Which Girl Scout Cookie bakery do you prefer?

Which Girl Scout Cookie bakery do you like better?

• ABC Bakers (caramel delites, etc)

• Little Brownie Bakers (samoas, etc)

• They are equally good

• I do not like either

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

NHdisneylover

DIS Veteran
There are two bakeries that contract with Girl Scouts, each council chooses who to contract with from year to year.

Little Brownie Bakers makes cookies called Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, etc

ABC Bakers make cookies called: Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, etc

(both use the name Thin Mints)

I picked other because ABC bakers makes my favorite cookie, Thanks A Lots but in the past the cookies from Little Brownie tasted better. Our council just switched back to Little Brownie, but I haven't had a cookie yet to judge them. A lot of people are upset about the switch here because they miss the Lemonades and Thanks A Lots.

I said I don't like either. I guess I'm bitter. :)

I haven't consistently bought cookies since I sold them last in high school. They used to taste so much better and have a lot more cookies in each box. Every couple years I break down and try a box but I'm always disappointed. I was a Scout from Brownie (before they had Daisies) to Senior and used to love selling and eating them, but they're just not the same. Probably better for my waistline that I refrain. :)

I like ABC bakers the best... But I prefer a Samoa over Carmel Delights.

Carmel delights are more Carmel-y but Samoas are more chocolate-y. So other than that I am an Abc fan.

I am a mom to 3 GS, cookie manager for two troops and service unit cookie manager for 146 troops. Let's just say I know my GS cookies!

We sell in an ABC council but our neighboring council sells Little Brownie. I live about 20 miles from the "dividing line." For our girls it's a little confusing to translate LBB names. At least the ABC names describe the cookie (Carmel delight, shortbread, peanut butter patties, peanut butter sandwich). LBB have names that don't "mean" anything (Samoa, do-si-do, trefoil, tag-a-long). My girls look a little blank when a customer asks for a Do-Si-Do)

Other -- I've only ever lived in an area that had Little Brownie Bakers, so I've never tried the other ones.

I said ABC Bakers. They have very detailed food allergy procedures/precautions. They also make a couple cookies that DS (life threatening food allergies) can eat and I feel comfortable feeding them to him because of their strict standards.:cheer2:

I chose Little Brownie Bakers. When I was a Girl Scout many moons ago, ours were through Little Brownie Bakers. They were so much better. My dd's council goes through ABC and they just aren't the same.

I had to vote other because I don't know a difference existed! But thank you for this poll, I will now be more aware and I'll check!

I was a cookie mom a few years ago. We used to use Little Brownie Bakers but when the councils consolidated we switched to ABC. LBB cookies taste better, even though they are supposed to use the same recipes. ABC gave slightly higher kickbacks to the troop per box, $.05 more a box I think. Even my kids noticed the difference between LBB Tagalongs and ABC Peanut Butter Patties.

I voted ABC bakers, but I've got around $2000 worth of their cookies sitting in my house right now.

LBB was the original, so they own the names. If GS owned the names, both would call them the same things. GS does own Thin Mints, which is why both companies can use that. (Or, so it was explained to me.)

I would like to try the Savannah Smiles. Anyone wanna trade boxes?

I grew up on the West Coast with Little Brownie Bakers and LOVED their cookies. When I moved to the East Coast, I didn't understand why the cookies were different, but then learned about both bakeries. Over the years all recipes have changed, as people become more health conscious. Different sweeteners, different fats . . . changing ingredients does change the flavor of the end product.

In 2010, when I was working for our local Girl Scout Council (and they were considering changing bakers), I got to taste-test the "same" flavors, head-to-head: Carmel Delites vs. Samoas, etc, even Thin Mints vs. Thin Mints!

It was wonderful -- and I learned a lot: no one makes the Thin Mints of my youth. (A chocolate cookie with a thin white layer of peppermint cream, dipped in chocolate far outshines both bakers' current version of chocolate cookie dipped in peppermint-flavored chocolate.) And I realized that, at least with the current recipes, I preferred ABC.

I've recently discovered that the best version of Carmel Delites/Samoas ISN'T sold by Girl Scouts at all, though -- it is at the grocery store: Coconut Dreams, made by those Keebler Elves!

So this year, I'll still buy Girl Scout cookies . . . but I will skip the Carmel Delites. :thumbsup2

I would like to try the Savannah Smiles. Anyone wanna trade boxes?

My girls are selling Savannah Smiles....I'm not impressed with them. Love thin mints!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've recently discovered that the best version of Carmel Delites/Samoas ISN'T sold by Girl Scouts at all, though -- it is at the grocery store: Coconut Dreams, made by those Keebler Elves!

So this year, I'll still buy Girl Scout cookies . . . but I will skip the Carmel Delites. :thumbsup2

I am so glad you posted this! DH will be in the sates in March and I already planned to make him pick up some treats in the grocery store to bring back. I am SO adding these to the list!

I am so glad you posted this! DH will be in the states in March and I already planned to make him pick up some treats in the grocery store to bring back. I am SO adding these to the list!

Send him with an empty duffle bag -- on the way home he can put his clothes in the duffle and fill the suitcase with all those "important" treats you miss from home!

Enjoy your cookies :thumbsup2

I've recently discovered that the best version of Carmel Delites/Samoas ISN'T sold by Girl Scouts at all, though -- it is at the grocery store: Coconut Dreams, made by those Keebler Elves! http://s78.photobucket.com/user/aunts2topher/media/Keebler.jpg.html So this year, I'll still buy Girl Scout cookies . . . but I will skip the Carmel Delites. :thumbsup2

Little Brownie is a subsidiary of Keebler. So it doesn't surprise me that those elves know how to make a good GS cookie.

I voted ABC because it's what I grew up with and what my girls sale. We moved into a LB area last year and we've tried the cookies but we don't like them. But living in LB area has been great for my DDs sales this year.

we sell LBB. I think it's all I've had, but where we were from there were some lemon sandwich cookies, which LBB doesn't have. Don't know if they were disconinued or if it's something ABC sells, but man, those were GOOD!!!

And FYI, the names Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, and Savannah Smiles are trademarks of Kellogg North America. Not sure how they fit into the whole thing though... Maybe they are the parent company of LBB???

All the councils in my area use Little Brownie Bakers. I've never tried the cookies from the other one because I've never had the opportunity.

we sell LBB. I think it's all I've had, but where we were from there were some lemon sandwich cookies, which LBB doesn't have. Don't know if they were disconinued or if it's something ABC sells, but man, those were GOOD!!!

And FYI, the names Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, and Savannah Smiles are trademarks of Kellogg North America. Not sure how they fit into the whole thing though... Maybe they are the parent company of LBB???

Kellogg owns Keebler and LBB is a subsidiary of Keebler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter