• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Hotels in Galveston have shuttles to the Cruise?

I looked into this and could not find any hotels that offered shuttles from the airport to Galveston. As for cost, Hobby airport is a much cheaper taxi/town car ride ($80/$90 one way vs $140/150 one way from IAH). The cheapest options I found if you have 3 or less people and don't want to rent a car is to (1) use the Disney transfers ($30 pp each way) and stay at the Disney assigned hotel (the issue here is the hotel is fairly pricey on the night we wanted $200 plus) or 2) take a taxi/town car one way to a cheaper Galveston Hotel and then Disney Transfer back.

I just got off phone with clerk from where we are staying pre-cruise--Harbor House--she said that we can park for free at their sister hotel--Hotel Galvez--for FREE with a FREE shuttle to the port. We will have to pay $10 for the night that we are staying in the hotel (got a $109 night rate for 4 people off hotel.com). Has anyone done this? Hope it works! We are renting our car at IAH...how confusing all this has been.

I am happy to report that leaving our car at Holiday Inn on the Beach went well. The shuttle was great to cruise and back to hotel. Our shuttle time was way before our assigned port arrival but it didn't matter. Happy sailing!!!

An alternative to consider for those flying into IAH than renting from Enterprise is to book with AVIS for a one-way rental to Texas City where they will drop you off in Galveston for a $50 fee. We stayed at the Hotel Tremont (a Wyndham Resort) near the port that offers a free shuttle to the port.

The was no additional charge for the one-way rental and the hotel was very nice. The hotel is located two blocks from the port.

I am happy to report that leaving our car at Holiday Inn on the Beach went well. The shuttle was great to cruise and back to hotel. Our shuttle time was way before our assigned port arrival but it didn't matter. Happy sailing!!!

I am so happy to hear your report! This is where we are leaning toward staying April 11 for or 4/12 cruise. So they were punctual to pick you up from the port and back to hotel?

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites w/free parking and shuttle. Everything went great, and the hotel was fine. When we got back, they came to get us in a minivan instead of the hotel bus b/c they didn't start shuttle runs for another hour.

We have booked with Baymont Inn & Suites, there is no free transportation, but with only a $67 a night free & free parking I will pay the can fare!
I searched for days & very few had both free shuttle & free parking during the cruise. And if they did, it was around $180 a night & an extra fee for parking!
The reviews were good & all I was doing is sleeping, so nothing fancy needed for me!
Anyone stayed at the Baymont before?

We are considering Baymont Inn too. Has anyone stayed there and is it safe to leave the car for a week? How much was the cab fare?

We are staying at the San Luis hotel. They shuttle you to and from the cruise terminal and you can leave your car parked there as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter