Which (if any) resort has a rental car location?

princesspumpkin

DIS Veteran
I thought that I read that one of the resorts has a rental location on the property. Do people rent at the airport, then drop off at the property upon arrival. Do people initiate rentals from there? Thanks

I know the Dolphin does. I'm not sure about any others.

Karen

Just inside the gates of the Magic Kingdom area, there is a car rental place, that has National/Alamo. If you arrange to rent a car thru them, they will send a van to pick you up at your resort, and bring you to the rental office there. We did this two years ago, and it worked like clockwork :)

The Dolphin does! :D We usually just drop the car off here & head straight to a park or Downtown Disney - from there you can get back to your resort as needed. We usually visit a park on the last day & just hop the Dolphin bus from whichever park we're at. Worked really well in September - will be doing this again next week! :D

I've rented a car from the airport one time - never again. I got us lost!

I always rent from Disney's Car Care Center (by MK) from National or Alamo. They will pick you up from your resort and when you turn the car in, they will take you back to your resort. There is a gas station next door, too. When you call to check rates, specify the Car Care Center (rates are different).

Okay, maybe I'm in a daze today (must be all the fog we have here in CT) but I'm unclear how this works. I just rented a minivan online through Dollar at Orlando Intl Airport (using a Mousesavers code) but if there is a better way to do it I'm all for it. If you rent at the Disney Car Care Center, how do you get there from the airport? Last time we rented from some Hertz (which was not directly at the airport) and it was a fiasco. This time I thought at least Dollar is located directly at the airport but I'm still a little gun shy. Could someone walk me through this?
Thanks!!! :D

I'll tell you what *I* do. We splurge and have a towncar take us from the airport to our resort. Because we never go to a park on the day we arrive, and depending on what time we get in, I either get my rental from the Car Care Center that evening, or go bright and early the next morning. Yep, it's more money spent to have the limo, but believe me..........my daughter did not like getting lost that first year!

3Mouseketeers - Well, here is what we did in September - it worked well enough that we're doing it again next week & it was much cheaper for us than using a towncar service from the airport.

Using National Car Rental - you can sign up for the Quickrent feature when booking on-line. The vehicles are all located directly across from the baggage claim area at MCO - you can just walk directly there, it is right on-site. If you use Quickrent you can just pick out a vehicle in the section for the type of car you reserved (example: we reserved compact, so we go & pick out a cavalier in the compact section - it is clearly marked for you.) Then you just drive to the booth at the exit & hand them your ressie, drivers' license & the credit card you booked with. Now you're on your way to Disney! It is really fast & simple, no counters to deal with or anything.

Next, we drive straight to our Disney Resort & check-in. After unloading the luggage & resting for a bit, we drive over to the Dolphin (there is a gas station right near there) & return the car to the National Car center there. From there we usually just hop a bus to a park, but you could also hop a bus to Downtown Disney for some shopping/eating.

Then, on our departure day, we head to a park for half the day, then hop a bus to the Dolphin. Go to the National Car counter & p/u the keys to our vehicle - the valet will then bring the car around for you. We go back to our resort, load up the luggage & drive to the airport. Drop-off at the airport was pretty easy, too. Just follow the signs for National & pull-in, they will do a quick look-over of the car & then you're on your way.

For our trip next week, one way is $25, the other way is $30. Way cheaper than the towncar, and more convenient in my opinion - we can do everything on our own schedule.

Hope this helps you out & doesn't confuse you further! :D

Oh!!! You're just using the rental car to get you back and forth from the airport. We're planning to keep our car for the 5 days we're there. We have 3 kids (under 6) staying at AKL so we thought we'd need the car to get us around to the parks. I haven't read the best stuff about the bus transportation at AKL. But, I will definitely follow up on your advice about Quikrent - that sounds great! Thanks for all the info. :D

We stayed at the CBR and rented a car from enterpise for a day to visit the ocean. Enterprise office is stationed at the marriot I believe? about 3.5 miles from our resort. Anyways, they have a courtesy shuttle to pick us up and drop us off to get our car. They were prompt and polite and it worked out well. We will use this again when we return.

Some of the resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd, right down from DTD, have car rental counters in their lobbies. I know that the Wyndham Palace, Hilton and Holiday Inn all do. Holiday Inn's is Dollar Rent a Car.

After reading the MANY responses, I hope that I can help to. I agree with the previous posting by arizonacolbs that suggests you go through their "frequent renter" program.

Look.....when my family went to WDW back in August 2004, we got to the car rental place (at the airport) and it was PACKED. There was a 2 hour wait just to get to the front of the line. I realized that this was going to be bad...very bad. So I went across the way to the parking garage and went to the counter there. Luckily, I had joined Alamo's version of a frequent renter (quicksilver?) and was able to use their counter with no wait. I did just that and picked out the LAST MINIVAN they had. There was at least 20 other people in line at the airport that had minivans reserved....I got lucky.

As the other folks pointed out, National has about 3 rental loactions: 1 at the Dolphin (close to Epcot); 1 by the TTC (but not close enough to walk to) and 1 more that I am not sure of. Anyway the point is, it doesn't matter where they are since they willpick you up and drop you off, the down side is you may have a bit of a wait for them to pick you up. You can also try using one of the buses by taking one from the Dolpin to Downtown Disney and then catch another bus back to your room....or any other combination that sounds right.

Hope that helps a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter