Which film is better, France or China?

PIRATEGIRL007

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab
In all the times we have been to WDW we have never watched the WS movies, we are definately going to fit one in one this trip. Is one better than the other? And I remember reading about one of the films once that it was a standing only show, is that either of these two?

the film in China is excellent--it's in circlevision, and the panaromas are amazing. But you have to stand while you watch it.

We always watch France, which is a little dated, but to a wonderful soundtrack. And there are seats.

We see both of them every time.

The China film is standing, the French one is sitting movie theater style.

Both are outdated IMO, but I tend to watch the France one more often so I guess I must like it better.

I think the Canada film & the American Adventure are both must do's over these films, so make sure those are higher on your list.

Hi PIRATEGIRL007,
It looks like the standing or sitting question has been answered along with some other good information. In terms of which is better I would say they are both very good.

My favorite would be one that you did not mention which is Canada. That one is standing only. It has been redone more recently and I think is the best one. If you have time do them all as it is a nice break from the heat!
________
IOLITE VS VAPORGENIE

France is really outdate, but that makes it somewhat fun as you see the outdated outfits etc. PLUS, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the soundtrack/music. It's is beautiful. have it on my ipod. I go in just for that. It's a nice break from the heat too, in fact, it is usually freezing there.

I recommend them both, but being able to sit is a definite plus for France. Also, we find that we enjoy viewing the France film over and over, but we get burned out sooner on the China one. I think the classical music (France) rather than the narration (China) probably has a lot to do with it.

We haven't seen Canada since it was re-done, so that will be a must-do on our next trip.

They are both good films but you can get in a little nap better in France. In China you keep hitting your head on the lean rails. :lmao:

Hi PIRATEGIRL007,
It looks like the standing or sitting question has been answered along with some other good information. In terms of which is better I would say they are both very good.

My favorite would be one that you did not mention which is Canada. That one is standing only. It has been redone more recently and I think is the best one. If you have time do them all as it is a nice break from the heat!

We have always wanted to watch O'Canada. It gets great reviews on here, but it has been down a twice before during our trips, this time we have it down as a must see.

I like Canada's and China's films the best,even though they are the ones you watch standing up.They're both in Circle-vision and to me that's why they're my favorites.France's film is not bad but it's getting old,but you do sit so that's a plus.

France is my fav of the two. But the others are excellent. Definitely see American Adventure and Canada.

Another vote for France. As others have mentioned, the soundtrack is a huge draw for me!

I don't mind the "dating" with the clothing, etc. I think that it adds charm to the film.

Canada's is the newest, best looking, and most entertaining. Chinas I find a little boring at times. France has the advantage of cushy seats, air conditioning, and an awesome soundtrack of various French classical music pieces dating from between the 1600 range to the mid 1900s. Any updated film would be nice, as long as they leave the music. :)

Of the two, I prefer China's. France's is very pretty, but the instrumental music almost put me to sleep. (Especially towards the end of the trip when you've been going hard for six days already.) I looked around the France one, and noticed that nearly everyone else was falling asleep too - except one lady who was texting on her phone....

As others have said, I think the Canada one is the best of the three.

If you have to choose one American history bit - the new Hall of Presidents is great. WAY better, IMO, than the Epcot America show. That one made me cringe a bit in several spots. (and also put several members of the family to near sleep.)

France is my fav of the two. But the others are excellent. Definitely see American Adventure and Canada.

We always see American Adventure, I love it. Its perfect for us b/c DH gets to nap and i get all teary eyed!

Thanks for the input, looks like we might have to try to fit in both France and China.

I like France best because you get to sit! It is a bit outdated but I imagine that the sights are pretty much the same anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter