Which hotel would you stay in?

Disney Fans

Disney Fans
We are planning a trip for next summer. Out of all of the hotels, Disney hotels or the hotels right near by. Which one would you suggest that we stay in since we have never stayed at any of them??

Thanks for your help!!:goodvibes

The Grand Californian. However the pool at the Disneyland hotel is fantastic. Their is direct access to DCA from the Grand Californian. Have never been in or stayed at the Paradise Pier.

I have stayed at the Disneyand Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. The Disneyland Hotel has a great pool and the rooms have a lot of Disney magic; meaning there are little Disney touches everywhere you look. The Paradise Pier Hotel has more of a beach theme to it, however, you still see plenty of little Disney touches. I personally prefer Paradise Pier Hotel since I love the beachy California mood and like the fact that it less expensive, yet still on the property.

If money is no object, then I'd go for the GC. It's a beautiful hotel with a location that can't be beat.

If money is somewhat a consideration, I would go with DH. I love that hotel, have been going there since a child. It's definitely the most Disney of all the hotels. Great garden area, great pool, cool to go to Goofy's kitchen and monorail close.

I've never stayed at PP, it would be my third choice. If cost was big concern, I'd go there, or perhaps a good neighbor hotel, like Howard Johnson's.

Have fun.

Grand Californian if you have room in your budget. Candy Cane Inn if you don't. Haven't stayed at Howard Johnson yet, but many here love it too.

Of the Disney hotels, I recommend the Grand Californian. It is absolutely gorgeous! It is also nice because it has its own entrance to DCA and is only a fairly short distance from DL's gates. It is fairly expensive though. The Paradise Pier Hotel is nice and if you can get a park view o a high floor (which I highly recommend), you can see all of DCA. It is very pretty at night with all of the lights! I haven't stayed at the Disneyland Hotel since I was five (13 years ago) so I can't say much about that.

I have found that, besides the Grand Californian, there are non-Disney hotels that are much closer to the parks. My mom, some friends of ours, and I recently stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and really enjoyed it. It was close and very comfortable! So, my first choice would be staying at a Disney hotel, because there is a certain, special feel when you stay there. But, the Candy Cane Inn is also excellent.

GC is the closest of the DLR hotels, and most prefer it. Of the good neighbour hotels you can get a suite for less than the cost of any of the DLR hotels and the ones straight across the road are closer to DL main entrance than DLH and PPH. I would suggest BWPPI, Tropicanna or Carousel Inn, they are the closest and have good reviews here. If price is a consideration then these hotels also have standard rooms for round the $100 per night. If you don't mind a short walk then HoJo's is just over half a mile walk and has an ent rate of $69. Candy Cane is a little over-priced for its location but a pretty hotel all the same its also just over half a mile away but has no suites and the rooms are a little small.

GCH hands down if money were not an issue. We love the pool and the proximity to the parks as well as its decor. PPH and DLH would be our 2nd and3rd choice if choosing amongst the 3 DLR properties. There are lots of nice hotels/motels across the street on Harbor Blvd for a fraction of the cost of staying onsite. We like hojo's and tropicana and there have been many favorable reviews for candy cane inn as well.

If you can swing it financially, Grand Californian all the way! Just can't beat the location and like previous posters have stated, it's a gorgeous hotel!

From your siggy, it appears your a WDW vet, One thing you will find at DL is it is not near as important to stay on property. I have only been to WDW once, but from that experience I quickly learned you don't go to WDW and not stay on property.

However I have been going to DL for 42 years now, and I have never once stayed on property, I always think it would be fun, but I can never justify the extra cost vs any extra benifits.

Yes the Disney Hotels at DL are nice, and if you have the cash go for it, but if your on a budget, stay accross the street and use that extra money for other things, or more days.

my 2 cents

GC :thumbsup2 DLH is great if you have little ones. When my boys were younger they loved the DLH. They are 10 and 13 and only want to stay at the GC know. They say it Rocks and I agree:)

I must add that any of the 3 are worth staying at so if you can swing one of them than do it. The PP is less that DLH and they are both less than GC.

Check out Expedia.com to find better priceing than call the hotels to see if they can match or are less.

Have a great time. We just got back and are ging again for 4 days over New years than again for 3 days in June than 7 days in July before our cruise...all at the GC, using our DVC pts....yay for DVC pts:thumbsup2

GC is the closest of the DLR hotels, and most prefer it. Of the good neighbour hotels you can get a suite for less than the cost of any of the DLR hotels and the ones straight across the road are closer to DL main entrance than DLH and PPH. I would suggest BWPPI, Tropicanna or Carousel Inn, they are the closest and have good reviews here. If price is a consideration then these hotels also have standard rooms for round the $100 per night. If you don't mind a short walk then HoJo's is just over half a mile walk and has an ent rate of $69. Candy Cane is a little over-priced for its location but a pretty hotel all the same its also just over half a mile away but has no suites and the rooms are a little small.

:confused3 current rates for '08 late June are closer to $120+ & up for the offsite mentioned above & HOJOs premium $139+...wah.;)

We've stayed at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. For the money, we preferred Paradise Pier. I can't figure out why it gets such a bad rap.

:confused3 current rates for '08 late June are closer to $120+ & up for the offsite mentioned above & HOJOs premium $139+...wah.;)

Was that from the Hotel direct or via "OL wholesalers"? Last July we got the Carousel for $69!!! Had to ring them to negotiate and get that rate but well worth the call. None of the Hotels will advertise cheap rates for fear of being snubbed by the wholesalers, but talk the talk and you will amazed what they can do.

Was that from the Hotel direct or via "OL wholesalers"? Last July we got the Carousel for $69!!! Had to ring them to negotiate and get that rate but well worth the call. None of the Hotels will advertise cheap rates for fear of being snubbed by the wholesalers, but talk the talk and you will amazed what they can do.
lol - i'm uncomfortable "haggling" with a hotel clerk, do seek out "special" rates...have tried

direct thru hotel(s),

AAA

wholesale sites

Disney pkgs too

:) I am spoiled, just been once and stayed at GC now I am going back after 9 months and doing the same except I am buying annual passes that way the room is alot lesss and wnother excuse for me to go back. I am a wdw vet but DL has captured my heart :)

We are planning a trip for next summer. Out of all of the hotels, Disney hotels or the hotels right near by. Which one would you suggest that we stay in since we have never stayed at any of them??

Thanks for your help!!:goodvibes

Let me just tell you what you can expect.
Your Grand Californian has an entrance to DCA and to DTD. It's amenities are about the same as the deluxes at WDW and it has prices to match.

The other two Disney hotels are a step below the deluxes at WDW but quite a bit above the Mods. They have prices to match that as well. They are towers though and not spread out like some of the WDW resorts. They are much more of a Disney theme than the deluxes or the mods. But they are not as much as the Values.

If you are used to values, then you will probably want to get one of the across the street hotels on Harbor. These are actually closer to the parks than are the DLH and the PP.

Carousel, Tropicana, Best Western Park Place Inn, Park Vue Inn, Del Sol Inn, Best Western Anaheim Inn, Desert, Inn and Suites, are all in easy walking distance.

current rates for '08 late June are closer to $120+ & up for the offsite mentioned above & HOJOs premium $139+...wah

Of course. Because there is no reason to discount the rates yet and most have not made their expedia dumps yet either. Those come later. In July, we got the Del Sol on an expedia dump for less than $100 a night and got two different discounts on top of that. So after the discounts, it was like $70 a night.
We've stayed at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. For the money, we preferred Paradise Pier. I can't figure out why it gets such a bad rap.
It's the further away part that people don't like. DLH is away also but the monorail is on that side of DTD and fairly close. PP just doesn't have that convenience factor that the other two do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter