Which is better? BOG or Raglan Road?

fruitsnack

Earning My Ears
Looking for opinions on if I should keep trying to find a BOG dinner reservation or stick with my Raglan Road reservation for the last night of our honeymoon trip. If you've been to both, which do you prefer?

In case anyone is curious, the other TS we have booked are:

Le Cellier
Via Napoli
Coral Reef
Teppen Edo
Kona

I also prefer Raglan Road both in terms of food, service, and atmosphere. BOG is a great experience, but I liked lunch better than dinner.

Now this is a very hard choice for me. We LOVE Raglan Road. The food is always excellent and its a fun atmosphere and the service is great. We go to wdw every six months and almost every trip we eat at Raglan and if not we miss it.

However, we loved our dinner at BOG in May and are looking forward to eating there again in November. Food was great and service and atmosphere were both excellent.

So if you want a great meal in MK and can get BoG go for it. If you want an excellent meal at DTD then Raglan is a great choice.

Raglan Road, no question! Dinner at BOG was a big disappointment. Go there for a quick service lunch instead. The food is better and much cheaper.

We tried both for the first time in March but there is no comparison for food and atmosphere...BOG was by far our best meal experience of the week. We had a party of 12 and all agreed. I would give up any other reservation just to go to BOG again.

I like Raglan Road's food better. And they have a bigger selection of beer for sure.

As for the rest, it depends on what you want. Party and fun atmosphere? Raglan Road. Themed and romantic type atmosphere? BoG.

Raglan Road. Go to the CS at BOG and you will have essentially the same experience with better food for less $$.

Raglan Road!! Love the food there.

BOG was a huge disappointment for us. Based on the positive reviews I've read...I'm not sure if we hit it on an off night or what....but I ordered the shrimp and scallops...it was inedible....WAY too salty...and this from a woman who LOVES salt....I couldn't eat it....it was so salty it had to be by mistake....my husband's pork chop was very dry--although more edible than my food, he didn't enjoy it.

The food we had at BOG that night was not worth the $$....but again...I've also read rave reviews on these same dishes....:confused3

The dining room was neat to experience....although incredibly cramped....even if the food was great...I'd still pick RR over BOG.

Hope this helps! :)

Well I can't really offer an opinion yet but we leave tomorrow and have ADR's at both! :cool1:

I much prefer the food at Raglan Road. I thought dinner at BOG was ok, nothing great.

BOG was a huge disappointment for us. Based on the positive reviews I've read...I'm not sure if we hit it on an off night or what....but I ordered the shrimp and scallops...it was inedible....

Just out of curiosity......if something is inedible couldn't you simply voice your displeasure and ask for something else......or is that taboo at WDW??????

I also prefer Raglan Road both in terms of food, service, and atmosphere. BOG is a great experience, but I liked lunch better than dinner.

Agreed! BOG menu was delicious @ lunch (ate there last Sunday). Dinner not so great - REALLY hoping they revise the dinner menu soon.

In May our family ate @ RR for dinner. We really enjoyed the food, atmosphere & entertainment!

i'd go against the trend and say BOG. RR for us was a disappointment we couldn't see the dancing, the food took ages to arrive and there was just too much of it.
loved the theming of BOG and food was fab especially the French onion soup

Just out of curiosity......if something is inedible couldn't you simply voice your displeasure and ask for something else......or is that taboo at WDW??????

If I had been super hungry I probably would have said something....but we had the assorted meats appetizer prior so I wasn't all that hungry when my entree came...so considering the volume of diners I chose not to trouble our waitress or the kitchen...I just didn't eat it. :confused3

Like I said I have read a ton of positive reviews about BOG so I think it very well could have been an oversight in the kitchen.

Raglan Road. We ate at both last December and while it was kinda fun to get into the castle the food was meh and the service was sub-par. RR, in contrast, was one of our best meals for both food and service. Consider hitting BOG for lunch and keep the RR for dinner.

I haven't been to BOG but just looking at the menu selections I would pick Raglan Road.

It wasn't even a thought to try for a reservation to BOG for our December trip. The menu doesn't look like something we would go crazy for and I'll just try the lunch.

BOG was a major disappointment. I posted a review to this effect in December, when we went twice thinking that one must've been an off night. It wasn't. Food was just okay, service was lousy. Very rushed, very noisy, very unpleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter