• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which double stroller??

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
We, DD, Dson in law and my 3 Dgrandsons :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc will be going the end of this month to Disney. We will need a double stroller. We have been looking at the Peg Perego Aria Twin, it seems to have what we are looking for but has gotten mixed reviews :confused3 .

What we are looking for is
side by side,seats able to recline independently
child tray
large underneath storage
light weight

DD presently has a Combi umbrella stroller. It is light weight but the underneath storage is really small and hard to access if the seat is reclined. Also it seems kind of flimsy and I want something more comfortable for my 2 little grandsons when they fall asleep in it. Also, it doesn't have a child tray in front.

So, can some of you Dissers please let us know what kind of double stroller you take to the park....amd more importantly if you are happy with it.

Thanks, Karen :)

I can't really help you in the decision making process, but I will let you know that Albee Baby has a 2007 Twin Aria on sale for $170 with free shipping. Here is the link: http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-aria-twin-2007-toffee.html.

I have been going back and forth about a double for my kids for a while with this stroller always being near the top of my list. I happened to be visiting a friend today who has this stroller for her kids, so we checked it out. My biggest concern was whether or not my 3 yo would fit in it. She did and she didn't want to get out. I thought that the basket was generous (especially if comparing it to a Combi, Mac, or the Joovy Ultralight) and it was a snap to close up. It also weighed practically nothing.

I had the Aria twin & loved it when my kids were little. I actually gave it away today as my two older kids are too big for it. I think the biggest thing to consider is how different in size the kids are. My kids are 15 months apart & are both pretty small so it was always easy to push. However, I tried it today with my 11 month old and by 4 yr old and it was tough to push because it was so uneven. One issue I had with it were that the basket underneath is large but not that sturdy. Mine actually started dragging on the ground & I had to eventually just remove it because it got a hole in it.

Tons of people love the Maclaren double as its very lightweight but it has almost no storage which was a dealbreaker for me.

I will be honest with you. We travel to Disney a couple of times a year. We tried carrying our stroller twice and will never do it again. It is a pain on the bus, on the monorail, etc. What has worked best for us is to buy cheap strollers for the walk between the bus and the main gate ( you will thank me when they are asleep on the way out). Then check the stroller when you rent the Disney double strollers. You will have to weight it out, but this is what works for my two daughters.

How old are the kids? We have a Mac Ralley Twin and it works wonderfully. It's not as lightweight as the Peg but it feels more sturdy to me. My dd (4) was very cramped in the Peg. I highly recommend the Macs. I also have a Baby Planet Unity Sport and like it alot too!

Then check the stroller when you rent the Disney double strollers.

So you CAN do this? I asked about it for our last trip and never got a clear answer. Can you check your stroller in the stroller rental area? I may do this for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter