Which is best? One day at Universal or IOA

twins4disney

DIS Veteran
I know there are plenty of things to do at both. Here is my group: 45-55ish women who are spending time in Orlando for a bachelorette weekend. Some are big Potter fans others are just going with the flow. Which park do I steer them too?

I know there are plenty of things to do at both. Here is my group: 45-55ish women who are spending time in Orlando for a bachelorette weekend. Some are big Potter fans others are just going with the flow. Which park do I steer them too?

If I had to choose between the two park, I'd say Universal Studios. I prefer the Escape from Gringotts (which is in Universal) over Forbidden (in Islands): its just a better ride and motion sickness is not an issue. Both have several "kiddie rides" but I think the kiddie rides at Universal are more adult friendly. I would rather see the Shrek and minion shows then ride cat and the hat rides, personally. They are both great parks, but I think Universal is probably better for adults only.

If forced to choose (and I would be really sad if I had to) I would also choose Universal Studios.
However, my interests might be different from yours. Why don't you take a look at the maps and the attractions in each park before you decide.

Thanks, I passed on your replies, looks like it's Universal. I don't think anyone in the group really has an agenda, besides seeing some of the Harry Potter things.

hi, maybe if you have time you could take the train over to WWHP
cal:)

I would choose Universal hands down. IOA has excellent theming, but not as many things I want to do.

hi, maybe if you have time you could take the train over to WWHP
cal:)

They would need to purchase park to park tickets for this, and it sounds like OP is only looking to buy one park/one day tickets.

I agree with the suggestions of Universal Studios. We're two adults in our early 30s and spent much more time at US than IOA. IOA only took us about a half a day, and we skipped almost all of Seussland since it's geared more towards kids. We also enjoyed Diagon Alley more than Hogsmeade, even though Hogsmeade has more rides.

Have a look at universalorlando.com and pick out the things you all as a group would enjoy at one park more than the other :thumbsup2

I'm within your age group and if I only had time to do one park I would do Universal over IOA. While I enjoy IOA, there's definitely more that I enjoy at Universal.

I also much prefer Universal Studios. I preferred IoA during my roller coaster fanatic phase, but now I don't really even like IoA much except for the water attractions. Since there are Potter fans in the group, I would also say Diagon Alley is an absolute must-see. Hogsmeade is very underwhelming by comparison, although I do like Forbidden Journey more than Gringotts (I've only ridden Gringotts once, though, and I hear it gets better after riding it a few times). I agree that Studios is more adult friendly for the most part. Seussland makes up a huge portion of IoA, and it is a downright snooze if you're above a certain age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter