Which do you think will book up first Poly CL or POR in August?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Dimples1973ca, Feb 19, 2013.

  1. Dimples1973ca

    Dimples1973ca Mouseketeer

    Mar 25, 2008
    Good morning!

    I hope someone can offer me one insight. I need to book our room(s) today. Tomorrow is the 180 day for dining reservations. We are going August 20-30. So this is my "dilemma". We have invited my parents in law to join us. They are interested but my father in law is 74 and is having some health issues at the moment and I don't want to push for an answer right now. Once he is on the mend, I will talk to my mother in law. But because I need to make a decision ASAP. We have decided if they do join us, that we will share a room. That way my husband and I can sneak out early in the morning for pictures, coffee, romantic walks :love:. So now that I have rambled, here is my question. What do you think will book up first Polynesian CL or POR preferred with Murphy bed for the last couple of weeks of August. I know these are totally different room types and perhaps two moderate rooms would work better but I wanted to hold something just in case. I have no choice but to book today to ensure we have a room.

    If they decide not to go or are unable to join us do to health concerns, DH,DD and I will probably end up at POFQ. We love that one. Either way we are Disney bound. Woohoo.

  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

    to hide this advert.
  3. tinkermommyof3

    tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

    Nov 18, 2011
    Have stayed both Poly CL and POR and in the month of August! Honestly, there is no way to tell what will book first. What I can tell you is there are more rooms available in the POR preferred buildings than there are in the CL building at the POLY. The Poly GV CL seem to sell out quicker than TPV CL or MKV CL as they are more reasonablly priced. On the other hand, POR is such a great deal for a moderate and preffered location is desired, you never know what people are planning. Just some food for thought!:goodvibes
  4. jw50

    jw50 <font color=purple>I might make it sound more emba

    Jun 30, 2005
    Make reservations for both, that will give you until the 45 day point to make your decision and then just cancel the one you don't need.

Share This Page