• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Do you think is the most powerful emotion; Love or Hate?

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
This could be an interesting topic. Hate generates anger, and its is certainly powerful, but I am not sure that anger is very productive, although I guess it could be in matters of war, etc.. On the other hand love generates positive feelings, to work hard, to reach higher, for your family and friends. Which would you pick and why?

I think of hate like the hare in the race - faster and more powerful at first; but love will more slowly and quietly win the race in a more lasting way. :goodvibes

As a romantic, I'm going to say (and hope!) that it's Love.

I don't like to say it but I think it's hate. It's just so destructive and it's a lot easier to rip something apart than to build it.

Hate is more powerful in the short term or in times of conflict,but love will always come out on top.

I think of hate like the hare in the race - faster and more powerful at first; but love will more slowly and quietly win the race in a more lasting way. :goodvibes

Thats a good analogy. Hate can be very energizing but with all of that adrenalin, how long can it last before one gets burnt out. My SIL had an uncle that didn't like his family that lived downstairs in the other half of the two family house. Can you imagine keeping those feelings alive for what had to be, at least 10 years. He didn't socialize with any of the family, missed picnics, etc. It didn't do him a bit of good. He could have had a heck of a lot more fun if he at least liked them. ;)

I think love is the most powerful emotion, unless it happens to turn into hate, and if that's the case, then hate can be more powerful. I think this can happen particularly in a romantic relationship, but I suppose, could happen with any relationship.

Sounds like something Yoda would say.

Yoda: Yes, run! Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Love - hands down the winner in my book.

Reason: because God is Love and apparantly - I skipped to the end of the Book;) - He wins :yay:. So it must be stronger than hate. :goodvibes

No contest, HATE is stronger but it fades.

LUST is just as strong as Hate, but that was not the question.

Thats a good analogy. Hate can be very energizing but with all of that adrenalin, how long can it last before one gets burnt out. My SIL had an uncle that didn't like his family that lived downstairs in the other half of the two family house. Can you imagine keeping those feelings alive for what had to be, at least 10 years. He didn't socialize with any of the family, missed picnics, etc. It didn't do him a bit of good. He could have had a heck of a lot more fun if he at least liked them. ;)

It's sad that he missed all those years. It's easy to let resentments fester, but just not worth the cost.

Yoda: Yes, run! Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Oh man I love how Yoda talks. :)

I will echo the others; hate is much more powerful and so, so easy, but there is only so long it can last without swallowing itself (or you) completely.

Love is more difficult to find and maintain, but it when you do, it wins in the long run. :)

Yoda knows!

It's sad that he missed all those years. It's easy to let resentments fester, but just not worth the cost.

\

The really sad part is that no one could remember what the original argument was about. It was the only funeral in which, the only "mourner" who felt sad about his passing, was his wife. My 9 year old nephew fell out of his chair at the reception at the restaurant following the funeral. He was embarrassed so he started to cry. Another guest came up to him to comfort him on the loss of his uncle. Everyone at the table had to stifle laughter because no one was going to miss him, and certainly not my nephew. He was mean to everyone! :scared1:

I think this is an excellent answer -- :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Neither - I think fear/panic is the most powerful emotion. Fear/panic often trump all rational thought and reason. Its the reason terrorism works

Personally, I know that I've never felt any emotion as all-comsuming or powerful as the love I feel for my children. So - for me, love wins. :lovestruc

Personally, I know that I've never felt any emotion as all-comsuming or powerful as the love I feel for my children. So - for me, love wins. :lovestruc

I would have to agree with this completely - there is nothing I would not do for kids. There is no risk that is too great if they are in need

Love.

There is no more powerful drive than that to reproduce and to successfully raise children. These require the attachment of love. Hate, at the most, is merely an offshoot of love. There is no reason for hate other than as a reaction to the need to protect one's self, one's family or to keep one's mate close to oneself. Love trumps fear and panic when offspring are involved.

Love - hands down the winner in my book.

Reason: because God is Love and apparantly - I skipped to the end of the Book;) - He wins :yay:. So it must be stronger than hate. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Since God is Love, this is also my opinion.

Most people won't sacrifice their life for hate (easily at least), but people will sacrifice their life for love (of family, of country, etc...). In other words, most people won't jump off a bridge with a person they hate just to kill that person while killing themselves at the same time. However, people will jump off a bridge to save something they love.

To me, that makes love the much more powerful emotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter