Which do you prefer, Eastern or Western Caribbean Cruise?

We rotate western-eastern-western-eastern (you get the hint) & I think once we hit a western with a Jamaica stop, if the ports stay the same, we'll switch to all Easterns. We *love* Easterns. Three glorious sea days. So relaxing. I adore St. John. It's by far my fave port so far. DH loves St. Thomas. And, we are tired of Mexico. Yes, GC is nice; can't argue that! And, we actually love Key West but the Fantasy doesn't stop there and she's our "home" ship. If given the choice, I know our family would say eastern all the way 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Interesting so many dislike it. Maybe it's because we did our honeymoon there, but we love it. DW heads straight for the key lime shop for the chocolate Key Lime pie on a stick. Our kids DD10, DD3 love the butterfly conservatory. Once every few years works for us. Overall though, I prefer Eastern as well. The Mexico ports are just meh....

I haven't done Eastern yet but I really enjoy both Cozumel (so much so, we are considering a land vacation there) and Grand Cayman. I'll admit I didn't give Costa Maya a fair chance but seriously DCL, go someplace else! Roatan is one of the prettiest places I've ever seen.

There's a lot of "we stay on the ship", "what's within walking distance to the port", "we only do ship excursions" on this board (which is fine, to each their own) so I don't imagine those people are going to have a lot of use for Western ports (or Nassau) where you need to get away from the port and DO something in order to appreciate the stop there. Plus, DCL itineraries leave something to be desired.

If you snorkel or dive, Western has the best reef in this part of the world.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The eastern caribbean IMO is far more beautiful than the western. The southern caribbean is the most beautiful of all. Maybe Disney will get to the SC some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter