which hotel

bkline

Mouseketeer
Currently, I'm booked at Portofino. We are planning on arriving Friday and leaving Monday with 2 full days at Universal. We plan on attending the luau Saturday night. Royal has an entertainment rate about 30 dollars a night cheaper than the rate I'm currently booked at Portofino. Any insight into which hotel is better and why?

We stay at the RPR and had a fantastic time. The theming is much better executed than at the PBH. I find Portofino kinda "plastic and cheap" looking. Plus, it seemed deserted while the RPR was quite busy. The Royal Pacific has excellent rooms, service, pool, everything.

You can't lose no matter which hotel you stay at. We have stayed at RPR and loved it. As you can see from my clock we are staying at Portofino next. Both are great resorts, but the atmosphere and theming are very different.

I'd stick with PBH. It is more secluded, meaning you may not have any next-door neighbors. That can be a good thing (no hearing them in the shower & vice-versa).

I'd swear water taxiis run more efficiently for PBH guests too. Don't forget the shuttle bus to left of USF exit, straight to PBH.

Have a great week-end!

Since you are already booked at Portofino, dont mess with a great thing! I would stay there this time and give RPR a try next time.:) I agree the boats do run smoothly at Portofino...they have 2! Its a beautiful resort with large rooms...enjoy! You can always explore or have a meal at RPR if ya like.

Thanks for all the insight. I'm sure all the hotels have their own special qualities. I do like what Portofino has to offer. I'm sure we will enjoy Portofino and our first trip to Universal after 3 Disney trips.

Just wanted to jump in and give a big thumbs up to your choice. PBH is classy and so romantic and it's just breath taking when you pull up the drive and the valets open your car doors and welcome you inside. Check in has always been fast and friendly there. Have a wonderful stay!

yeah!!!! Yeah!!!! yeah!!!!!! These posts are making me so happy. I cannot wait to stay there. I will definitely post a review when I come back. I also want to eat at Mama Della's and have a marshmallow milkshake!!!!!! So many things to do, and not enough time.....;)

So many things to do, and not enough time.....

I say that all the time! Great reason to keep returning;) I just saw your trip is right around the corner Spidey, wish it was me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter