Which is better Tour Guide Mike or Unofficial Guide?

I used TGM years ago and thought it was wonderful! At that time, it was my husband and I and our 4 kids and it really helped.

Just this past Christmas, we were going to Disney World again. Since it had been years, I immediately signed up with TGM. This time, it would be us and our 2 youngest (the other 2 are grown and out of the house). I had great difficulty using the site, so contacted them via their website form for assistance. Never heard back.

I tried over, and over again. I could not access the boards, could not access most of the useful information I was hoping for. Finally, I gave up. I used the Contact Us form again, and this time from the drop down, selected request refund (should have made me wonder it being there on the drop down). The only responses I've ever received are the automatic ones saying I would hear back from someone. I've requested a refund 3 different times now. Just today, I received an automated email stating, more or less, goodbye for now, your trip should be over, renewal rates, etc. I was not able to use it at all for this trip and am very disappointed.:crazy2:

I used TGM years ago and thought it was wonderful! At that time, it was my husband and I and our 4 kids and it really helped.

Just this past Christmas, we were going to Disney World again. Since it had been years, I immediately signed up with TGM. This time, it would be us and our 2 youngest (the other 2 are grown and out of the house). I had great difficulty using the site, so contacted them via their website form for assistance. Never heard back.

I tried over, and over again. I could not access the boards, could not access most of the useful information I was hoping for. Finally, I gave up. I used the Contact Us form again, and this time from the drop down, selected request refund (should have made me wonder it being there on the drop down). The only responses I've ever received are the automatic ones saying I would hear back from someone. I've requested a refund 3 different times now. Just today, I received an automated email stating, more or less, goodbye for now, your trip should be over, renewal rates, etc. I was not able to use it at all for this trip and am very disappointed.:crazy2:

This is a 5 year old thread, so the information is very outdated - Tour Guide Mike is not what it used to be.

Yea, I was wondering what was up with TGM. We have been loyal uses for every trip since 2005. Wonder what is going on there....

Well, I have used TGM in the past, however, he is no longer taking subscriptions for us normal folks... I am using touring plans this trip because Mike isn't taking new scripts even tho I wasn't new.

I used TGM for our first two trips but have switched to Touring Plans for our upcoming trip. I do miss TGM - there was a lot of very good information that made our trip a lot easier. Hopefully since we have been a couple of times we will have a good plan even with all of the changes/additions.

The last time that I had TGM was a year? ago and I remember him posting something about some health problems and that some other people were going to try to keep up with the site. I guess that things haven't gotten any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter