking out smilie? :P ;)

-Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter