Which hotel for honeymoon?

SnoWhite

<font color=blue>If you spot a man in plaid pants,
My FI and I are getting married next April and will be honeymooning in WDW from April 27th through May 5th. We are trying to decide where to stay. We really don't like the Poly, so we were thinking either the Boardwalk Inn or the Yacht Club. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know! Also, what kind of plan are you using? We originally thought we'd do the silver plan but now we are thinking of buying Annual Passes so we'd just do room only reservations.

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

We stayed in the Wilderness lodge for our Honeymoon and absolutely love it. We were on the concierge floor but didn't really use the concierge since I planned everything ahead of time like a mad woman. I would look at the fact sheets and pictues at www.wdwig.com. That's how I figured out where we wanted to stay.

Note: I believe that the wilderness lodge is one of the most (if not The Most) reasonably priced deluxe resort.

we stayed at WL for our honeymoon in May too:) beuatiful view and room but we were badly disappointed by the transport from there. Buses took soooooo long to get anywhere and we had sometimes to wait forever for them:( Having said that we still loved it, especially taking the boats out....sigh......

We didn't have any probably what-so-ever with the transportation from WL. It seems that people post things about good and bad transportation for all the different resorts at some point. I wonder if it really has to do with how busy the place is. Though, you'd think that when they are more busy they would add more buses. I think that it's really a flip of the coin with any place.

I know that i am going to be a bit biased.... But I would never stay in a hotel again in the Disney area, when there are so many beautiful villas in the area to stop in.

At least with your own villa, you will have your own pool, Jacuzzi, and the privacy of a whole house. All this for less money than it would cost to stay in a hotel.

Check out the numerous sites on the internet for villas.

You will not be sorry !!

Best of luck with the wedding plans!

Del x

I love the WL but we decided to save some $$ so we are staying at ASSports for our Honeymoon. With the $$ we saved, we are also doing a week in London. When we booked the reservation for ASSports, we told them it was our Honeymoon. Does this mean we something special?

We just came back from our honeymoon last month. I highly recommend the Wilderness Lodge. It has that romantic atmosphere. The staff was also extremely nice. We had a view of the pool, the lake and the fireworks at night. Could not have been better! :smooth:

We loved the WL. But the Yacht Club has a wonderful location, pool and rooms. So i would lean that way.

I am new to the formums, but am happy to help anyone. I am also interested in the Yacht Club, so that would probably be my vote. It just seems more romantic than some of the other resorts, and not too stuffy. Plus the location is nice too, not to mention their pool!

We stayed at the WL for our honeymoon, we loved it!! I just loved the atmosphere and decor of the hotel...........the lobby is what tops it off for me.

A big factor in the hotel for me is my favorite park..Magic Kingdom. I just like staying close to and knowing I could be there in 5 minutes if I get on the boat!!!

Hope this helps
:teeth:

Most Definately do the Yatch Club!!! Also go for the Annual Passes with room only ressies. Now let me state why and see if I can convince you.
First location, with staying at the Yatch Club you can walk to Epcot in less than 2 min and during the time of your stay the Flower and Garden Festival will be going on at Epcot and is a must see.
You can also walk to MGM studios by the path way which literally takes minutes and is a beautiful walk. You are going to be there at one of my most favorite times of the year so the area there is decorated beautifully.
Boardwalk is just across the way with some GREAT restraunts as well as the Yacht Club having a great restraunt as well, The Yachtman Steakhouse"
The pool at the Yatch Club is the best pool on Disney Property. It's like a little water park.
Night life for you and your new hubby is also a plus at the Yacht Club due to the fact that the night life over at the board walk is going on.
If you get a water view room you will be able to view the Illuminations fireworks right from your balcony everynight.
Just go over to the little convience store on the boardwalk and buy a bottle of wine sit on your balcony and sip on your wine while watching it every night. How magical is that.
Why an annual pass?
Well at the time of the year you are going there are always great discounts for annual passholders. You could get a waterview room for as low as 220.00. This annual pass also allows you to go and come when ever and where ever you please. Plus if you decided to go back within the year to enjoy the Halloween party or the Xmas events you can do so without having to worry about purchasing park tickets. You would also have the discounts again at the hotel of your choice.
I have stayed at all the resorts except for the new Pop Century Beach Club, Shades of Green, Old Key West and the Swan and Dolphin and this is what I think of them.

All Stars- If you need a cheap way to go to Disney AP rates are great 49-69 dollars at times and if you are not going to be in the hotel that much then these do fine. The Movies would be my choice overall the All Stars.

Carribean Beach- To me I just felt that this hotel did not have to offer what it should. The name was attracting to me that is why I stayed but that is all the attracted me.

Contempory- Great hotel however to hotel like. Tall building almost convention center like.

Grand Floridian- TOO STUFFY for me. I must say though it is absolutely beautiful

Poly- To outdated and musty smell turned me off.

Wilderness lodge- I could not believe this was a delux resort. Did not have much to offer for me

Animal Kingdom- Great resort if you have a Savanna room to take advantage of beautiful scenery

Port Orleans- Just ok

Coronado Springs- Just ok with this resort as well as the previous one I would rather spend the extra money on the Yacht club just because of its location.

Boardwalk- Great Hotel, great location however at night it can get loud because of the night life.

YACHT CLUB- ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know which hotel you chose and when you come back please let us know what you thought of the one you chose.

we split our honeymoon stay between the Wilderness lodge (HM room, concierge) and the Animal Kingdom Lodge (also concierge) and we used the FTP - so we got a GOOD deal at AKL (we went for 12 or 13 nights total)

I enjoyed the WL...but the AKL blew me away. It was beautiful and the CM's, in my opinion, were MUCH more Friendly up at the concierge lounge. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and totally spoiled ourselves by staying there.

I think because it's secluded...gives it more of a romantic feeling that you dont' get at the other resorts.

Oh - and I think Jiko blew Artist Pointe away as well - both were great, but the attentive-ness and detail of Jiko was amazing.

I love the WL and have never had any transportation problems. Actually the bus was so much more crowded when I stayed at the Beach Club since it stopped at all the EPCOT resorts.

The Boardwalk Inn is also fantastic, the garden suites are so romantic, thats where we are staying for our wedding/honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter