Which Disney Resorts...Gartner Group?

Nadjalu

DIS Veteran
Fellow Dis'ers, I can't seem to find the thread or the info on the which Disney Resorts this group/convention is taking over.

I know that they will be there the 3rd week of Oct and have the Swan and the Dolphin completely booked out.
But there were 2 other resorts, one being the YachtClub also booked, but I can't remember the 4th resort.

Does anyone know???

We were sent a PIN code to upgrade to a deluxe resort and I think it is just one specific resort. Not sure if I want it or not.

Gartner is there Oct 16-20 this year. They use the BC/YC, S&D and the Boardwalk for hotel rooms. I believe they primarily use the S&D and BC/YC for the meeting rooms and their private functions. They also use other hotels which I vaguely remember, maybe CSR? But we have not been to the convention in several years.

Off of their website:

Gartner Symposium/ITxpo will be held October 16-20, 2011 in Orlando, Florida at Walt Disney World resorts.

Symposium/ITxpo 2011 will take place at the Walt Disney World Dolphin, Walt Disney World Swan, and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Transportation will be provided daily to and from the hotels listed below.

In order to book your hotel accommodations, please contact the hotel of your choice directly and indicate that you are attending Gartner's Symposium/ITxpo 2011 to receive our negotiated rates. A block of rooms have been reserved at the Walt Disney World Dolphin, Walt Disney World Swan, Disney's Boardwalk Inn, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Port Orleans — Riverside and the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

I'll be attending !!! Disney's convention services are unsurpassed. They can feed 5,000 people (using several buffet lines) in under 20 minutes.

I'll be attending !!! Disney's convention services are unsurpassed. They can feed 5,000 people (using several buffet lines) in under 20 minutes.

You're not kidding! I was there last year and was so impressed at how they handled the meal times. I basically never had to wait in line, even at the busiest times and the food wasn't bad at all!

I wish the evening event would be at DHS instead of Universal though.

I asked our analyst where the Tuesday evening event was, and she said that they haven't announced it. I am hoping that the logistics problem with Universal last year (how long did it take all of the buses to unload at Universal) will make them want to stay at Disney.

I asked our analyst where the Tuesday evening event was, and she said that they haven't announced it. I am hoping that the logistics problem with Universal last year (how long did it take all of the buses to unload at Universal) will make them want to stay at Disney.

That's good to know. We bailed on the Universal trip last year and ended up going to MNSSHP on our own dime. The line for the buses was many thousand people deep and I am not a super huge fan of the rides (coasters and other things likely to make me barf!) at Universal. So we just kept on walking and improvised. I think we ended up making a great call! We'd never been to that particular event before and had a great time.

My husband and I both went to the conference last year and our kids stayed with Grandma. We're not sure we're going to have that same luxury this year so it's likely the case that only one of us will go. We each had pretty heavy commitments for work most of the time but we did get Tuesday evening at the halloween party and Wednesday evening we walked around the Food and Wine Festival. Nice grown-up date time squeezed in! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter