Which Fast Pass First?

With FP window enforcement then FP collecting just is not the same. I personally would dedicate more morning time to rides and less to FP collecting because otherwise the FP windows will be too early in the morning to have much value.

I have not visited since windows were enforced. So I can't say anything from personal experience yet.

:wizard:

I was hoping people who have been recently might be able to add their perspective on the changes and how they affected their prior planning or the "old rules" of touring. I've hired a touring guide for one one day, as we will be splitting up our party sometimes and I can't be everywhere to do everything, so I will be sending her off to grab FPs for us without interrupting what we are already doing.

But I see what you are saying though that if we grab FP's too early in the morning, we'll just be forced to come back and ride again during a time when we would be better served by doing non-FP rides.

I wonder, is there an APP that can show you what return times a particular ride's FP machine is passing out FP for?? Cause that would be a great tool to have! Especially if you could set it to ping your phone when a specific return time is currently being passed out, you could send someone over to pick one up.

I wonder, is there an APP that can show you what return times a particular ride's FP machine is passing out FP for?? Cause that would be a great tool to have! Especially if you could set it to ping your phone when a specific return time is currently being passed out, you could send someone over to pick one up.
There are many. I user Lines from www.touringplans.com.

Thanks very much for your updated list. That helps me a lot! Just surprised about grabbing the Indy FP 1st thing in the AM. I thought that the FP machines weren't online until the official park opening time?

When the park opens you get a FP, but if one person in your party heads to Indy FP at the opening and the rest get in line for Peter Pan. You can meet up with them easily at Peter Pan. The Fastpass should be for 845-945am.

I choose Indy because there are more popular non FP attractions on that side (west side, Pirates, Mansion, etc...) and with the new FP enforcement you need to be there within 15 minutes of the return time on the ticket.

Just remember to grab a new Fastpass before using the existing Fastpass. Then mix in Non FP rides in between. With my list you should be done with the majority of Disneyland by 4pm.

Some of my main rules are to get to Disneyland 15 minutes before opening, finish as much of Fantasyland as you can by 930am (if the park opens at 8am), ride Peter Pan first, come back to Fantasyland or Toontown later in the day if it is already 930am.

By 930am Fantasyland will be a madhouse, after 10am Toontown is a madhouse, by 1030am the West side attractions are starting to get packed. If your Fastpass for Indy is coming up then save Jungle Cruise for later.

The goal is to be one step ahead of the crowds before lunch and then take your time in the Tomorrowland by using FP and waiting in a Standby line for Buzz that moves quite fast even though it may look long

There are many. I user Lines from www.touringplans.com.

I have never used Touring Plans, but Mousewaits FP updates are not that great. I really wish there was a ride down (aka broken ride) app that could send me a notification on which ride is down. So if I have a Fastpass for that time I would know that I can come back at any time after the time posted on my FP ticket.

When the park opens you get a FP, but if one person in your party heads to Indy FP at the opening and the rest get in line for Peter Pan. You can meet up with them easily at Peter Pan. The Fastpass should be for 845-945am.

I choose Indy because there are more popular non FP attractions on that side (west side, Pirates, Mansion, etc...) and with the new FP enforcement you need to be there within 15 minutes of the return time on the ticket.

Just remember to grab a new Fastpass before using the existing Fastpass. Then mix in Non FP rides in between. With my list you should be done with the majority of Disneyland by 4pm.

Some of my main rules are to get to Disneyland 15 minutes before opening, finish as much of Fantasyland as you can by 930am (if the park opens at 8am), ride Peter Pan first, come back to Fantasyland or Toontown later in the day if it is already 930am.

By 930am Fantasyland will be a madhouse, after 10am Toontown is a madhouse, by 1030am the West side attractions are starting to get packed. If your Fastpass for Indy is coming up then save Jungle Cruise for later.

The goal is to be one step ahead of the crowds before lunch and then take your time in the Tomorrowland by using FP and waiting in a Standby line for Buzz that moves quite fast even though it may look long

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll be staying on-site this trip so I plan to be in the Early Entry park every day. I don't usually send someone to pick up the 1st FP until 1 hour into our day.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll be staying on-site this trip so I plan to be in the Early Entry park every day. I don't usually send someone to pick up the 1st FP until 1 hour into our day.

Be at the entrance to Early Entry 10 minutes early
Ride as many of the non Fastpass attractions that you can and start with Peter Pan. Then when the park opens get the FP for Indy, ride Jungle, Pirates, Get FP for Splash, ride Indy FP, Mansion, Pooh, Splash FP, Get FP for Space, Get FP for Autopia, ride Buzz, Autopia FP, Get FP for Star Tours, Space FP, Capt EO, Star Tours FP

Be at the entrance to Early Entry 10 minutes early
Ride as many of the non Fastpass attractions that you can and start with Peter Pan. Then when the park opens get the FP for Indy, ride Jungle, Pirates, Get FP for Splash, ride Indy FP, Mansion, Pooh, Splash FP, Get FP for Space, Get FP for Autopia, ride Buzz, Autopia FP, Get FP for Star Tours, Space FP, Capt EO, Star Tours FP

This is very close to the TP that I have made after doong lots of research. The only thing to note is that people have reported Autopia being connected to the system again. You will find out when you try to grab a FP, so definitely make sure you pull Space FP first. That FP is more important.

This is very close to the TP that I have made after doong lots of research. The only thing to note is that people have reported Autopia being connected to the system again. You will find out when you try to grab a FP, so definitely make sure you pull Space FP first. That FP is more important.

It's actually ok to get the Autopia FP before or after the Space and Tours FP, due the lack of Fastpasses being collected at the Autopia attraction. Usually, once you get an Autopia FP you only have to wait an hour till you can get the next one, no matter what time of the day it is.

The one thing I forgot to add is to make sure you look at the small print on the ticket that will tell you when you can get the next Fastpass. DO NOT look at the bigger BOLD print. This will help on busy days, for example... You grab a Fastpass at 11am, but the return time on the ticket says 3pm-4pm. The small print will say you can get your next Fastpass at 1pm. A lot of guests are not aware of this and only look at the bold print on the ticket.

I have never used Touring Plans, but Mousewaits FP updates are not that great. I really wish there was a ride down (aka broken ride) app that could send me a notification on which ride is down. So if I have a Fastpass for that time I would know that I can come back at any time after the time posted on my FP ticket.
Lines is not 100% reliable but it does tell you that. It is not 100% because it depends on guests telling everyone else the ride is down.

Is there an updated plan for maximizing FP collection, taking HMH into consideration?

The HMH fast passes were up and running on Monday. First time I've seen them!

On my recent trips:

October 2011 Fast Passes for HMH were active
October 2013 No Fast Passes
October 2014 No Fast Passes

I was there From Oct 24th to Nov 1st and never saw a Fast pass. I don't think the fast pass machines are there anymore...

You won't need a FP for HMH if you get in line before 10am.

Here is how I would do it with HMH assuming the park opens at 8am. If it's after 8am, start at the listed time.

Get to the entrance to Disneyland between 730am-745am
Head to Fantasyland first.
8am-9am: Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and the Matterhorn
9am-1130am: Get a FP for Indy, Haunted Mansion Holiday (no FP), Splash Mountain, get FP for Big Thunder Mountain, Use FP for Indy, ride Pirates, get FP for Space Mountain, use FP for Big Thunder
1130am: Lunch
1230pm-3pm: get FP for Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, use FP for Space Mountain, get FP for Autopia, use FP for Star Tours, use FP for Autopia

Now you can head to Toontown get a FP for Roger Rabbit, look around there or ride It's a Small World then come back for Roger. then the attractions you missed in Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Thanks, everyone, for the updates.

Still no confirmation about HMH having FP or not?

FP is now available for HMH. We were at DL yesterday, and the machines were up and running, with the stand by and FP return lines open. At 1:30pm the ride was a walk-on without FP.

FP is now available for HMH. We were at DL yesterday, and the machines were up and running, with the stand by and FP return lines open. At 1:30pm the ride was a walk-on without FP.

Is it safe to assume they'll be up for the rest of the season? I'm more concerned with FPs for the early evening on weekends, when it's bound to be more crowded.

You won't need a FP for HMH if you get in line before 10am.

Here is how I would do it with HMH assuming the park opens at 8am. If it's after 8am, start at the listed time.

Get to the entrance to Disneyland between 730am-745am
Head to Fantasyland first.
8am-9am: Peter Pan, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and the Matterhorn
9am-1130am: Get a FP for Indy, Haunted Mansion Holiday (no FP), Splash Mountain, get FP for Big Thunder Mountain, Use FP for Indy, ride Pirates, get FP for Space Mountain, use FP for Big Thunder
1130am: Lunch
1230pm-3pm: get FP for Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, use FP for Space Mountain, get FP for Autopia, use FP for Star Tours, use FP for Autopia

Now you can head to Toontown get a FP for Roger Rabbit, look around there or ride It's a Small World then come back for Roger. then the attractions you missed in Fantasyland and Adventureland.

Out of curiosity, I put all the rides listed above into Touring Plans for Nov 30th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving when we will be there. I optimized and it has us getting done with everything above by noon and only getting one FP for Indy! (minus lunch and Toontown). Does that sound crazy?

Here's their plan:
1) Star Tours: The Adventures Continue 8:03am
2) Space Mountain 8:17am
3) Autopia 8:33am
4) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters 8:44am
5) Indiana Jones Adventure FASTPASS Booth 8:57am Return Time: 10:10am
6) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 9:00am
7) Haunted Mansion 9:12am
8) Splash Mountain 9:28am
9) Pirates of the Caribbean 9:47am
10) Indiana Jones Adventure 10:07am
11) Alice in Wonderland 10:27am
12) Matterhorn Bobsleds Edit X Loading 10:46am (20min wait)
13) Dumbo the Flying Elephant Edit X Loading 11:11am (20min wait)
14) Peter Pan's Flight Edit X Loading 11:34am (31min wait)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter