• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which EP Restaurant is best for viewing Illuminations?

mdevries

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to find a good restaurant at Epcot for viewing Illuminations. Anyone have any suggestions?

The only TS restaurant that has great views of Illumintations is the outside patio at the Rose & Crown. You can request the patio when you arrive at the podium, but there is no guarantee you will be able to sit there. WE have been very lucky and we have been seated outside 3 of 6 times. If you are seated indoors, there is a patio outdoors where they will take you to stand and watch Illuminations, and then return to your table for desert.
As Luv4Disney said, you can see Illuminations from the seating area at the Cantina San Angel (Counter Service) in Mexico. Depending on the season, these tables are "staked out" and taken up to 1 1/2 to 2 hours before Illuminations.

I recommend eating dinner at Chefs de France or Biergarten and then finding a great spot right near the railing of World Showcase Lagoon about 15 minutes before showtime.

WE have been very lucky and we have been seated outside 3 of 6 times.
We've also been lucky, though our record is 3 of 8.

I was all excited to book a specialty cruise, thought it was $150 for our jan. visit to epcot but now saw prices are $250 and we are a party of 10!
Next best thing is to perhaps dine and view. Sounds like the rose and crown patio is a big hit. What time should we make our rsvps in order to be hopefully lucky and see illuminations from the 2nd story. Even being able to go out on the patio and stand would work. Which country is Rose and crown located at? Time?
thanks in advance :)

Rantybaby said:
During the month of August, Illuminations is shown at what time?

Illuminations is always at 9pm, except sometimes during the Christmas season, it is at 9:30 because of the Candlelight Processional.

chefgal said:
I was all excited to book a specialty cruise, thought it was $150 for our jan. visit to epcot but now saw prices are $250 and we are a party of 10!
Next best thing is to perhaps dine and view. Sounds like the rose and crown patio is a big hit. What time should we make our rsvps in order to be hopefully lucky and see illuminations from the 2nd story. Even being able to go out on the patio and stand would work. Which country is Rose and crown located at? Time?
thanks in advance :)

1) Make the ressies about 1-1/2 to 2-hrs ahead of time.
2) You can ask for the patio when you get to the podium.
3) But, you MUST agree to take any table offered (inside or outside).
4) They aren't allowing people to wait for a patio seat.
5) Too many leave if they can't get a patio table, and that is lost revenue.
6) Sometimes you can eat inside then go out for the fireworks.
7) Depends upon how many others are out there.
8) There is a standing place, because you CANNOT block a seated table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter