• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which DVC resort will have highest demand in resales

which DVC resort will have the highest demand in resales in the near future?

• Old Key West

• Boardwalk Villas

• Vero Beach Resort

• Hilton Head Island Resort

• Villas at Wilderness Lodge

• Beach Club Villas

• Saratoga Springs Resort

• Eagle Pines Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
okay, i thought i was done, but here's more questions:

which DVC resort do you think will have the highest demand for resales in the coming years?

and, related to this is, which DVC resort do you think will be able to command the highest resale prices?
in theory, the one with the highest demand would command the highest resale prices, right?

please vote, and let me know your thoughts. thanks.

If all things are equal, the I would agree the most popular resort should have the best resale value but there are a lot of variables in contracts that will make a difference. Points banked/borrowed would be the main one I can think of but dues costs will also be factored in.

While "desirability" is one factor I think the size of the resort will be another major factor. For both reasons I think BCV is likley to be the most preferred resort, but I don't think you'll see much variation between the WDW resorts. HH and Vero has more potential for a noticable difference.

I own BCV and voted BCV but if I was able I would have voted for both BCV and BWV. I believe they are close enough to Epcot and MGM to be rated the same for Location and close enough to share attractions to also be rated equally.

I think BWV and BCV will be the most popular because of location. Until BCV opened, the hardest to get at 7 months has always been BWV. As real estate agents often say "location, location, location". Given that BWV has GVs (and BCV does not) and BWV has possibility of Standard view with lower points, I think BWV will continue to have a slight edge over BCV.

I think this says it all,

Originally posted by mikesmom
.....SNIP... Given that BWV has GVs (and BCV does not) and BWV has possibility of Standard view with lower points, I think BWV will continue to have a slight edge over BCV.

I agree,BWV.

To those who hold location as the most important aspect, it's a crap shoot, maybe slight edge to BCV for SAB and being that much closer to Epcot. To those who are desperate for those standard view rooms and (to me) piddly difference in points, then they might go the extra mile for BWV.

I think new DVC people will choose BCV - and by new I mean those who don't own a contract yet - because it's newer and they probably don't know the whole BWV std vs. pref. obsession.

JMHO.

Is the location of some of those "standard view" villas. We swore to never stay there unless we had a guarantee that we could get from our room to the boat dock in less than ten minutes! It doesn't matter if it is generally in a prime location if it takes longer to get down the endless halls to the elevator, then around the world again to get outside. I could have taken a bus from OKW in less time!

I just assume those are the "standard view" rooms. I will certainly never be in line for one of those! When we stayed, back in '99, there was no price distinction made. I expect we were far from the only ones who disliked those rooms enough to make Disney drop their price to offset their location. And another "selling point" at BWV are the GV's. Unlike OKW's GV's, the GV's at BWV, in my opinion are simply not worth the number of points listed. Why not get multiple rooms, when you can use less points and actually sleep more?

BWV is a nice resort, no doubt, but I guess for our purposes and what we value in a resort, it is behind OKW, BCV and VWL.

Since you aren't going to be staying at BWV, it probably doesn't matter, but it isn't true that only the standard view rooms are far away from the elevators. FWIW, there are quite a few standard view rooms that are close to the elevators. There are also many preferred view rooms that are far away from the elevators. In fact, some of the more coveted Boardwalk view rooms are quite a distance from the elevators.

Personally, I don't mind the walk at all. We use the stairs a lot anyway. I've stayed in several hotels (in Las Vegas) that have equally long walks to the elevators, so the BWV and other WDW resort hotels with long walks are not unique.

"We swore to never stay there unless we had a guarantee that we could get from our room to the boat dock in less than ten minutes! "

Freds,
Based on this quote I can assure you you will NOT be staying at BCV either.

The boat dock isn't exactly right outside at the VWL either....not a fun jog when you're running late for a character meal, I'm afraid!

I don't know about the BCV vs. BWV issue......I think its possible that BCV may end up to be harder to find in resale, simply because the BVC are smaller than the BWV (and I could be wrong about that....but I think I recall that both VWL and BCV have less rooms than BWV?) That combined with SAB might be enough to make BCV resales fewer and harder to find.

right now the availability of resales is somewhat tied to which resorts are the oldest, isn't it? with the highest # of resales available at OKW, with BWV coming next and VWL beyond that. I'd imagine at this point that BCV resales are fairly rare. I have no idea how VB and HH fit it, but I don't really consider them in these sorts of comparisons.

Originally posted by AnnK

"We swore to never stay there unless we had a guarantee that we could get from our room to the boat dock in less than ten minutes! "

Freds,
Based on this quote I can assure you you will NOT be staying at BCV either.

Oh I totally agree. I don't mind a walk, never saw the big deal..since we do so much walking at WDW anyway, a 3 minute walk from the elevator doesn't faze me.
BUT if you don't like the hike..the distance from the BCV to the boat seemed much greater than the walk form my pretty far from the elevator room at the BW. Also most of the walk at the BW is inside, it's quite a hike outside at the BCV.

Also most of the walk at the BW is inside, it's quite a hike outside at the BCV.

Nope, we walked right from BCV, into BC and through to YC and out to dock with a very minimal time spent outside, and all of it covered until we left the YC. When you travel in August, maximizing time in A/C is a priority! :)

With the fewer units at BCV I'd have to guess that it will have fewer resales as well. Also - Is BCV selling out faster than BWV did (percentage-wise)? That would also be an indicator of sorts. From what I've read, BCV is selling faster than any other DVC resort. Is that true?

Per DVC, BCV is selling out more quickly than any other resort, at a significantly higher price than the other resorts... and this is in a very depressed economy. I think there's the proof right there that BCV will be the hottest commodity.

The highest overall demand will be for OKW in my opinion. If you are talking about demand vs. supply, however, the answer will likely be BWV.

"Per DVC, BCV is selling out more quickly than any other resort, at a significantly higher price than the other resorts..."

Not necessarily true about the higher price. The initial offering for DVC members was 70.00 per point, which was LOWER than we had just paid for BWV points that we bought about 9 months before BCV went on sale. The price to non-DVC members initially was 75.00.
I know the price has gone up since then , but that price is for ALL DVC properties,that are available, including points that open up to members at resorts that are "sold out"

I sincerely believe that all properties will hold their value, and that the price differences between the resorts will never be that large that they will make any one property the "hottest ".

I believe that BWV at this time is more valuable because from there you can go to the Yacht and Beach, EPCOT, MGM, Swan, Dolphin, Jelly Roll and Dance Hall . Basically BWV is in the center and probably built with that in mind. You do not have to leave the area to be entertained. I have stayed at other resorts (been going since 1976) and when I return in the evening,to the other resorts, there isn't anything going on.

We own at BVC and at this point we have not stayed at any of the other DVC resorts but if I were a betting man I would say that BWV is likely to be the hottest DVC property for resales because of (1) the standard vs. preferred points differential, (2) it's relative proximity between MBM and Epcot, and (3) it's night life.

It's obvious that these factors will not, and do not, appeal to everyone but taken together I think they make a compelling case for the hottest DVC resale property.

But, I've been wrong before.

The reason I voted for BCV is that the nightlife is sufficiently far away that it doesn't feel like you are staying in an urban environment yet your range of choices of night life within walking distance is extensive. SAB is quite a draw and you can only get that with BCV. EPCOT is a hop skip and a jump around the corner.

Standard vs preferred is really the only extra point in BWV's favor over BCV. The population that uses GV's regularly has to be very small...even if its a significant showing among posters on this board. Except for travel time to EPCOT I didn't experience any significant difference getting anywhere between BWV and BCV. Probably helps that I enjoy walking and riding the boat.

I'm not sure who I'd pick for number 3...VWL, SSRV and OKW will each have their own major reasons for staying there. If SSRV has easy and safe night time water transport until at least 11PM then that's what I'd pick. Otherwise...just because its so small I'd pick VWL.

All this is a judgement on demand versus supply. In sheer numbers it will be OKW just because of the size.

Supply is a factor too . . .

"Number of Vacation Homes, including studios and one- and two-bedroom Vacation Homes" --from the 2002-2003 Member Guidebook:

OKW 531
BWV 383
VWL 136
BCV 208

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter