• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which DVC to stay with baby?

Which DVC with baby

• AKV

• BWV

• BCV

• VWL

• SSR

• OKW

• VBR

• HHI

Results are only viewable after voting.

wingkng

Mouseketeer
Wondering which DVC is best to stay in if you have an infant less than a year old. We will be taking our (by then) 6 month old baby to AKV in Feb, so I was wondering if other resorts can compare with what AKV has to offer. We are not planning to go to the parks much, if at all, so we want to know where we can soak up the most Disney Magic without going to the parks with our baby.

I selfishly voted for all the resorts I don't own. Less chance of me getting stuck next to a villa with a crying baby in it that way. And no, I'm not a parent.

I voted SSR. If you're not going to the parks much then nearby DTD might be a welcome place to visit for short bursts.

Remembering those days, I would say anywhere with interesting 'walk with the baby sleeping in the stroller' walks. My first choice BCV. Followed by BWV. The boardwalk is great, plus you could walk into Epcot if you so desired. SSR is great for walking to DTD.

Remembering those days, I would say anywhere with interesting 'walk with the baby sleeping in the stroller' walks. My first choice BCV. Followed by BWV. The boardwalk is great, plus you could walk into Epcot if you so desired. SSR is great for walking to DTD.

I voted AKV, but have to agree with the above. I love AKL, and think that if your stuck in the room for a few hours while the baby is sleeping, it's nice to have the animals to look at. The only thing I dislike about AKL, is that there are no great paths to walk around. We stayed at BWV in Sept, and I loved the ability to walk around the boardwalk and over to BCV, plus Epcot if you do want to get into a park.

You bet! Been there, done that with a 3 month old and another time when he was 9 months old. Nothing like have the boardwalk to walk on and stroll on over the the Beach Club for a Gelato.

OKW has lots of quiet walking too. But BWV or BCV would be my first choice. The quiet pools at these resorts are truly quiet. You could swim while baby naps nearby in the stroller.

We have a soon to be 6 month old too and here I was thinking our Disney Vacation days were over for another 4.5 years! :)

I like the idea of either BWV or BCV as that would be a great place for a stroll and even get into a park (Epcot) without much trouble at all. Hmmmmm.

This is not as easy a question as it seems to me. I could see the up side of the Epcot resort area because it's easy to get around and hop on a boat to go into half of the parks if you did decide to go anywhere. Plus it's a nice big area just to walk around with a stroller if you didn't. The rooms at OKW are the biggest so that would be nice with all the extra crap you have to bring for an infant (been there, done that). And the AKV has the animals to look at if the baby falls asleep.

If it's a trip "for the baby" and you'll be spending most of your time at the MK - -I'd say VWL because you can roll the stroller on and off the boat to the MK without folding it.

If it's a grown-up trip with a baby tagging along, BCV because you could get to MGM/EPCOT and MK (with work via. the monorail) all without folding the stroller. BWV if the kid sleeps and is not bothered by noise.

If it's a trip "for the baby" and you'll be spending most of your time at the MK - -I'd say VWL because you can roll the stroller on and off the boat to the MK without folding it.

No, I don't agree with this one, there aren't enough places to walk with a stroller at VWL. Too much sand from the beach.
JMO

I think SSR

Why??

Lots of opportunity to walk around (with a stroller) including a short walk to DTD or a boat ride to DTD.

A "zero entry" pool and great splash pad (High Rock Springs).

When DS was 5 months old we stayed at BWV and had a great trip. Now personally I think all the DVC resorts and Disney in general are great for babies! But we really liked the Epcot area for a few reasons. One DS loved to be strolled and walked around and the boardwalk area gave him lots to see. It was also great pushing the stroller right onto the boat for Epcot or MGM. We love to just pop on over to Epcot for dinner and this area is so convienent for that.

Also just as a side note - we did all the parks with DS, our DD, and my parents that trip. The baby care centers in each park made it easy to take care of babies nursing needs, changing etc... Don't shy away from the parks just b/c baby is along. DS loved all the sights and sounds!! We carried him mostly in the Baby Bjorn and pushed our DD in her stroller.

Our first trip with DS4 (he was 15 months at the time) we stayed at OKW then 2 days at AKL. We wanted the space of OKW and we didn't visit the parks much at all (in fact only MK and AK for 1 day--half day at each). We LOVED having the space in our 1BR for all the gear you have to have with a baby. Plus the full kitchen was great for breakfast in the villa everyday. When we moved over to AKL for the last 2 days we were so spoiled by our OKW 1BR we really didn't enjoy our time at AKL. ;)

I'm pregnant with DS #2 (having him this Wed. actually unless he decides to come sooner). We are currently trying to decide when we want to take our next trip to WDW and where to stay. Thought about AKV but man...the space at OKW is just so appealing for us! And my DH wants to stay at BWV this time. We'll see where we end up!

I am assuming since you included VB in the mix of possibilities that you are not necessarily committed to a WDW resort. If that is the case then VB is definitely for you. Because.... VB is a very small resort. The pool, ocean and anything else is within a 2 minute walk. This means if you are at the pool or the ocean and for some reason need to go back to your room (and I am sure you can think of a few reasons) you are right there. Going back and forth between the room and the other areas is a breeze. It is so easy to set up your ocean camp and then just hop up to the room for lunch, nap, diaper changing, etc. VB is perfect for families.

No, I don't agree with this one, there aren't enough places to walk with a stroller at VWL. Too much sand from the beach.
JMO

Wow... I'm a Vero Beach veteran, and I can't tell you how many people push those strollers through the real beach sand to get to their camping point (actually dragging it backwards). At VWL if you don't want to go into the sand, you don't have too. I don't know how residual sand on hard surfaces would be a problem. Maybe the wheel bearings give out a year or so earlier. Personally, if MK is likely to be the major attraction... I would choose VWL too. JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter