• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which DVC property (studio room) has the most space?

klfrech

DIS Veteran
We are 4 adults considering staying in a studio (renting points). Which property has the most room?

Old Key West, actually, is probably best for 4 adults. Only studio with 2 queen beds. Technically slightly smaller than the Poly. With the Poly, you get two bathrooms (kind of), which may make it easier to get ready in the morning. At OKW, everyone gets a real bed, no pull-out.

I'd say it depends what you value and what your travel companions value. Poly has the MK proximity and two baths; OKW has two for-real, no sofa, beds.

I'd actually prefer and 1 sleeper sofa. I was hoping for a little more separation between sleeping spaces. We can handle a sleeper sofa for 2 nights.

Polynesian (for WDW). See: https://*******.com/dvc-resorts/dvc-room-inventory/

There really isn't a studio with sleeping space separation. You'd need a 1Br for that.

OKW has more useable space. Polynesian has more square footage, but it is filled up with stuff and walls.

I'd actually prefer and 1 sleeper sofa. I was hoping for a little more separation between sleeping spaces. We can handle a sleeper sofa for 2 nights.

There's no separation, the sleeper sofa is right next to the bed, where the other bed would be. I agree that OKW will give you the most space, but if you plan to be in the room during the day and want a space to sit that's not a bed, the other resorts that have sleeper sofas might be preferred.

With 4 adults, I'd think twice about cramming into a studio. If you must, then go for space at OKW. Otherwise, look at price difference of getting a one bedroom--maybe at AKLV--their one bedrooms have 2 bathrooms at Kidani--a real plus! Whatever you decide, I hope you all have a great time in the World!

We will basically only be sleeping there for 2 nights. I'm wondering if for the price difference, we'd just be better off staying at a moderate. What is AKLV?

Old Key West, actually, is probably best for 4 adults. Only studio with 2 queen beds. Technically slightly smaller than the Poly. With the Poly, you get two bathrooms (kind of), which may make it easier to get ready in the morning. At OKW, everyone gets a real bed, no pull-out.

I'd say it depends what you value and what your travel companions value. Poly has the MK proximity and two baths; OKW has two for-real, no sofa, beds.

But everyone is 2 per bed. At Poly, you could do 2 in the Queen, 1 on the sleeper sofa and 1 on the Murphy bed (assuming one of the adults is smaller). Plus 2 showers. I once did 4 in an OKW studio, it was kind of crowded, especially with the bathroom being one big room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter