Which DTD hotel?

mike&amy1508

Mouseketeer
We need our hotel to be less than $100 per night. We don't really like the value resorts all that much, and this is going to be for our honeymoon, so we'd like something a little more special. I subscribe to mousesavers.com so I am hoping I can get a discount for the hotel, and I know there are other discounts out at times, also. Anyway, which hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd. would you go with? Do they all have extra fees? I was looking at Buena Vista Palace, and we really like this hotel, but saw that there is at $12 per night fee charged at the end of your stay, which would pretty much void any discount. We don't have the budget for a rental car, and don't really want one anyway, so staying any where else offsite wouldn't work for us. Please help!

Depending on the dates of your trip and how you make your reservation, you may not be able to get a rate under $100 at DTD. If you use Priceline or go during slow time, you could accomplish that objective.

As for which hotel, I have stayed at the Hilton and Doubletree Suites. I like the Hilton best of those two, but Doubletree was also nice. The transporation to the parks for all downtown hotels is not as good as Disney's transportation...but that may not be your biggest concern.

Have you used Priceline before? If you are open to this it might be of help to you.

when are you going?

during Jan, Sept, Oct - most of Nov & Dec - you can get a studio at OKW for around $80, or one at BWV for around $110 a night.

no housekeeping.

OKW is close to DD. BWV is between Studios and Epcot and is an Epcot resort.

You really need to be more speciffic on your travel dates as spiceycat mentioned. Time of year makes a big big difference.
Having stayed at the Buena Vista Palace, it is definitely worth it if you can get it for under $100. I think we paid $96 plus "resort fee". Royal Plaza is a nice hotel and has been offering great rates since their reopening. I doubt you will find the Hilton for the prices you are talking about. The Holiday Inn has been closed for some time with a lot of speculation as to what it will actually open as. When it does finally open, they will probably offer some sort of promotional rate. Keep your eyes on this site for more info.
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com

Depending on the dates of your trip and how you make your reservation, you may not be able to get a rate under $100 at DTD. If you use Priceline or go during slow time, you could accomplish that objective.

As for which hotel, I have stayed at the Hilton and Doubletree Suites. I like the Hilton best of those two, but Doubletree was also nice. The transporation to the parks for all downtown hotels is not as good as Disney's transportation...but that may not be your biggest concern.

Have you used Priceline before? If you are open to this it might be of help to you.

And if you are ONLY going to be happy with a DTD hotel do NOT use Priceline. You have no guarantee. Bidding on a Resort hotel I have gotten the former Wyndam which is in DTD and the Marriott which is NOT!

Sorry, should have listed the dates! Our dates our January 6-January 19, 2008.

I would do a DVC resort for you Sun-thur - then move to either a moderate or value for weekends (fri & Sat) - then back to a DVC resort.

You should be able to get a reason rate on a value resort for that time period.

Especially if you don't want a rental car you need to stay on Disney property.

staying offsite can be great - but you really need your own transportation.

with DVC or WDW you don't have to pay for transportation to your hotel - with your other choices you will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter