Which Downtown Disney hotel?

JEANMR1

Mouseketeer
Which hotel should I stay at in DD for my first night of the trip. Which is the most elegant? I only intend to walk to DD that first evening.
Thanks

JEANMR1,
The closest hotel is the Wyndham Palace and Spa (also a 5 star hotel I believe). I haven't stayed there yet but I have stayed at the Grosvenor (4 star if saled against WP & S)) which is next door and have enjoyed two stays there. The most recent stay was last year. Be sure to ask for a tower room as the give great views either over DD od towards I Drive and Seaworld.
Hope this helps.
Claire :D

The Wyndham is definitely the classiest hotel in this area in my book. It is the shortest walk to DD, too. The Hyatt and Grosvenor are both pretty decent, while the Doubletree and Royal Plaza are just a slight level down from them. For the best value, though, I rate the newly-refurbished Best Western highest of all.

I can't recommend a hotel there but when we were at Disney in June there was a lot of road construction around DD. Glad we were on a bus and not driving. Just something you might want to think about.

The Wyndham is beautiful, but if it is just for one night, you might try the Courtyard Marriott... they run some really nice specials, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter