Which DVC resort

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
We are staying at a DVC resort in Oct. RIght now we are booked for OKW I am wondering if we should try SSR.

Which one would you pick and why?

Thanks

PS we are staying in a one bedroom

As you can tell by my screen name, we love OKW. I've stayed in both places and there isn't any reason I'd pick SSR over OKW. The rooms are larger at OKW, the resort has a laid-back, "away from it all" feeling, yet the units are all kept up-to-date so you won't feel like you are living in an old house.

You can find a lot of great information on all the DVC resorts over on the DVC boards - you'll find that members are more than happy to brag on their "homes"! :goodvibes

SSR is my home resort, and DH and I just love it there. I think it all depends on what type of "theme" you're looking for. Of all the DVC resorts, OKW and SSR are probably the most similar to each other - they're both situated close to Downtown Disney, are not attached to other Disney deluxe resorts, and have a bit more of a "home" feel to them than I think the other DVC properties do. OKW rooms are bigger, but SSR rooms are newer, although it's my understanding that they keep up the rooms very nicely.

For us, we like the look and feel of SSR more than we do OKW, but you'll find avid fans of both resorts. For more info. on SSR, I would check out the SSR lover's thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1329308

Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter