Which Disney trip would you recommend?

DisneyDad1736

Mouseketeer
My wife and I used to be cm at Disney world, have been to Disneyland once and are taking our kids( 2y and 1y) on a Disney cruise in a few months.

We haven’t been to Disney since 2018 and are already (sort of) planning our next Disney trip after our DCL. We are deciding another DCL if we enjoy it, Disneyland or wdw. What would you recommend as the best experience of the three with two toddlers?

My wife and I used to be cm at Disney world, have been to Disneyland once and are taking our kids( 2y and 1y) on a Disney cruise in a few months.

We haven’t been to Disney since 2018 and are already (sort of) planning our next Disney trip after our DCL. We are deciding another DCL if we enjoy it, Disneyland or wdw. What would you recommend as the best experience of the three with two toddlers?

With two littles that won't remember -- not bashing, we started at 18 months with our daughter and have gone at least once a year (usually two or three times) and she is now 15yo -- pick which one will be easiest and most beneficial for you and your wife.

If you are asking which one I would pick for you, it would be Disneyland. First, you have only been once so something exciting to see again. Second, no BUSSES unlike WDW! Not having to collapse the stroller is a huge win in my book. Third, if you can splurge and enjoy a stay at Grand Californian or Disneyland Resort you are in arms reach of the hotel for those afternoon naps with the kids.

However, I don't know where you live so you may have a long flight to California, and that could be on the "con" list with two toddlers. And if you are looking for a longer vacation, a trip out to Disneyland isn't that. My limit there is 3 days. However, you could always add in a road trip to San Diego for the zoo and Coronado which I find to be an extremely friendly kid beach.

I’ve never been to DisneyLand either and I would definitely wait until your kids were older for the cruise. Wait till they’re old enough to enjoy the kid’s activities. That way you get to actually enjoy the cruise yourselves too. 😁

Well, the best thing about a cruise is that your room is never more than a few minutes away, so that is perfect for naps or just to retreat when needed.

Parks can be very overstimulating. Cruises are much more relaxed.

Lines for characters aren't that long on a cruise. Lines on a cruise are rarily long.

Not making reservations to eat (except if you want to do a specialty dinner for the adults).

It could be the perfect introduction to Disney.

And if you are looking for a longer vacation, a trip out to Disneyland isn't that. My limit there is 3 days. However, you could always add in a road trip to San Diego for the zoo and Coronado which I find to be an extremely friendly kid beach
When my kids were little we often went down to Disneyland for five days at a time. That said, a trip down to Legoland works well at that age. We also went down to San Diego for a few days for Sea World and the zoo. Plus Knott’s was fairly fun for them at that age, and since we were driving from the north, we’d occasionally stop at Magic Mountain.

We loved WDW when our kids were young. The first trip was when they were 3 years & 9 months, and we went every year or two for awhile. (Haven't been in 6 years now though, it was kind of better when they were little). We did DCL when they were 6 & 8 and it was miserable (lots of complaining, did not like the kids club at all, wanted to fight loudly in the room). We enjoyed it much more a few years later when they were a little more independent.

1) The option with the easiest travel.
2) The option that keeps your kids on schedule/is in the same time zone.
3) The option with the lowest expectations/new things the parents are excited do.
4) The option that is the least expensive. Kids under 3 have free admission to the parks. I believe kids under 3 are charged 50% of the child rate on DCL.

Don't underestimate the appeal of the pool/splash pad and don't assume all/both kids will enjoy the DCL kids club.

The Disney vacation I'd recommend is adventures by Disney private jet adventures because you'd get to visit all the Disney parks in Shangai, Tokyo, Honk Kong, Paris and California but just to let you know that private jet adventures from adventures by Disney might be very expensive but probably recommended as once in a life time vacation.

How about Walt Disney World combined with a cruise from Port Canaveral Disney cruise line as they do transfers to the Disney resorts.

The only one I've done is WDW, but DS was 18 months his first time, and we all had a blast! I'd say do whatever one you most want to do, before they're old enough to have their own opinions. :rotfl2:

The Disney vacation I'd recommend is adventures by Disney private jet adventures because you'd get to visit all the Disney parks in Shangai, Tokyo, Honk Kong, Paris and California but just to let you know that private jet adventures from adventures by Disney might be very expensive but probably recommended as once in a life time vacation.
This is the vacation you would recommend with two toddlers? Seems overly ambitious with two young children.

The private jet adventure has a minimum age. You have to be 12 years old or older.

I cannot look into anyone's wallet, but 2 former CMs with 2 toddler children are not likely to have the means for such an adventure.

Plus as stated by previous poster, this is not a child minded vacation.
This is the vacation you would recommend with two toddlers? Seems overly ambitious with two young children.
And in 24 days going through all time zones ;)

I'd do WDW with kids that young. We took ours when your youngest was 15 months. Our oldest was 2 when she first went.

At that young age our trips were much more relaxing. We hit the parks early, did a few kiddie rides then the kids fell asleep in the stroller and we took turns riding more "adult" rides. Went back to the hotel for pool time, baths/showers and then dinner and bed. We also had non-park days where we went to the pool, walked around resorts, etc. Those days were much more laid back and relaxing than our trips now when we want to get on as many attractions as possible.

Edited to add: Flight for us is around 2hrs, so that's more doable with little ones too.

Well, the best thing about a cruise is that your room is never more than a few minutes away, so that is perfect for naps or just to retreat when needed.

Parks can be very overstimulating. Cruises are much more relaxed.

Lines for characters aren't that long on a cruise. Lines on a cruise are rarily long.

Not making reservations to eat (except if you want to do a specialty dinner for the adults).

It could be the perfect introduction to Disney.
Yeah we decided on a DCL because we’ve never done it before and heard nothing but great things. We are going on DCL to relax, we don’t really care about excursions or anything, we just want to hit the beach, have fun on the ship and have a good Disney experience. I’m not sure if they would be too young for the parks and be able to go on rides. Parks can also be exhausting lol

Yeah we decided on a DCL because we’ve never done it before and heard nothing but great things. We are going on DCL to relax, we don’t really care about excursions or anything, we just want to hit the beach, have fun on the ship and have a good Disney experience. I’m not sure if they would be too young for the parks and be able to go on rides. Parks can also be exhausting lol
I think as of toddler age you can start taking them to the parks, but you have to adjust to their pace and mood. And really be able to tell them what they need before they tell you. Before they have a tantrum due to exhaustion or overstimulation, you already must have spotted it and take action.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if they would be too young for the parks and be able to go on rides. Parks can also be exhausting lol

Toddlers can go on more rides than not. Mine especially loved the Magic Carpets, It's a Small World, Pooh, and their excitement over the pooh characters in Crystal Palace was just the most fun thing ever. Like a PP, mine would fall asleep in the strollers sometime early-mid afternoon (even though they NEVER napped at home), and we would find a place in the shade to sit for awhile, people watch, grab a snack, take turns on a ride. It was more relaxing of a trip when they were that little.

Just did Disneyland again this May. Loved it. Much easier to parkhop, get back to the hotel, and so forth. Disney Genie more than paid for itself.

Disneyland is way easier with toddlers. You can walk back and forth between the two parks in under 5 minutes. On-site hotels and lots of hotels on Harbor Blvd that are walkable. Much easier for naps and pool time.

Or do another Disney Cruise if you all enjoy your upcoming trip. WDW is easier when kids are older as it is so large.

Last edited:
DCL. Shorter lines for characters and meals and built in babysitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter