• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is better a MK @ Poly or MK view @ CR?

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
It will be at the 1st of December :santa:, DH, myself and our DS who will be 4. I was set on CR, just because I thought it would have a better MK view, I have always wanted to stay at CR, but on our last visit we ate at Poly and I fell in love. It is all about the Christmas decor and the fireworks from our room, thanks! pixiedust:

It will be at the 1st of December :santa:, DH, myself and our DS who will be 4. I was set on CR, just because I thought it would have a better MK view, I have always wanted to stay at CR, but on our last visit we ate at Poly and I fell in love. It is all about the Christmas decor and the fireworks from our room, thanks! pixiedust:

I have not stayed at either, but I think that the MK view at CR is hands down better than the MK view at the Poly. At CR you can see the whole park, it's amazing!!! At the Poly you can see the top half of the castle....from a distance.

If I was choosing a MK view, I'd chose CR every time.

I don't think the Christmas decor is that great at either resort, but probably worse at CR than at Poly. You will get a great view of the fireworks from the Poly probably better than CR. If you want a view of Mk than of course CR would be better. I love the GF at Christmas time. I would pick GF at Christmas over the other two.

We thought the MK view from CR was ALOT better. The Poly MK view was really hard to see from the room we got...too many trees blocking our view. The Poly is a beautiful resort, we have stayed there 3 times and ADORE the view of the fireworks from the beach. We are staying at BLT this August and have a MK view so I will be excited to see if I can watch the fireworks from the jacuzzi tub :yay:

You do get a much better daytime view of the MK from the CR MKV rooms, but I much prefer fireworks from a Poly TPV room. At CR the fireworks are very off-centered and looked weird to me. At the Poly they are centered over the castle, much like viewing from Main Street only further away.

Neither resort is that great for Christmas decor, but I give a slight edge to the Poly because it was neat to experience a tropical Christmas.

I found a picture from a 1989 trip to WDW when I stayed at CR. I think we were on the 9th floor facing MK and the pic is full view of the park.

Polynesian.

While you may be able to see more of the actual park from the CR, you will also be overlooking all of the parking lot.

Also you will be to the side of the castle and therefore the fireworks will be off to the side.

The Polynesian on the other hand has the best location on property to be aligned straight on with the MK and the castle. While you will not see the actual parts of the MK as you do at the CR. the view of the fireworks straight on over the castle with the beautiful beach between you and them simply can not be beat.

for your situation, I'd pick CR. Your 4yo will love the monorail going through the lobby, and Chef Mickey's right downstairs. It's a much more exciting atmosphere for a kid. Also, I could watch the astro orbiter spin around all night from the CR. It's such a cool, fun view! And the water play area is really, really great for a 4yo (if the weather is warm enough for you).

The Poly is a beautiful view, but be aware that a few of the buildings don't have actual balconies, just a sliding door w/ a railing. I honestly can't remember which of the buildings are like that (whether they face MK or not). I'd be very upset if I paid for an MK view in a deluxe, and didn't have a balcony.

Good luck deciding :)

CR, hands down.

The fireworks from Poly were far enough away to be very underwhelming for us. It didn't matter that they were more centered. At CR, they are bigger and more impressive looking. The castle actually looks like a castle and not a tiny little thing in the distance. We loved seeing it before bed. We also like that the view from CR is very standardized...we knew exactly what we were getting in a tower room.

With little ones, walking from CR to MK is a huge plus. It's also nice to be able to run to get drinks or food downstairs, especially if it is raining. Much quicker and drier trip than you'd have at Poly.

As Sammie mentioned, the MK view at the CR includes a lot of the parking lot, but from the Poly it is a beautiful view. However, as bellebud mentioned, not all MK view rooms at the Poly have balconies.

Our request wasn't granted at the Poly, and we ended up without one. It was a bummer to pay so much for a great view and not have a balcony to enjoy.

There are many rooms in Bay Lake Tower that have a lake view and a partial view of the MK. We could see the lake, Space Mountain, and the castle. It was great! I'm not sure if there are any rooms with views like that at CR.

One thing to consider is the difference in price between the 2 hotels. The rack rate at the Poly MK view is about $65 more than a tower room MK view at the CR. That alone is reason enough to pick the CR.
Also, as a previous poster mentioned, you really need a pair of binoculars to see the castle well from the Poly. Not so at the CR.

for your situation, I'd pick CR. Your 4yo will love the monorail going through the lobby, and Chef Mickey's right downstairs. It's a much more exciting atmosphere for a kid. Also, I could watch the astro orbiter spin around all night from the CR. It's such a cool, fun view! And the water play area is really, really great for a 4yo (if the weather is warm enough for you).

The Poly is a beautiful view, but be aware that a few of the buildings don't have actual balconies, just a sliding door w/ a railing. I honestly can't remember which of the buildings are like that (whether they face MK or not). I'd be very upset if I paid for an MK view in a deluxe, and didn't have a balcony.

Good luck deciding :)

The no balcony only applies to the second floor of some of the buildings. 3rd floors all have balconies.

The no balcony only applies to the second floor of some of the buildings. 3rd floors all have balconies.
Problem is at the Poly you need to request the 3rd floor, and there is no guarantee you will get it. At the CR Tower all rooms facing the Magic Kingdom have a balcony.

Thanks for all the great posts on both resorts, some really good info was shared, I appreciate it

Polynesian.

While you may be able to see more of the actual park from the CR, you will also be overlooking all of the parking lot.

Also you will be to the side of the castle and therefore the fireworks will be off to the side.

The Polynesian on the other hand has the best location on property to be aligned straight on with the MK and the castle. While you will not see the actual parts of the MK as you do at the CR. the view of the fireworks straight on over the castle with the beautiful beach between you and them simply can not be beat.

I agree with what you are saying about the Poly lagoon view room, but I still would prefer the Contemporary view. Especially if you are on a high floor and smack dab in the middle of the building.

Yes, you can see the parking lot and buses and rooftops, but the upside to that is each morning you get to see the MK come to life! :wizard:

I have videos of my kids on the Astro Orbiter ride taken from our room. :laughing:

I have not stayed at either, but I think that the MK view at CR is hands down better than the MK view at the Poly. At CR you can see the whole park, it's amazing!!! At the Poly you can see the top half of the castle....from a distance.

If I was choosing a MK view, I'd chose CR every time.

This!

Of the monorail resort the best view of the MK is CR Tower. The best Christmas decorations would go to the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter