Which is better POP or AS Music?

bound4wdw

Mouseketeer
Stayed at music back in September and it seemed pretty nice. Booked for the Pop in January and I've seen a few threads that Pop is very noisy everywhere, including in your room. Just wondering if we could get some feedback from some people who may have stayed at both.

I liked Pop! I think it's the best value resort. I wasn't bothered by any noise. The buses were surprisingly great and the good court was good too. The rooms were kind of dark but it didn't bother me too much.

I've stayed at both, and prefer Music. I do think Music is a bit quieter, and the food court at Music is less chaotic.

That said, Pop has a fun atmosphere and it has more teen appeal for my kids. An advantage of staying at Pop is that you can walk over to AoA to check out their food court and take some photos. There are a lot of fun photo opportunities at Pop, too.

Some people will point out that Pop has one bus stop and Music has three. Bus service was a non-issue for us at Music. Sometimes we had a dedicated bus, and sometimes we didn't.

I've stayed at both. We really enjoyed the family suite at ASM but overall we prefer the theme of POP and also that POP has their own buses and don't share with the All Star Resorts.

Pop Century is no more or less noisy than the All Stars. If you get a room that is not facing a pool it should be quiet enough, except for being able to hear the turbo toilets.

I would choose Pop Century just because it is more centrally located and does not share buses. This is not that big a deal to the parks. If you are headed to Downtown Disney at all, it might be a big deal.

I've stayed at both but I love Pop. It's newer and therefore laid out better in my opinion. You can't beat the dedicated bus and one central bus stop IMO, so much quicker. I've never had an issue with noise but we are night owls too. You can hear the toilets but we could at the beach club too.

We have stayed at all the all stars and Pop. I don't think is is necessarily noisier but I do think it is larger and more spread out (which we didn't like). We would stay at any value again. Personally, I find them all about the same. Have a fun trip.

Have only been to Pop (this past June) and loved it. Only took their bus once I think (had my car and prefer to drive). Food court was great and we did eat at AoA's and loved it too. My kids still talk about doing the hustle every evening @ 6 at Pop. Good times!

I don't think is is necessarily noisier but I do think it is larger and more spread out (which we didn't like).... Personally, I find them all about the same.

This. Loved Pop until we were put in a room on the back side of 70's near the lake. It was a 10-minute+ walk EVERYWHERE (to the car, to the food court, to any pool, to the buses). Didn't seem like a big deal at first, but when we wanted our a.m. coffee or a soda refill after a long day in the parks, it became a pain. Seems like the All-Stars are so much smaller with your choice of 3 main halls and bus stops. That trumps the single bus-stop argument, in my opinion. We always found the buses at Pop too crowded anyway. And, as twinboysmom said, the rooms are pretty much all the same.

Dixiemom said:
Have only been to Pop (this past June) and loved it. Only took their bus once I think (had my car and prefer to drive). Food court was great and we did eat at AoA's and loved it too. My kids still talk about doing the hustle every evening @ 6 at Pop. Good times!

The hustle???

I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it the music is booked out for the dates we want so it looks like our hands are tied and we will be at the POP when we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter