Which Disney restaurants were you unhappy with?

Pecos Bill - particularly the Chicken Wrap. It is nasty precooked cold chicken. I cannot stomach it. I don't eat burgers or pork. I bring something else in to eat.

I'm not going to make any friends with this but here goes:
The Plaza
We've eaten here twice. Both times we had a wait way past our reservation time, like 45 minutes +. And I found the food to be so bland, tasteless and boring.

We also have a 3 strike rule

'Ohanas, Le Cellier and Tony's (Tony's was taken off the list after 1st strike, it was SO bad)

A few others like Tutto Italia and Mama Melrose, it'll be awhile before we eat there again. Just too many fantastic places to go.

GaBelle said:
I'm not going to make any friends with this but here goes:
The Plaza
We've eaten here twice. Both times we had a wait way past our reservation time, like 45 minutes +. And I found the food to be so bland, tasteless and boring.

1900 Park Fare - the only redeeming quality to the experience was the step-sisters and Lady Tremaine. Even my kids, who usually eat any and everything, didn't like it.

I think it's interesting the restaurants that some people absolutely love and others absolutely hate. You have to wonder if it depends on what day you eat there or if people just have different tastes.

As for me, I think the only restaurant I've eaten at that I really didn't like was Electric Umbrella. I think it had most to do with the fact that the food was just very unremarkable. It wasn't inedible. I've enjoyed all of the TS restaurants we've been to.

From our trip a couple of weeks ago:

Pecos Bill's - overpriced, overrated, and overcrowded. Our least favorite QS meal of the trip.

Landscape of Flavors (AoA) - food was actually really good, but the madhouse that was the food court coupled with the often rude, and usually not at all helpful staff, made us dislike it.

T-Rex - we ordered steaks, and all four ordered them medium rare. One was cooked medium well, and all four steaks were full of fat, gristle, and even the odd sliver of bone on the edge - for a $35 steak I would expect a bit of trimming before it was cooked. The chocolate extinction dessert, on the other hand, was excellent and redeemed the meal to some degree for us.

The only meal that I can't get over, two years later, is 1900 Park Fare Dinner-awful!

We going to do a redo of 'Ohana and it *may* be added to our list of never agains if it isn't improved.

Mama Melrose at DHS- worst meal I've ever had in disney. Even my daughter refused to eat her pizza (which she loves normally). Will never ever be going back there!!

I won't write off a restaurant until I have eaten there at least twice. For us, it would be Le Cellier, Hollywood & Vine dinner, Chef Mickey's for dinner, Cape May for dinner (breakfast is ok at all 3) and Whispering Canyon. Every time 'Ohana is on the verge of being added to the list, we have a good meal. Very inconsistent.

Narcoossee's one of our daughters was 9 the other was 11 so it was a long time ago and the waiter told us we were rude to make our 9 year old eat from the kids menu (we were on the dining plan he thought we should pay out of pocket for the 9 year old) he kept telling her how mean we were and how we must like her sister better it was weird. the food wasn't awful or anything and the chances are we would have a different server but we just never went back.

if it happened to me now I would complain to a manager about him but back then I wasn't sure if we were in a place like 50's where they messed with you

The only meal that I can't get over, two years later, is 1900 Park Fare Dinner-awful! Ambiance left a lot to be desired as it was stuck in back of the resort in an old ballroom with no decoration whatsoever. We had to wait well past an hour after our ADR time even though we were there ten minutes early. The buffet was comparable to the Golden Coral in that, the majority of the dishes were sitting in grease, mayo or olive oil and the selection of food was very, very small.

The characters were fantastic but, they were not enough for us return.

My DS 7 became very unhappy when the older lady waitress at Whispering Canyon greeted him with something like, "well I already made one kid cry....so hopefully not you too." He did not find that funny at all, and sulked through the whole dinner. Granted, it was our travel day there and we were veerrrry tired and overheated, not to mention hungry. Not a good choice for a first dinner, but we liked it overall, and like the concept. You just have to be ready for a very loud atmosphere, which we normally our good with, but NOT on a travel day.

And one more thing, the Port Orleans riverside food court was a complete fail to me for breakfast. It always seemed filthy, crowded, and no way! For the money we just spent to stay here you are seriously going to serve that slop and call it " eggs? " They were, sorry, but sickening.

I would say the only restaurant that I really disliked was the 50's Restaurant. We all thought the food was horrible. I have had better frozen meals.

I have been happy with almost all meals we've had. The only standout awful meal was at Coral Reef. Bad food (very over-cooked or waited very long under the heat lamps), very bad service (the night of the disappearing waiter). :rolleyes2 And Hollywood & Vine. I don't expect much from the wait staff at buffets...just drink service, but I could not get a refill for love nor money. :sad2:

We haven't eaten at any restaurant in Disney that I would call "terrible", but there are a few that we will not be returning to anytime soon.

Sci Fi - Food was just blah, edible, but not much flavor

Akershus (brkfst) - Again, the food here was just meh, nothing I care to eat again (especially for the price). Princess interaction was nice though.

AOA food court - Food wasn't bad, but the chaos and indifferent staff has us avoiding this one in the future

Cosmic Rays - We've enjoyed eating here in the past, but last month's visit, it just seemed dirty. We were not there during peak meal time either.

But, take this for what it's worth, because everyone seems to have differing opinions. Some of our favorite restaurants are on the lists that other posters don't like!

We also have a three strike rule and Flying Fish is OUT. We do alot of signature dining and have had some good meals there. But the last three dinners there were horrible. The last strike was Dinner for 3 for $205 and I had steam coming out of my ears as we left.

Worst meal we ever had at Disney was the Coral Reef. That was quite awhile ago but it was so bad it was memorable.

Tusker House was the first place I was disappointed in. I had heard so many wonderful reviews and was so excited to go there. We had 8:00 reservations but didn't get in until 8:15. This wouldn't have been a big deal except that we arrived at 7:45 and it was clear that they were just seating people whenever they arrived. We shared a bus with a large group of people who said that they had reservations at 8:30. They were seated before us. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed and not at all prepared. She never did bring out our daughter a glass of milk. The photographer also seemed in over his head and took forever to get us our photo. The food was decent, but nothing special. We will try it again because of all the wonderful things we have heard, but we were certainly disappointed.

Le Cellier has the honor of being the first "never again" restaurant for our family. The food was good, but not anywhere near as good as they seem to think it is considering the price. We also had a very rude server. She asked if any of us had ever been there before. I told her that I had. She asked when was the last time and I told her it was 6 years ago. She looks at me and says, "So you've never been here before.":confused3 She made some recommendations (without us asking) and when we ordered something different, made a face, sighed, or otherwise acted like we were making a huge mistake. Not sure why since the food was all rather good... just should have been a fraction of the price.

We may not go to Coral Reef again. The food was good, the atmosphere is lovely, but the portions are small for what you are paying. No real complaints other than portions, though.

And finally, Garden Grill disappointed us in December. I know, I know. Hear me out, though. My husband and I first dined there on our honeymoon back in January of 2008. Garden Grill was a favorite! We absolutely loved it and told our family that they had to go there when we planned a 4 generations trip in December. We were seated, the food came out, and we were let down. The rest of our family adored the food. They were raving about it. My husband and I remembered it as much better. The character interaction was still some of the best we have experienced, but the food just wasn't as we remembered. We came home and it remained one that my family raved about, so my husband and I talked about it and decided that we needed to try it again and that it was entirely possible that we built it up in our heads as much better than it actually was. In June, we went back and were so pleased. The food was great, the server was probably the best we have ever had at Disney, the food was great, the character interaction was still fantastic, and did I mention the food was great? My husband figure we are in a vicious cycle: We will go and love the food, build it up in our minds, go back and get disappointed, decide we need to try it one more time, rinse, repeat.

I would ask people to not read too much into reviews. Restaurants can have an off day and there are simply different tastes.

With that said I think our least fave has been Tusker House for dinner. I thought it might be nice to change things up and skip Boma and try this instead. HUGE mistake. The food was just horrible. Really glad we were on free dining. Just wanted to kick myself for not sticking to Boma!

Oh I know I'll get some heat for this..... O'hana breakfast was a never again! DH, dd9 and dd3 are very much breakfast people so maybe that was the disappointment, we were disappointed in the selection and felt so rushed through the characters, the poly was beautiful and I'm glad to have gone but even our dd9 said she could live without and I would have to agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter