Which Grand Gathering dining experience should we do?

2mickeysandaminnie

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, Not sure if I should post it here or somewhere else. Can't seem to find anything when I do a search (yes, I'm a newbie):)

We are going on our second grand gathering this September with a party of 12. The last time we went we did two grand gathering experiences and right now the names escape me. One was breakfast at Tony's with characters and the other one was reception at the Contemporary and fireworks boat ride ending with Peter Pan meeting us at the dock. Both very cool, but this year we would like to try something different.

I read in my Passporter (2007 version) they have a safari experience with dinner at Tusker, evening safari ride, live entertainment and animal interaction. Has anyone done this one before? is it still being offered?

Does anybody have a favorite? any recommendations for 3 grandparents, 4 Parents and 5 kids ages 3-8

Any experiences they WOULDN'T do?

:yay:

Hi There,

We recently (April 2009) had a family vacation to Disney similar in size and make up to yours (Grandparents, Kids ranging from 9 months to 7) and we found all of the restaurants to be quite accommodating to a party of our size. Here is a breakdown of what we did:
Ohana's for Breakfast and Dinner- we all loved it, both the food and the atmosphere
Chef Mickey's for dinner was ok
Tusker House Breakfast was fun and interactive for the kids, plus the food was good.
Cape May Buffet for dinner might have been our best buffet foodwise, but the atmosphere was only ok
Garden Grill was my least favorite, even though it had good character interaction but the food was only so-so
Askerhaus Princess Dinner had good character interaction but the food was not great
1900 Park Fare was a fun character dinner

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter