which do you prefer? POR or POFQ?

PixieDustLove

Wife and Mommy to a Princess and Prince
we're thinking of taking a last minute november trip...the moderates are having such great fl rate deals!! we've only stayed at deluxes and have never visited a moderate. DH thinks POR looks the best and likes the mansion section..but overall i wanted a second opinion. what's your favorite? we've got two small kids and i've read through other threads ppl suggest french quarter b/c of the size but dh kind of thinks the alligator statues and martigras theme is semi-cheesy (PLEASE PLEASE no offense to anyone that likes it there....i think it's cute!) :) i guess the main part is which has the nicer rooms in your opinion...pool...lobby...restaurants..etc? thank you!!

I would give POR a slight edge. The rooms in the AB section are really nice with trundle beds and rustic furniture. The Mansion section looks more formal/down south/plantation style. The food court is larger and has really good food, and POR has several quiet pools and one nice main pool. It also has a sit down restaurant.

The only reason I give POR the edge is due to the food court. For us it's important to have a good food court for several meals. The theming at POFQ is not too much or "in your face" at all. The sculptures are only in a few areas, and just make for a nice touch. POFQ is just as lovely in person as POR is, with the main difference being the city garden vs rustic garden landscaping. The size and the layout are also very nice and everything there is just a short walk from everywhere else.

Happy planning! :goodvibes

I like the theming of POR better, but I LOVE the small size of POFQ, and the bus service picks up there first.

Boy that is a tough one!! But I think I would have to give POFQ my vote. The quaint size of the resort is such a plus! The pool is fun, the food court is really very good and the shopping area isn't bad either! The bus being first off in the evening is really nice too! But like I said it's a hard choice because POR is great too! But it can be a REALLY LONG walk to the food and shopping areas if you are in AB or some of the mansions! I think you will be please with either choice though really.
Diane

POFQ would be my pick and we're staying there again in December. It's small size is perfect for us. DH has arthritis so with this resort I don't have to request something specific b/c they're all pretty close. It's quiet and romantic.

We just got back from POFQ (2 night stay before our DVC stay at AKV) and I LOVED it. The room was really nice and the resort is beautiful. Everything seemed really fresh and new there, I am not sure when it was rehabbed last but it was in great shape. The food court is smaller but pretty good and it isn't far to get over to Riversides food court if you prefer.

The pool isn't real big, but the slide was perfect for younger kids. And the size of the resort is great. We were in building 7 about as far from the main building/bus stop as you can be and it was still a quick walk. Riverside is HUGE. It is also nice being the first ones on/off the busses.

We have now stayed at all the mods and POFQ is my favorite with POR a close second.

Going to have to go with POFQ, too.

We loved that it was a small resort; they have some great options in the food court, too. Have you ever had beignets? They're pure fried goodness covered in powder sugar. WONDERFUL!! I'm pretty sure that's the only place you can get them, too.

The theme isn't obnoxious, as said above. And, the whole resort is very romantic. We stayed there for a week this past June and have nothing but wonderful things to say; POR is OK. I guess it's just too big for us.

And ditto a previous poster; our room looked newly done. Not sure when they refurbed it, but it's kept up very well. GREAT resort; we've stayed at most mods, and this one is by far my favorite. I will always go back here (if our budget is for a mod.)

I can't remember our building number, but we were in the back and still only had a 5 minute walk to everywhere. And, we had a corner room, so we had two huge windows that looked out to the river where they run the boats to DTD. It was wonderful!!!

They are both wonderful but my family prefers POFQ. It is a truly charming little resort with everything nearby. Literally just minutes to the food court, lobby, pool, bus stop, boat launch, etc..... Good luck with your decision!

I think it's funny that I asked the same question about a week ago and all the responses I got favored POR :confused3 We currently have POR booked for bounceback, but I've been having a hard time deciding between the two as well.

We have stayed at both, and we enjoyed both very much (and, like you, we typically stay at the deluxes). I think the themes at both are very well-done. I also worried after I saw photos of those Alligator statues at POFQ, but once we got there I found the whole place very charming. POR is equally charming.

We like that POR has an table-service restaurant, Boatwright's. We have eaten breakfast there several times & it is always great.

Still though, for me, the small size of POFQ gives it the advantage. It's just so nice to not worry about what building you'll be in because they are all so conveniently located.

Have funn planning!

We love POFQ and are planning another trip staying at this resort next year. We like the size, theming, pool, and food court. It is also a very nice walk to POR for their sit down restaurant and boat rental.

POR for us all the way!! It's much more lushly and beautifully landscaped, has a larger foodcourt, giftshop and main pool, and a wonderful restaurant. POFQ is more compact; but POR is so gorgeous we didn't mind the extra walking.

POR is teh one for us. We really like the lush grounds. POFQ is more open and not as much of a "natural" pretty setting. We also really like the extra trundle bed in AB.

POR is the one my husband and I love. We love it so much that we have not stayed at another resort since our first stay at POR!!! The natural beauty is wonderful! A relaxing atmosphere.

Boy that is a tough one!! But I think I would have to give POFQ my vote. The quaint size of the resort is such a plus! The pool is fun, the food court is really very good and the shopping area isn't bad either! The bus being first off in the evening is really nice too! But like I said it's a hard choice because POR is great too! But it can be a REALLY LONG walk to the food and shopping areas if you are in AB or some of the mansions! I think you will be please with either choice though really.
Diane

I think it depends on where you are in AB -- we were there last year and it was a very short walk to the food and shopping areas. Plus we were close to the pool and fishing hole. We loved it!

We've stayed at both and POR wins hands down!! It's just a nicer place and there is more to do there. I know you can walk between them, but why walk over there if you can stay there and it be right outside your door?:confused3 We love the mansions!!! They are so nostalgic and the rooms in them are great. Breakfast at Boatwrights is great too!! POR is a more relaxing and peaceful resort. It's wonderful!!!

We have stayed both places and prefer POR. I just feels more laid back to me. We liked the rooms better at POR as well as the overall theme. The food court was better at POR and offered more choices. POR is defiantly more spread out than FQ but we didn't mind walking. FQ is very nice too. I think you'll be fine with either choice.

My favorite would be POR. Love the theming, boat transportation to DTD, pools, and the food court. But if I had small children, I'd probably go with POFQ, mainly because it is smaller, and less walking with the little ones.

Our DD(4) likes the alligators at POFQ, wants to take a picture with each oneprincess: Remember POFQ is only a short walk from the mansions at POR and you are allowed to use their ammenities since they are sister resorts. We have stayed at and enjoy both of the resorts and are happy at either one.

My vote goes for POR because of the better facilities onsite, the number of pools, and the general lushness and variety of theming. But as has been said, it's a lot bigger than FQ and so I would always suggest trying to get a room close to the main buildings.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter