Which Exit for Windsor Hills?

srobinet

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in 2 days and will be driving from South Alabama. . Do I take the Western Bypass or continue on I-4 to find Windsor Hills?

We always take the western bypass, and the 192 exit. More tolls, but much quicker with less/zero traffic until you get on 192. WH is halfway between the bypass and I-4.

Just make sure you bring plenty of coins! I forget which particular exit it was but it was the last one we got off at before reaching Windsor Hills. Anyway, at that exit, the only options to pay were Florida SunPass or exact change... coins only no toll operator. I believe it was .75 cents. All we had in coins was .60 cents so we just threw that in. That was the only toll booth we encountered that did not have a toll operator.

I called our car rental company, Alamo, and they said the toll authority will will send them (Alamo) a notice and a bill and Alamo would then bill us for it. The person I spoke to also said that Alamo would typically also assess a "toll violation" service fee but they said they would waive that penalty since I called them in advance and explained the situation.

EDIT: I will add that it was late at night, around 11pm. Maybe they have operators there during earlier times in the day. Anyway, just be sure you have plenty of coins and you'll be good.

Last edited:
I am really bad with directions and yes I use my smart phone and driving directions. I get nervous when I am in traffic especially if rush hour if I don't have a pretty good ideal of where I am going. I have been to Orlando a few times just down much in the area of 192. We have stayed on Disney property. I did manage to find my way to the Walmart and to Universal Studios without getting lost. My I phone was pretty accurate except for not mentioning one toll booth with no operator that required exact change. After I get off on the 192 exit is it a left or right turn? Approximately how far down 192 before I see Old Lake Wilson Road?

I After I get off on the 192 exit is it a left or right turn? Approximately how far down 192 before I see Old Lake Wilson Road?

If you are coming from I-4 it's a left off of 192 and it's about 2 mi down once you merge on to 192 from I-4. Look for a 7-Eleven on the right side and a Ramada on your left. Just after that you'll come to a a set of lights. Take a left at that set of lights... that's Old Lake Wilson Road.

429 - then take the WDW exit - it is free - when the road deadends - turn right - go to AKL - but before you get to AKL - traffic light right before - AKL/AKV - turn left - (so if you miss it - just tell the guard and he will help you turn around. - go to the traffic light = if the light is green just go straight - turn left at the stop sign - then next stop sign turn right - then again stop sign turn right.

Western Way - buena vista drive - Osceola parkway - Sherberth road then Entry point - funie steed rd - north old lake wilson rd

it might take more time - but cheaper - besides you are on WDW property sooner>>>>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter